ST. LOUIS, MO - POINTFEST 23 MAY 2009

Sick Puppies live! Ticket links and venue information. Tell us about the shows you're going to or the ones you've already seen here!
Becky
Founder
Founder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ST. LOUIS, MO - POINTFEST 23 MAY 2009

Unread postby Becky » 22 May 2009 19:26

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby nicolenice » 22 May 2009 19:41

Hopefully you can try to get there earlier and catch a few more acts, Nikki said you should do Free Hugs with us :wink:

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 22 May 2009 19:56

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 22 May 2009 20:34

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 22 May 2009 21:23

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 22 May 2009 21:51

sorry for the double post but i was just looking up the weather for tomorrow and its not great...

"High 85 with isolated thunderstorms.
A mix of clouds and sun with the chance of an isolated thunderstorm in the afternoon. High near 85F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%."

at least it wont be like 95 like it was last year. and the chance of rain is only 30%. right? nothing to worry about... right?

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Jessamy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jessamy » 23 May 2009 07:36

haha dude dont worry about being rude. i had to stiff 2 people selling indivuduals for getting cheaper as doubles...i dont think they mind since they know they're going to get the money either way. EVERYONE HAVE FUN AT POINTFEST TODAY! and don't forget to rock on!!! :music: :rock: :rock:

Sick Puppies + My Chemical Romance = :love:
08-18-08~ 05-23-09~ 07-22-09~ 09-11-09~ 12-13-10~ 04-23-10~ 05-01-10~ 07-15-10~ 08-13-10~08-14-10~12-10-10~12-13-10~04-19-11

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 23 May 2009 08:18

haha thanks. yeah i know, its kind of the ticket game. people get stiffed lol. alright we're getting ready to leave and meet up with our ticket guy! see you guys there! ill try to get on after the show to let you know how it went!

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Mike
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mike » 24 May 2009 13:04

Besides being completely sunburned by the time SP came on, the show was great. The audio issues were annoying. Started with The Used where things got quiet out on the lawn, but they seemed to get it worked out during Cancer. After this weekend, the SP are my new favorite band by far.

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 24 May 2009 13:12

alright! the show was awesome!! we figured out the ticket situation after and hour of stressing lol. and we got in and realized that there werent really any other bands we wanted to see on the side stages. So we just kind of walked around with our Free Hugs signs giving hugs and handing out SP stickers. then we went into the pit when they opened it up and got an awesome spot but had to wait like 2 and a half hours for The Used to come on. its ok though because we met this guy named pinto who says hes a part of the crew but doesnt really participate and i told him he had to lol. so he better come on! and if he reads this... HI PINTO!

The Used came on and they were really good. very loud though lol. Then our beloved SP came on. and rocked it!!! they had a great crowd reaction! the new songs sounded awesome! i got a few pics and a video of You're Going Down. ill post those later. i dont have much time right now. then after their set they did a signing and the line was forever long!! security had to come and stand at an ending point after a while! we got so many emails. We handed out a lot of stickers and told people like crazy about the presale. whatever Jerry asked of us we did! Me, Nicole, Becky, Brian and Jessamy worked our tails off! They left really quickly so we didnt really get a chance to say anything to them but when they did their point interview there and when they did soundcheck i got a smile and a wave from emma when she saw us. it was great!

Chevelle was amazing as well! i was very excited to see them. we didnt stay for Offspring though.

and now since i only have tome to post one pic. ill post the one everyone wants to see....

that was the best pic i could get without it getting too blurry. but yes they put the gnome on the stage! awesome!

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 24 May 2009 13:24

awesome recap Nikki!

Loving the gnome... they are great sports for putting it on stage :laugh:

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 24 May 2009 13:26

That sounds awesome Nikki - glad you all had such a great time ! Amazing to hear that the sign-ups went so well -- it sounds like we will have many , many sheets to do after these past 3 shows :biggrin:

And ... the photo above is certainly priceless - when you texted me yesterday with the news I could not stop laughing :laugh: I'm glad you were able to get such a great shot of the little guy!

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 24 May 2009 13:29

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 24 May 2009 13:35

LOL the Gnome... :laugh: That is so awesome.

