Tell us about your recent Sick Puppies show!

Sick Puppies live! Ticket links and venue information. Tell us about the shows you're going to or the ones you've already seen here!
*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tell us about your recent Sick Puppies show!

Unread postby *J* » 11 Oct 2013 13:58

Have you seen Sick Puppies recently? Feed us some of the cool details about the venue, any merch you bought, and the songs you liked best live!!

We can't go to every show, but we can all live vicariously through eachother!!

Ceallach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Tell us about your recent Sick Puppies show!

Unread postby Ceallach » 11 Oct 2013 15:51

Ok, I'll go first.

Saw them at The Ritz Ybor (Tampa) on October 2nd...
OF COURSE it was a good show...make that AWESOME...

Usually the Ritz has great sound, but there were a few kinks that night - Shim made a remark about the place being haunted. (I guess no one told him how old Ybor City is and that there's so many 'hauntings' that they have tours around Halloween.) I've been to a number of shows at the Ritz & never witnessed sound issues like that, so Shim must've attracted a wandering ghost when he was walking around Centro Ybor. Guess the ghost didn't have anything better to do, so it decided to come play with the Sick Puppies!

Actually, there was another famous person-sighting shortly before I saw Shim - a couple of people saw Chris Angel walking down 7th :laugh:

I finally got to purchase my hard copy of Connect (& get it signed, of course). Figured more $ would go straight to the band if I got it there, anyway. And got the tour shirt. Had the chance to meet & talk to some of the Ambassadors, finally - Gerry, too.

Some of us that were standing up front had a discussion about how "still" the crowd was - had been for both opening bands, too. So we loved it when Shim started giving people in the back a hard time about just standing there.

All in all: GREAT SHOW, A GREAT TIME....at least up front it was!

MUSIC SPEAKS WHEN WORDS FAIL

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 11 Oct 2013 16:37

Ceallach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Ceallach » 11 Oct 2013 17:13

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 11 Oct 2013 18:03

I know, right? He joked with me about it later in the autograph line so that made me feel a tad bit less of a loser. :biggrin:

I did learn a couple of things from this situation. 1) I'm just going to start going to SP shows by myself from now on so I can stand wherever the heck I want to. 2) If Shim asks you to do something - just do it! I think the LSD kicks in and he won't take no for an answer! :laugh:

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 11 Oct 2013 19:59

Hedgehogs for days

WonSickPuppy
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby WonSickPuppy » 11 Oct 2013 20:06

Vegas a few weeks ago was a rare highlight of my life with my SPWC family! I miss you all! You know who you are!

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 11 Oct 2013 20:21

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 12 Oct 2013 09:24

I went to the Stone Pony show in Asbury Park last night. Of course the show was amazing and since the venue is all general admission my 17-year-old son, who is a HUGE fan of Emma's, got to see her up close and personal while she worked her magic on her bass. But, with 3 bands on before SP finally took the stage, I felt my energy level drop a little by the time Redlight Kings were done with their set. But, all I needed was the first few notes of Die To Save You and my energy level was at 100% again. No disrespect to the other bands, it was just a little much.

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 12 Oct 2013 15:25

Great stories! I will be posting about our Michigan shows next weekend!!

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 12 Oct 2013 16:15

Hedgehogs for days

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 12 Oct 2013 16:52

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 12 Oct 2013 18:11

There has been a few times Shim has gotten onto me for not just standing around, he tells me he always sees me just standing in the back by the bar. I just remind him that's where the beer is and jumping around spills the beer. And that it's 9 dollar beer night.

I DO!!!!

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 12 Oct 2013 19:28

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 12 Oct 2013 19:55

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 12 Oct 2013 20:08

Lol! It's up pretty loud Cassie

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 12 Oct 2013 20:24

Did you hear me whisper Charlie's name just now?

Ceallach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Ceallach » 13 Oct 2013 08:45

Ceallach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Ceallach » 13 Oct 2013 08:57

pantheras54
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby pantheras54 » 13 Oct 2013 15:39

Most recently, I drove 650 miles solo to see Sick Puppies play in Atlanta. I live near Miami, FL, so it was quite the road trip! But completely worth every mile!

The venue was delightfully creepy, and the show was incredible, as always. Sick Puppies never disappoint! I've had four personal goals remaining for shows, and I had two crossed off the list in one night. A few years ago, Emma handed me a bass pick from the stage, so I really wanted to someday catch a Shim pick. I was really lucky at this Atlanta show and I managed to get his pick! Now I have a set! Last year, I was able to get a photo with Shim, so one of my other goals was to snag a photo op with Mark and Emma, too. Mark was a total sweetheart at the autograph line after the show and promised me that when the band was done signing, I could get a few quick photos. Awesome! At the end, Emma wished me "a safe drive home so I could travel to see them again."

I have to admit, by the time I walked back to my car, I was crying tears of happiness. The whole band is just so incredible, both musically and as individual human beings. In the past couple of weeks, I've been told that I was crazy to make this trip more times than I could count (both here at home and up in Atlanta). But you know what? It's worth it. For Sick Puppies, it's completely worth it.

And I would readily drive that distance again, and then some.

Don't let someone tell you you're no one.

Coral Gables, FL -- 10/23/07
West Palm Beach, FL -- 12/05/09
Ft. Lauderdale, FL -- 07/24/10
Jacksonville, FL -- 05/30/11
St. Petersburg, FL -- 09/25/12
Atlanta, GA -- 10/06/13
Ft. Myers, FL -- 04/26/14

Return to “Concerts”