20 December 2008 - San Bernardino, CA

Sick Puppies live! Ticket links and venue information. Tell us about the shows you're going to or the ones you've already seen here!
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 20 December 2008 - San Bernardino, CA

Unread postby Serge » 19 Dec 2008 16:27

A little more info:

-Box Office will open 12 pm
-Doors are scheduled to open at 6:30p, so I'm guessing showtime will be at 7ish.
-First 1,000 people in line will get free haircare products from Rockaholics (this girl from X1039 described the products to me, and they sound cool!)
-There's no ATM machine at all in the arena. (so bring monies!)

The following items aren't allowed into the Arena: (they're too strict, unfortunately)
Alcohol, audio/video recording devices, backpacks/large bags, bottles, cans, cameras (of ANY kind; very lame!), chains, cosmetics, drugs, drug paraphernalia (no puffin' the magic dragon yo!), fireworks (this made me lol), glass, large containers, lighters, markers, outside food or drinks, spiked belts.

They will be searching at the door. Seems they're gonna go HOB on us! :(

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Serge » 19 Dec 2008 19:11

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 19 Dec 2008 21:12

I hope we all can still grab a bite to eat after the show though, Sarah no one is taking SPWC flyers so you can if you want, my printer doesn't work soooo.... ALSO my sisters really wanted a picture with the band and so the whole no camera thing is pretty lame, ah well camera phone it is (I actually think I'll sneak one in!). I'm a bit worried about taking the clipboards in and the gifts I'll be taking but if all goes well I can give it all to them before the show =]

decadence21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby decadence21 » 19 Dec 2008 23:31

I'm pretty sure I'll get my camera in, so if nothing else, you can use mine.
I only plan on staying up front until after SP's set, then go back to the merch table for a bit.
I don't know if I'll have time to get the flyers printed now.
I'd have to go to Office Depot or something. My puter is sick right now. :cry:

As far as clipboards and gifts go, I've already spoken to Jerry.
He said he should be able to help out. He's gonna let me know when they get there.

Gigi, Melissa... what time you gals plan on getting there?
I'm looking at around 11am if I go straight there.
(I either need to make a stop before, or once we're in line, have to make a quick run.
Will get lunch if that's the case. :wink: ]

aka Sarah

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 20 Dec 2008 08:51

I only plan on staying up front until after their set too =P

I'm so stoked that I woke up this early even though I went to sleep at 2am, haha.

....I should be arriving there at 12pm-ish.

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 21 Dec 2008 12:23

No reviews, yet?! :angrytongue:

:wink:

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 21 Dec 2008 13:33

It was sooooooooooo much fun,I shall post details and such later =]

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 21 Dec 2008 14:24

Yeah it was one of the best days/nights of the year for me!, the after-party was great as well since Mark and Shim ended up showing up :)

Set (not in exact order:)

Cancer
Anywhere But Here
My World
All The Same
What Are You Looking For?
Howard's Tale
Say My Name
Pitiful
Nothing Really Matters

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 22 Dec 2008 06:34

Details, details ! :tongue:

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 22 Dec 2008 11:16

the radio station has some kickass pictures...
http://www.x1039.com/gallery/album23?page=2
the Sp ones start there.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 22 Dec 2008 11:48

Well, I'll let my best friend Gigi post details for the show part of it, I'll do the after ones for now =P

So after the show Sarah and I decided to go to the after-party, I actually came to the show with my friend Jason, but I lost him after SP and didn't get in touch with him until after, he was feeling sick so he went home and Sarah was going to give me a ride home (many thanks for that, by the way!). The after-party didn't look as exciting as I imagined, however, everyone looked pretty friendly there so that was cool. After a little while Mark ended up showing up, shortly followed by Shim. So that was really great of them to come to the place. We talked to both off and on the whole night and had some rad conversations about everything, they left a little before the place left but not before saying goodbye. Shim was totally drunk but it made him funnier than ever. My only regret is not getting drunk enough early on, which is surprising since I did drink a LOT throughout the whole day and only ate in the morning and when I got home at 3am-ish, lol o.O

.....definitely one of the best days/nights ever, and it also felt like of the shortest days ever because it was so great. I love you guys and gals ^_^

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 22 Dec 2008 13:01

Sounds like you guys had a really amazing time!! That's awesome that Mark and Shim came to the after party :biggrin:

Hopefully this winter will go by quickly and SP will be on tour again before we know it :cool:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

decadence21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby decadence21 » 22 Dec 2008 13:44

The show ROCKED!!! The band seemed in high spirits. I don't think I've ever seen Emma smile so much during a show. The crowd was pretty good from what I can tell, kinda crazy too. Some distractions during the Pups set, like security having to pull this guy in a wheelchair out of the crowd, and over the barrier. And those darn crowd surfers, but none landed on me (I ducked) so it's cool. My sister's and friends and their kids really loved Sick Puppies set, even thought they got a bit crushed.
We had the BEST visit with the band afterward. They stayed and chatted with us for quite a while. It was cool that Shim and Mark hung out at the afterparty too. This was a GREAT way to end the year. Bittersweet kinda though.