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 24 May 2009 15:22

First off I'm unheathly obsessed with the Puppies. This was my fourth show and it was by far the best. Not that the others werent awesome. It was cool to see them on the main stage, but I was in the lawn and wish I could have been closer. I loved their set, they did 5 songs I hadn't seen before....War and Your going down (Obviously) also Deliverance, Anywhere but Here, and Nothing Really Matters. I was so excited. I drove from Kansas City just to see them. After their last song I ran to get in line to meet them. I had bought another copy of DUAL (My 3rd) for them to sign. I can't believe the Line Nazis though. They came up to me and my brother and told us everybody in front of us could meet them, but everybody behind them was SOL....us included....."Venue Managements Decision" Needless to say I got in the other line and got my DUAL signed. That was dumb though. I bet the Puppies would have sat there all night untill the met everybody that wanted to but the Verizon Wireless Line Nazis.

I DO!!!!

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 24 May 2009 19:33

DUDE!!! That gnome picture is freakin' fantastic! :laugh:

Thanks so much for keeping me updated on the whereabouts of our beloved gnome friend...lol.

Susanna
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Susanna » 24 May 2009 20:25

The Gnome... :laugh:

Jessamy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jessamy » 24 May 2009 22:16

so someone is going to have to fill me in on 'the gnome'....

anyways! right in front of shim for pups! it was incredible!! HAHAHA i have the same socks as emma!!!! and they almost killed me! hmm...wonder if they've tried to kill her as well...hmm :noclue:

i'll post pics and videos

haha i got a great pic of shim when some kid through his fedora on stage and shim put it on :laugh:

got autographs on a dollar =D

met nikki nicole and uh..brian?

did sign up sheets =] and met lots of pup fans. it was wonderful!

it was lovely meeting you guys!

<3 jess

Sick Puppies + My Chemical Romance = :love:
08-18-08~ 05-23-09~ 07-22-09~ 09-11-09~ 12-13-10~ 04-23-10~ 05-01-10~ 07-15-10~ 08-13-10~08-14-10~12-10-10~12-13-10~04-19-11

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 24 May 2009 23:10

and it was lovely meeting you as well! it really was a good time! and i also told a lot of people about the crew. so i hope they come and join!

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Emma Fan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Emma Fan » 24 May 2009 23:12

Ok, welllll........I just got home, from my Pointfest weekend.

WOW....what an AWESOME experience!

This was my 22nd Pointfest, and thanks to Sick Puppies, and a handful of other World Crew members, I can honestly say that it was the overall Pointfest experience that I've ever had!

I met quite a few of you(you all know who you are!)
Every single WC member that I met, was SUPER cool!
Draydle was the first one that I met. She and I had a BLAST at the Pointfest Eve show!!!!!
I had a better chance to spend a little bit of time with her, than I did any of the other members, just because of the intimate atmosphere of the smaller venue.

I want to mention a few quick little tidbits, about each show.

*** Pointfest Eve 5-22-09:

This was BY FAR the better SP experience for me!!!!!!!

I met everybody!
Shim, Mark, !EMMA!, Paul, James, Jerry(sp?), Draydle, quite a few WC members, and a TON of new and not-so-new fans!
I have video of the ENTIRE show, from FRONT-CENTER!!!!!!!!!
I recorded the whole show in clips of 2 or 3 songs at a time. Sooo.....I am in the process of editing it.
I will post the vids to the Tube, as I get them done, and I will post links here, for everybody. :wink:

I took a BUNCH of pictures after the show. I took pictures of people with the band, who didn't have cameras (which I have already emailed to everybody.

I took pics of Draydle with Shim, with Emma, and with Mark, because her camera was messing up. (I will email those to you tomorrow, Dray! :wink: )
In turn, she took some of me with the whole band, and each individual member.
She also introduced me to Emma, since I kinda got a lump in my throat, when I finally got the chance to talk to her. :oops: LOL
Emma could not have been any nicer to me! I think once Dray told her that I was a new Ambassador, and I told her what my SPWC name was, she realized that I was slightly star-struck.
That isn't normal for me. LOL
I have met more famous people than I could even list.
I'm not sure what happened. HaHa
BTW....THANK YOU Andraya! You are AWESOME!
I'm realllly glad we got to meet! I'm sure we will meet again soon, and I'm looking forward to it!

