Breaking Benjamin

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
Danix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Breaking Benjamin

Unread postby Danix » 15 Oct 2009 13:29

Last edited by Danix on 16 Oct 2009 06:49, edited 1 time in total.

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 15 Oct 2009 23:58

Haha, you quoted the wrong person. xD I was the one who said that part, not Becky.

Not that she isn't awesome. Even in my short time here I've come to figure out that she's awesome.

"You're not a judge
But if you're gonna judge me
Well, sentence me
To another life."

Danix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Danix » 16 Oct 2009 06:49

ops fixed :)

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 16 Oct 2009 09:20

"You're not a judge
Well, sentence me
To another life."

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 16 Oct 2009 13:40

I seriously love every single song on the new CD - and the only other band that I can say that about is Sick Puppies . The lyrics and the music are just haunting, passionate, angry, beautiful.... there are some songs that could (and have ) brought tears to my eyes and then there are others that are a perfect venting outlet . You can really feel the pain and heartache in Benjamin's voice -- now they just need to do a show with Sick Puppies in my area and I will be a happy gal :biggrin:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 17 Oct 2009 06:53

Aaaah Donna stop, I want this CD. :drool:

Slivarito
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Slivarito » 17 Oct 2009 13:44

One of my favortie bands of all time! I can't pick a favorite song, but Phobia is probably their best cd, followed by either Saturate or Dear Agony. Yes, the new cd is amazing as well! For anyone who hasn't heard much Breaking Benjamin, they are very different from cd to cd, but I'd recommend listening to Phobia and Dear Agony. It really depends on your music preferences, Saturate is their heaviest, followed by probably Dear Agony, We Are Not Alone, and then Phobia, but I think Phobia probably has their best composed songs, but Dear Agony comes really close. I listened to Dear Agony like 15 times once it came out haha, very good. My favorites off of the new cd are probably I Will Not Bow, Hopeless, and Fade Away.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 17 Oct 2009 17:19

"You're not a judge
Well, sentence me
To another life."

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 17 Oct 2009 17:34

My favorite songs from Dear Agony are "Anthem of the Angels", "Fade Away", and "Give Me A Sign".

Slivarito
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Slivarito » 17 Oct 2009 17:38

Oh yeah that's right... Anthem of the Angels was awesome. Their orchestration in general is great. Dear Agony was pretty much good all the way through... they did not dissapoint.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 18 Oct 2009 16:50

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

DeadSpace
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DeadSpace » 18 Oct 2009 19:49

"Even a Ray of light only emphasize's the depth of her own darkness"

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 18 Oct 2009 20:45

Anthem Of The Angels, Lights Out and Fade away are my favorite. I Will Not Bow is still okay in my book but not one of my favorites.

"You're not a judge
Well, sentence me
To another life."

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 24 Oct 2009 20:02

Picked this album up not long after it came out, and it's been strapped to my side with a few others in my car and at work. Loving each song, especially Fade Away, Hopeless, Dear Agony and Lights Out (maybe I should just list the whole record). My little sister is becoming a music rocker chick, and I'm adding to it introducing her to more music including this album. It's on a long list of my collection she needs to listen to. One of her nicknames is "little sparrow" as I'm "teaching" (more like throwing at her) more bands and music, which she's loving...she didn't know who Kurt Cobain was....it was a cry for help. She's enjoyiong it now. :smile: BB is from a town not too far from us, so I'm hoping their current tour comes by for us to catch a show as I've been wanting to see them live.

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 24 Oct 2009 22:29

"You're not a judge
Well, sentence me
To another life."

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 25 Oct 2009 20:19

It's a good suggestion! Good thing she's already a fan of a few BB songs, as well as Flyleaf, Papa Roach and Puddle of Mudd...as well as a few others. I'm so proud thus far... ;) It's really funny when she's listening to something in my car and she's like...dude I've heard this before, wait that's that band???...I always laugh and then point her in the direction to the album in the car/apt or to itunes. :smile: I've directed her to WMMR in Philly, but I don't think she's listened to the station too much as of yet. Baby steps...

:rock:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 09 Nov 2009 05:58

Have any of you noticed that they clean his voice up in the studio more and more on each album? I heard their live dvd, and his voice sounded like they were re-recording Saturate, even on songs like The Diary of Jayne. His voice just sounds different. :noclue:

And on the new album, he sings a little lower and a LOT cleaner. Oh well.

I love What Lies Beneath :music:
And Home :rock:

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
Makes no difference OPEN THE DOOR!
I lost the game.

Slivarito
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Slivarito » 09 Nov 2009 12:32

Yeah from what I heard, they are way different live. I haven't seen them live yet, but I'd like to. Yeah Saturate in general was a SICK cd, I'm suprised at how few people know it.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 09 Nov 2009 13:22

It's killing me that they have no dates listed in my area at all .. and they are from around here ! I'm going to keep hoping though .

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 09 Nov 2009 20:34

I know! Thankfully they only started touring the new album, and I'm waiting for spring tour dates to start being announced (for both BB and other bands).

:band:

Return to “Other Music You Love”