The Amazing Spider-Man

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Amazing Spider-Man

Unread postby Serge » 08 May 2012 00:42

This looks like the "Batman Begins", if you will, to the Spider-Man series. And I really feel Marc Webb is going to top Sam Raimi's work, as I see a lot of potential in him. Plus the fantastic up-and-coming cast in Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone adds to the quality. Anyone else excited for this? :smile:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

rocklover

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

Unread postby rocklover » 05 Jul 2012 09:25

im planning on seeing this on saturday. already talked to a couple people who saw it yesterday and they all loved it.

~Jen

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 06 Jul 2012 01:07

Cool! I'm seeing it Saturday as well. I was planning on seeing it on release day, but I promised my brother that I would wait to see it with him until Saturday, lol. Promising director, great cast, and you can never go wrong with Emma Stone. :love:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 07 Jul 2012 22:09

Was a great movie. I think garfield was perfect for Spider Man. My main complaints are that the story was extremely rushed, there was no build up the Peter/Gwen relationship, was just bam it was there. Also they cut out a huge part of the movie that was supposed to deal with his father's research/past and something that was possible done to him, hopefully they are gonna go more into it in the next 2 movies.

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patrickdron » 18 Jul 2012 12:13

saw it with my girlfriend two weeks ago, it's good but not as good as the original 3 spiderman films with Tobey Maguire.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 18 Jul 2012 15:55

I thought Andrew Garfield was a much better Peter Parker, but needs just a tad bit improvement as Spider-Man. I also thought the origins story was a bit rushed, but I think this is merely a prologue for way bigger & better things to come.

And Peter/Gwen did lack the build-up that Peter/Mary-Jane had in Raimi's films, but they had such ridiculously high chemistry that it didn't really bother me too much, if at all; I actually thought the best scenes were between those two; they were so sweet, tender, magical, and almost felt organic.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 23 Jul 2012 20:20

Yeah, casting-wise I preferred everyone on this movie to the old ones, and I think it was excellent if only the story wasn't so rushed. I love the first 2 of the original trilogy but hated the 3rd one with a firey passion. With this casting I expect this new trilogy to blow the old one out of the water

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

jamesstolen08

Unread postby jamesstolen08 » 28 Aug 2012 11:05

"The Amazing Spider-Man" is my favorite action movie. I have watched this movie many times online. All scenes are in this movie so much fantastic. "Emma Stone" create fantastic role in this movie.

risenreturn

Unread postby risenreturn » 10 Sep 2012 16:24

Anything with Emma Stone in it = awesome movie.

otherwise, I liked it better than Spider Man 2 and 3, and about even with the original one. Is it weir that I almost preferred it to TDKR?

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 16 Jan 2013 11:13

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”