I was really looking forward to seeing an acoustic set, but I AM REALLY glad they decided to plug in! :rock:
It made it a very high energy performance.
I've seen them several times, and I think it was the best show that I've seen them play.
Once I start putting the videos up, I think most of you will agree.

*** Pointfest 5-23-09:

I said before that I had mixed feelings about SP being moved to the main stage this year.
I still stand by my opinions on that.
Shim told me how much it meant to the band, to be moved to the main stage. So....FOR Shim, Emma, and Mark, I AM THRILLED TO DEATH that they were put on the main stage!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

For me (and every other fan who was not in the pit), I hated the fact that they weren't on a side stage, like their 3 previous Pointfest appearances.

Someone else here already mentioned the technical problems with the sound, during the Sick Puppies set. I was SOOOO P!55ED!
If you were on the lawn, you could barely even here them! :tantrum:

Two different times, the entire lawn was chanting "TURN IT UP! TURN IT UP!".
I know, at one point, Shim stopped talking for a minute.....it seemed like he heard the chant, and was trying to figure out what we were saying.
The problem started during The Urge set.
It looked to me like the singer might have kicked something on the front of the stage. It made a loud pop, and the volume was cut down to less than half.
Once they realized that there was a problem, James came running out onto the stage in between songs.
He checked 2 or 3 connections, then !PRESTO!, all of the sound came back!
By this point, they only had like 3 songs left.
When Shim said they had 2 songs left, I started heading for the merch booth, to help at the signing.

The amount of people who came to the signing was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
For that many people to stand in a line that long, in that kind of heat, for a chance to get a quick autograph from each band member, was REALLY cool to see!
You could tell by the looks on Shim, Emma, & Mark's faces.....they were totally blown away by the amount of people, waiting to meet them!

I am going to address the comments made by Dmanley......
I was a witness to exactly what happened with the line.
Here's what really happened.
It was NOT the Verizon Wireless (Live Nation) people who made the decision to end the line.
They were asked to put an end to it.
Shim said he wanted to meet & sign for everybody that he possibly could.
The band was signing as fast as humanly possible.
They even made the decision early, to not take individual pictures with people, so the line would move along a little faster.
The problem was.....
as time passed by the line was not getting any smaller.
People that were casually walking by, would ask what the line was for, and then join.
If they wouldn't have put a stop to it, the band would have been there til midnight.
I know it sucked for the people who were turned away....BUT.....if those people would have came down there when Shim said, they would have been in the original line, and gotten their autographs like everybody else.
Dmanley, I am really glad you were able to get your cd signed. And I am sorry that you had the issue with the line.
I just wanted to explain what I saw, and why the decision was made.

I did what I could to help the line flow. So did every other Ambassador that was there. We were all handing out the new stickers(which are KILLER btw), and we were all getting sheets signed.

To all of the people from here, that I met - I LOVED having the chance to meet each and every one of you!
I really hope I get the chance to meet all of you again!

I could not be any happier with my entire Pointfest weekend! (Except for the sound issue)

I KNOW that every single person with Sick Puppies, left St. Louis with a very satisfied smile on their faces!
THAT is what I wanted for them. (and to meet Emma of course. :biggrin: LOL)

Pointfest was a HUGE success for the band!
And I also KNOW that they gained a TON of new fans!!!!!!!!!!
(I heard that they SOLD OUT of the pre-order lithographs!!!!!)
That would be 3000!!!!!!!!!
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I don't know what the total number of completed signup sheets was, but I know I completed six of them, between the two shows.
And I probably handed out at least 4 hundred stickers on Saturday.
I only had 25 of the older DUAL stickers on Friday. And I gave all but 3 of those away....which I opted to keep for myself.

Well, I have rambled enough. So, I'll shut up now.

I am already looking forward to the next show close enough to me!!!
:rock:
Last edited by Emma Fan on 25 May 2009 07:11, edited 1 time in total.

"It was hard to take the stage after Sick Puppies because not only is Emma better than me at the bass, she's much prettier than I am too.." -Tim McCord (Evanescence)

“Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul”
~Plato

Return to “Concerts”