WEEDSPORT, NY - 19 July 2008

Sick Puppies live! Ticket links and venue information. Tell us about the shows you're going to or the ones you've already seen here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Susanna
Founder
Founder

WEEDSPORT, NY - 19 July 2008

Unread postby Susanna » 05 Jun 2008 20:08

Weedsport Raceway
(with Three Days Grace, "The band that shall not be named" & Shinedown)
1 Speedway Dr
Weedsport, NY 13166
(315) 834-6606

Information & Tickets:

Thank you to lovehate for this information.

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: WEEDSPORT, NY - 19/07/2008

Unread postby angelbear425 » 07 Jun 2008 08:57

This is another potential concert for me! Only a little better than 2 hrs away! :D

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 08 Jun 2008 10:20

Will be at this show!! Just bought our tickets to go!! YAY!! Sooo excited!! Sick Puppies 3 times in 1 week!! :D

bodie20
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bodie20 » 09 Jun 2008 12:29

I'm going to this concert! This will be my third Krockathon and third time seeing sick puppies! Cannot wait! :mrgreen:

pintsize
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby pintsize » 21 Jun 2008 18:54

See you guys there ;)

Man I hope this year they don't get the crappy sound setup like last year. They still did a great job even if the mic cut out!

bodie20
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: WEEDSPORT, NY - 19 July 2008

Unread postby bodie20 » 13 Jul 2008 18:35

Yay cannot wait til this weekend!

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 20 Jul 2008 09:42

Concert Review:

My friend and I left yesterday at around 8am. We were going to leave at 7:15, but I wasn't ready on time. It took us about 2.5 hours to get there. The traffic to get off the exit was insane because most people up there don't believe in EZ-Pass. Once we rounded the corner we were able to go right through because we have EZ-Pass.

We got to the parking lot and it was just a big mess of people drinking (which most people believe makes you have a good time haha). It was already about 85 degrees. They opened gates at 11:30 instead of noon, which I was thankful for because there was a huge line to get in the venue. They had separate lines for guys and girls to go in to get searched. I got up to the front and the lady told me I had to take my Tiffany's neckalce and bracelet off and take them and my sunscreen back to the car. She said I was going to use my jewelry as weapons (who uses a $400 necklace and a $250 bracelet as weapons??? Not Me!!)

I walked back to the car and them went back to get checked again, bought 2 waters and met my friend in the front. We were about 3 people back from the front at this point. There were a few obnoxiously drunk people near us, but I didnt think they would bother us. As soon as the bands started people started crowd surfing and pushing everyone forward- again no big deal. I was determined to make it to Sick Puppies in the front. During this time it started pouring, but I stuck it out. I almost made it too.

Luna Halo was the 3rd band to go on and I almost got squished to death in the half hour they were playing. I am not even exaggerating here- not even a little bit. She, her friend, and their boyfriends were all large- at least 6ft tall and at least 300 pounds each. They left and when they came back they threw everyone out of the way and pushed back to the front. They kept shoving me over and I couldnt breath bc I had less than a foot of space. I told security I couldnt breathe because she kept pushing me and they wouldnt do anything about it- they said they couldnt. Then I had some big guy punching me in the side to try to get his gf in the front. All of this occurred in about 40 min. Once 12 stones went on (band after Luna Halo and before Sick Puppies) I just couldnt take it anymore. The biggest girl next to me just kept pushing and her arm was in my throat as she was trying to choke me to get me out of there. We left went to the back of the crowd.

Sick Puppies were next and they were amazing as usual!! They played for about 45 minutes, which was longer than their set with "The band that shall not be named". They played Anywhere But Here, which is my fav song of theirs so I was in my glory. I think they were the only band all day to not have anything thrown at them on stage (that I saw anyway). We went up to talk to them after and get autographs. I told them their set made my day and they seemed very appreciative of it. I them helped Kemmy and Shiela pass out stickers and get people to sign up for the mailing list.

The rest of the day we just hung out in the back because the crowd was violent. There were a ton of fights- all girls and girls trying to fight guys. There wasn't even security to stop it. There was no alcohol limit and people smoking marijuana everywhere. They were soo worried about my jewelry and sunscreen that they didnt actually search people for the items that werent allowed in there.

We left before 3 Days Grace came on because it was just that bad. We heard them when we were walking back to the car, but then they just stopped. I wonder what happened??? We saw the cops down the road when we were leaving. Where were they all day at the venue where there was very little security??? It was just pathetic. I've worked for Live Nation for years and have never seen anything like that before.

However, as bad as it was, I still had a good time with my friend. And Sick Puppies were amazing and seeing them made my whole day!

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby nicolenice » 20 Jul 2008 10:43

Jami

Sorry you got your but kicked some people are just evil. And when it comes to concerts some guys have no problem hitting a woman so sorry again. But you should be happy you got to see them play anywhere but here i have been to 3 so far and no anywhere but here :cry: But how could you leave before three days grace that is sad. Before you go to anymore concerts like that I would say take up boxing and get ready for the show :laugh:

So I am glad you atleast had fun when it came to SP.

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 20 Jul 2008 10:49

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 20 Jul 2008 15:04

People can be so rude... I'm sorry that they were so violent - it can definitely ruin a concert experience, but I'm glad it didn't ruin yours!! Thank you for sharing your story! :smile:

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 20 Jul 2008 20:20

Yea haha people were rude and violent, but seeing Sick Puppies and talking to them after just made my day. :biggrin:

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 21 Jul 2008 04:33

It totally sucks when people are crazy at concerts! And I'm sure the binge drinking really helped! Not that I don't partake sometimes, but I like to REMEMBER who I saw and how good it was! Sometimes the outdoor shows are just like that. It sure makes me appreciate seeing them at a smaller venue.

sidenote: Anywhere But Here is also my favorite! And my ringtone of course!

I'm sorry the experience wasn't what it should have been because of stupid people!

But I'm glad you had fun!

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 21 Jul 2008 12:16

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 23 Jul 2008 22:22

some pics from the show

Giving Mark some camera time finally :tongue:

Return to “Concerts”