PHILADELPHIA, PA - 20/03/08

Sick Puppies live! Ticket links and venue information. Tell us about the shows you're going to or the ones you've already seen here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Admin » 12 Mar 2008 03:18

The Fillmore at the TLA (W/ Dropping Daylight & Saving Abel)

Tickets:

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 31 Mar 2008 21:17

This was my first Sick Puppies show and my friend and I had the best time! I really wanted to get there early and wait in line outside the venue so that we could be as close to the stage as possible but we both had to work so there went that idea. So, when we got there Dropping Daylight was peforming and they were really great - enjoyed their show alot. Then we headed on over to the bar to have some drinks - great bartender by the way:) As soon as the lights dimmed we chugged the rest of our drinks and headed out to the main area which was pretty sweet-it was fairly large and no barricade :) They rocked that stage from beginning to end - the energy they put into their performance is amazing. The way Shim gets the crowd going is fab....and it was a really good crowd-you could tell everyone was into the show. I loved every song they performed and even though its not their song I went crazy when they did Say my Name...never did like the original but their remake rocks:)
The bonus of them signing my CD and taking the time for pictures afterward had me smiling for days.....now I just can't wait to see them again!

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

ajs8713

Unread postby ajs8713 » 02 Apr 2008 12:12

This was also my first time going to see sick puppies i heard that they pull on a hell of a live show. I got there right before the opening band was ready to play they were called Jealousy curve. I was to the right of the stage relatively close. The second band to play was dropping daylight i had seen them before live but anyway they were good. Then at about 9:50 sick puppies were ready to hit the stage. Shim started off by getting the crowd to go crazy playing cancer afterwards. In all they played about 11 or 12 songs somewhere in that range. The show was amazing and was one of the best shows that i've been too. After the show i got in line to meet the band. I got my cd signed and i was pretty happy then. Can't wait to see them again hopefully its soon.

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 07 Apr 2008 15:39

I was also at this show. It was my first time seeing SP headline a show, but I saw them earlier that week play an acoustic set. Anyway.. My friend and I drove down from Scranton to go to the show. We got to South Street around 3 I think it was to buy our tickets. We bs-ed around South Street for a little while then went back to our car. We were going to leave and go find something to do for a few hours and we saw Emma walking down the street. So instead we decided to hang out on South Street.

We ran into Shim coming out of Starbucks and he got his picture with me. Then into Emma going over to the theatre to perform for I think it was a high school. We ended up getting in line relatively early and we were like the 3rd people in line. Emma and Shim came out and were talking to us and they remembered meeting us earlier that week. Emma got her pics with us too.

When we finally got to go in we were get right in front of the stage in front of Emma. The show was absolutely amazing from start to finish!! SP put on a great show! My fav live songs were Anywhere, But Here and All the Same. However, the rest were amazing too. I love the way Shim gets the crowd into it. I got one of Shim's guitar picks at the end of the show. I got some great pictures and videos as well. I think it is great that the band takes time to meet with the fans after the shows. It shows how much they appreciate us.

I cant wait until they come to the PA-NJ-NY area so I can go to another show because I am hooked!

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Return to “Concerts”