TOLEDO, OH - 12 July 2008

Sick Puppies live! Ticket links and venue information. Tell us about the shows you're going to or the ones you've already seen here!
dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: TOLEDO, OH - 12 July 2008

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 11 Jul 2008 16:10

Well, I'm here and ready for this gig tomorrow. I still need to find out if I am supposed to take the sign up sheets home with me to enter them onto the form, and then mail them to whoever is supposed to get them. :noclue:

I'm sending out a signal to the possibility of you...
'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Shamrock » 12 Jul 2008 03:47

You'd best PM Susanna about that, me thinks. Have fun tonight!

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 12 Jul 2008 21:04

Hope you are having a great time Brian! We want to hear all about it!

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 13 Jul 2008 08:34

o man do i have a story for you guys!!!!!

first we get there and brian says he can get us backstage. so omg we got back stage!!!!! and me nicole and my friend kelly are just hanging out and shim comes out to get some food. we wave and he makes a silly face lol. then he comes over to us with a plate full of watermelon! we gladly ate it. hes so sweet! then we went and had the best spot on the rail for their performance (great pics coming later). mark threw a drumstick and it landed on the protruding part of the stage. and i got a security guard to go and give it to me!!!! then we left to go help them out at the merch booth. we did the email sign up while brian handed out stickers. i got mark to sign the stick. amazing! then we had a wonderful convo with paul backstage while he was eating. great guy!

then we went back out to watch "The band that shall not be named". and emma performed with them!!! awesome show! then we went back to the merch booth for the second signing and the moment shim saw us he got up and gave us a group hug. (best hugger ever!!!!!) we got more emails and chatted with the band and chatted with paul some more about band stuff. we got soooo many questions answered! it was amazing.

we told emma she needs to sing more and we told shim he needs to smile more in pics. o and susanna i did relay the message about flat stanley lol. well i think thats it.

ill tell you guys about the lansing show when i get outta work. got to go or ill be late! i got home at about 6:30 so im running on 3 hours of sleep after driving all night! work will be fun!

talk to you guys later!!!!
Last edited by frodolover36 on 13 Jul 2008 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Katy » 13 Jul 2008 09:22

It sounds like you had a great time!!! Oh, I can't wait for Thursday! Do you know what song Emma played with "The band that shall not be named"?

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 13 Jul 2008 09:48

Well dang it Nikki !!! Ya stole my thunder, lol. There isn't much else to share about the gig yesterday except how I smoozed my way into the Toledo Speedway on Thursday by introducing myself to "Hunter", the speedway owner as being an Ambassador for Sick Puppies and that I was there to promote them and the whole show around town. He then gave me track sponsors that I could run around and place posters at. Friday I then came back to the track and asked if he had other things I could help with to get ready for the Big Day. I ended up helping set up baracades, fences, tents, tables and chairs with the rest of their crew. So I didn't end up needing a ticket, and was able to get the rest of the Ambassadors in as well. Nikki pretty much told the rest of the story. It was pretty awesome getting to chill in the vip tent watching all the bands. James let me help unload the Sick Puppies trailer upon their arrival.... I got to carry Emma's bass guitars, and other stuff over to the stage !!! :tongue:

'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 13 Jul 2008 12:03

Well, I got the video uploaded to my pc and watched it... it's not the best, but I will endevour to do better Tuesday, I promise. I'll have the first attempt on here for ya shortly, lol.

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 13 Jul 2008 12:24

Here ya go y'all, lol....better one coming soon haha.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w226 ... 0031_1.flv

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 13 Jul 2008 12:28

LMAO Brian - everytime I see the BK dude I crack up ! And how awesome for you and Nikki and Nicole and the others to share in all of that fun stuff - sounds like a very awesome time indeed :cool:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 13 Jul 2008 12:33

Donna,

LMFAO !!! That was my mistake !!! I clicked on the wrong link in my photobucket. When I went to look at the video here I was like wtf happened ? hahahaha Too many hours on the road and not enuff sleep, lol. :biggrin: :laugh: :biggrin: :laugh:

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 13 Jul 2008 13:27

im trying to post pics guys but im having a problem rotating some of them. my computer kinda sucks. but ill try again later tonight and hopefully u can see some of the pictures i got! i got some really good ones!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

knorth22

Unread postby knorth22 » 13 Jul 2008 22:13

The song Emma played with "The band that shall not be named" was an Alice In Chains song and when Shim gave us that watermelon i think we all almost died a little bit inside!

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 13 Jul 2008 22:18

its already been said that it was AIC. and yes it was awesome watermelon

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 13 Jul 2008 22:25

im having some computer problems guys and im still exhausted and have a lot of sleep to catch up on so ill do the pics tomorrow. ill get them up asap i promise!

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 15 Jul 2008 03:43

Brian, I am so proud of you for taking that extra step to help out at the venue! You deserve a gold star! :rock: I hope you do make sure to get some sleep, because with everything you've been helping with, you must be tired at the end of the day. But it's great that you have so much energy to keep going on to help the band out! Drive safely and keep sharing your stories! They're fun to read.

Nikki, all I can think is that Shim must have caught the news about watermelon recently. :biggrin: That's awesome that you all had such a great time and that Brian got you all backstage. I'm glad everythings working out so well for our Ambassadors. You are all so enthusiastic about helping it's inspiring. :)

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 15 Jul 2008 05:42

Yes Brian, you deserve a gold star! It's very, very impressive of you to help out like that and I'm sure it's demonstrating to everyone how dedicated and willing you (and all Ambassadors!) are to do whatever it takes to help out SP.

And OOOH Nikki! You have me all pumped for my shows now! I'm getting wayyy excited!!! :rock:

Thanks you guys for sharing your stories.

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 15 Jul 2008 06:22

Thanks to all of ya for the well wishes and kudos. I just want our beloved trio to achieve world domination in the music industry, they truly deserve it. As Ambassadors we are pretty much the bands personal Public Relations and Promotions crew, as its been said, "we are owned by the band and its management" SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!! I would so love to have shirts made up that say "owned or pwned and operated by Sick Puppies" hahaha, or "property of Sick Puppies"

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 15 Jul 2008 17:38

BRIAN!!! YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! Now take that idea and make us a shirt!!! :biggrin: Lol.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 15 Jul 2008 20:16

^^^^ Brian..I am liking that statement for our Ambassador shirts :cool:

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 17 Jul 2008 09:09

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Return to “Concerts”