Hello, my name is George, and I see White Balloons

Tell us who you are & why you love the Sick Puppies!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zerotix
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello, my name is George, and I see White Balloons

Unread postby zerotix » 03 Oct 2016 07:29

So there was this girl... I know a lot of stories start this way, but I had an interview lined up for a job at the local Waffle House here in my town that my roommate had already been working at for around three weeks. He would come home and tell me about our boss, about his co-workers, and all of the stupid things that happened on 3rd shift. You know what they say about 3rd shift Waffle House, haha.

One day he came home from a 2nd shift and told me about this girl he couldn't stand working with. I had been doing a lot of drugs at the time and was trying to clean up my act. I had crazy dreams while coming off the drugs, and his story happened to line up perfectly with the one I had the night prior. He comes at me and tells me "Theres this retarded girl with blue hair I work with named Paris..." I had already ignored everything after that. I told him "That's the girl I'm gonna marry." And when I started working there, we immediately hit it off and started dating. One of the first songs I showed her was White Balloons. This song turned me to her, because she looked straight into my heart and forgot about everything else from the time I met her. She was a bright spark, and I was a dull rock. I fell hard, and so did she. The honeymoon phase of our relationship lasted over a year, and I wanted to marry this girl. I wrote the lyrics down on a sheet of paper with the nicest pen strokes that I could, drew a picture of her, and wrapped it up and gave it to her as my initiation present to this relationship. She was everything to me, and it turned out she was quite the muse. I quit drugs altogether and was happy making her the center of my universe for a little bit.

Over the course of the next few years the spark started to die out, but we still loved each other, and we we're loyal. We wanted to make it work, we just felt that we needed to be on our own, just the two of us. No roommates, no distractions. Just us. And somewhere along the way I shut down and couldn't handle the pressure of trying to make ends meet all while keeping up with the illusionary expectation to take care of everything in her life too.

Well, it's been three years guys. And after three years of struggling to make ends meet with this girl, our finances, and figuring out our lives, she came home one day and packed her stuff and left. I had went to work a 2nd shift that day and we had talked about getting a bottle of wine and drinking together to pick things back up. She already had it in her mind that she was leaving, so she texted while at work and told me she moved in with this woman she worked with at her new job. She assured me that we we're still together, but that we needed some geography to fix things. After some resistance, I finally said okay, and we tried to make it work. Turns out she was cheating on me with some dude she just met working there.

I went through every possible human emotion these past few weeks, and I even tried to tell her that it was okay, that if we just worked it out we could repair this relationship. She doesn't even care, and she's still hanging with the dude. My friend's have been telling me since the beginning that I deserve better, that I could do better. I didn't care though, I do better under pressure from the rest of the world, and as long as she stayed with me I was impenetrable. I haven't let myself get depressed, and I told everyone not to let me fall into it again, and if I say anything remotely nice about missing her to punch me in the face. I know now that I'm angry, I've been looking for a fight anywhere, but I'm doing my best to let it go and move on. I drink nothing but water now, been working out, and started singing again like I used to. I used to sing to her, pretty much anything off of the Tri-Polar album. I love metal, but she didn't, so I would sing her White Balloons. She had a voice too, and we would sing in duet. I have a harder time with the high notes so she would cover that part.

Just yesterday I found out that SP is coming to the Metroplex here in Arkansas, and I got sad and excited at the same time. I'd love to go see you guys... but at the same time I have no one to bring, and I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing anyone anyway. It's my time now. I don't know. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this. I guess it's because that song has a lot of significance to my life right now, and I wanted to share the love for it's creation in this place, where I was told the band connects to it's fans. It's not an expensive show by any means, but I don't know if I'm ready for it. Anyways, that's my story in a nutshell. Nice to meet all of you :)

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello, my name is George, and I see White Balloons

Unread postby stephb » 03 Oct 2016 09:52

Wow George that's a lot to go through. I know it sound cliché but listening to music can help. I can't tell you how many times I listened to Maybe before and during my divorce. Everyone here in the forum is awesome. Feel free to come on and hopefully enjoy yourself. Speaking of enjoying yourself, you should go to the show. Sure you will miss her but I'm willing to bet you will start rocking with the music and enjoy yourself for the fun you are having. Welcome to the forum!

Steph

WelcomeWagonTeam
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby WelcomeWagonTeam » 03 Oct 2016 10:30

Welcome George! :wave:

On behalf of the Sick Puppies and Sick Puppies World Crew we would like to thank you for joining us and welcome you to the forum. If you have any questions or need any assistance at all please feel free to ask one of our Ambassador in the "Ask An Ambassador" thread found here: Someone will get back to you shortly. We are glad to have you as part of the World crew.

[]I, I won't justify-The way I live my life-'Cause I'm the one livin' it, feelin' it, tastin' it-And you're just wasting your time-Trying to throw me a line-When you're the one drowning I like where I'm at on my back-Floating down in my own riptide-The water is fine[/color]

crystal08

Unread postby crystal08 » 03 Oct 2016 10:40

Welcome George! :wave:
Three years is a long time to be in a relationship so it's only natural to take some time to heal. I agree with steph, music really is the best medicine. Going to a show alone can be a good experience, you get to meet new people who like to rock out. No worries if you're not up to it yet, you can join us here on the forum in the mean time. :)

zerotix
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby zerotix » 03 Oct 2016 13:56

I have a buddy that lived on my couch for quite some time, and I call him a brother. The first thing I did was visit him for the day, and we listed to a lot of music, and the song that stuck with me on the way home was Nobody by Stick To Your Guns, which ironically is the name of the new SP album. I feel like it's meant to be.

Thank yall for the kind commenta. I've been through some sh*t, but yeah three years is hard to shake off. I'm working on it though. Music has definitely helped as always.

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 03 Oct 2016 22:26

Welcome, George!

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 03 Oct 2016 22:30

Hi George.

That took a lot of guts to post and I'm glad you did.

It's nice to meet you. You and your demons and your white balloons.

Welcome.

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

aznprincessesa
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby aznprincessesa » 26 Oct 2016 21:47

Hi George! Welcome to the forum! Music can explain so much about how a person feels without that person saying a single word... Music is absolutely great for the soul. Keep your chin up! :wave:

:sp: "You can't regret what you don't decide." :rock:

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 09 Nov 2016 11:31

Welcome! :wave:

Return to “Introductions”