I'll add more along with pics when I get a chance. I don't have my computer running right now, so as soon as I'm able to upload some, I will. I'll see if I can use my roommates computer.

Serge, Gigi, Melissa, Shari... YOU ALL ROCK!!! It's been great going to shows with you. Can wait for the next tour!!!

:rock:

aka Sarah

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 22 Dec 2008 13:58

Yeah, SP completely stole the show. However, Hoobastank was AMAZING live, they put on a great show and they seriously won me over as a big fan again =]

.....the first 2 (Drive A & Ludo) gave me somewhat of a headache and killed my buzzed, and Atreyu's sound was bad like it usually is (you could barely hear the main vocals at times, the lead guitar was very low, the bass was TOO high, it was terrible!)

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 22 Dec 2008 15:16

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 22 Dec 2008 15:39

I did! :)

....oh yeah, I forgot to mention a cool little thing. I was promoting this show on my school's forum (where the show took place), and the people who have posted so far all said SP was the best of the night, none of them had even heard of or went for them. And my friend Valeria is a huge Atreyu fan and just went for them, but she told me that SP was definitely the best of the night and they played/sounded like they were headliner. Awesome, right? ^_^

SP ftw! =P

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 22 Dec 2008 16:13

Just a short little Review/Experience thing =]Sick Puppies
With Drive A, Ludo, Hoobastank & Atreyu – Very Merry X-Mas Party

We arrived at around 10 am and then shortly after that Missy, Steve, & Shari then Serge and his friend. But before Missy, Shari, & Steve arrived the Pups arrived and I went down and took some gifts I had gotten for the band, one of the gifts included a “baggy beanie” Shim had said he couldn’t find. Shim came out and said “hey girl!” and gave me a hug then he continued to say “come on wrap your arms around me!” Emma wasn’t really around much as she was getting her stuff out of the car and Mark talked a bit to me as well, he mentioned how he liked my new hoodie (my SP one of course) After a while I headed back to the line. Then when Missy & her boyfriend & Shari arrived we went back down and gave their gifts to Jerri. While in line we played Cranium and then we saw Mark, Emma, & Shim coming over to where we were. They came to thank us for coming early and for the gifts. They talked to us for a while and took some pictures and then headed off to check into their hotel.
Pictures of when they came up to chat with us before the show =]

Blake,Mark,Emma,Shim,Maribel,Lissa & Moses

And Us just a few moments before the show
Then we waited for a very long time, Jerri took our cameras in since we were going to be searched and they weren’t gonna allow us in with cameras then during the show we were allowed to take pictures during 3 songs (just for you guys!) Shim also pointed us out during their set =]

(Damn the security guard for being on every picture! =P)

The crowd itself was horrible and I think it had to do with the fact that Atreyu was playing, I do believe Sick Puppies was the best band that night though and it would’ve been much better if they were headlining. Anyway we got people to sign up for the newsletter and I got more merch. =]
The Pups came out twice and we all stayed after the show and talked to the band mostly Shim, he seemed sooo happy and talkative, He talked about vegemite and asked about the “mysterious” Whoppers, he also wanted us to start bringing them “All Things Australia” instead of Whoppers since they have a sh*t load of them already, so to let you all know that starts Next Year! Ok so I think that’s it for now, and yes, Meredith he mentioned you and your cards =]

Not to mention we were the first in line and then once we got inside people were bitching about how we cut, They took forever to search us so once we got to the doors of the stagewe got back to where were originally were like wtf we got here first we deserve good spots!Once we told Shim he said we shouldv'e punched them and said "THIS IS OUR BAND!" :laugh: and then he said he preferred eye gauging, he also told us about how it was like that for him at a Silverchair concert. :shame:

anyway back on topic here are after the show pictures...

and one shot my sister took of Shim talking to us after the show =]

(I also got caught by one of the Ludo guys not clapping during their set :oops: )

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 22 Dec 2008 16:46

It's great to hear such great reviews, Serge! Thanks for sharing. :)

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 22 Dec 2008 16:52

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 22 Dec 2008 17:41

Great Reviews you 3, makes me a bit sad I was not able to fly out, but its ok. Glad you had fun. Great pics. :biggrin:

:surprised: I give you the Ludo Eyes how dare you not clap
:laugh:

Return to “Concerts”