RIDGECREST, CA - 10 OCTOBER 2008

Sick Puppies live! Ticket links and venue information. Tell us about the shows you're going to or the ones you've already seen here!
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: RIDGECREST, CA - 10 OCTOBER 2008

Unread postby Serge » 11 Oct 2008 16:18

My highlight was definitely Paul asking me for a hug, haha :)

It was a pretty wicked show but such a small/empty town, it was also windy/freezing cold o.O

The set was the following though:

Cancer
Deliverance
Anywhere But Here
My World
All The Same
Too Many Words
Howard's Tale
What Are You Looking For
Something Different
Say My Name
Pitiful
Nothing Really Matters

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby nicolenice » 14 Oct 2008 08:30

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 14 Oct 2008 18:09

No pictures from this show ?? Where is everyone ?? :tongue:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 14 Oct 2008 18:23

Pictures of lovely Emma please. :tongue:

Matthew
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Matthew » 14 Oct 2008 18:49

decadence21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby decadence21 » 15 Oct 2008 13:37

Sorry guyz and gals!
It was a very busy weekend.
I've been having some computer problems at home,
but will get pix and video up ASAP!

It was a LOOOOOONG drive, into the freezing cold windy desert hills. The concert ended up being inside, which was a VERY good idea. We arrived to FREE HUGS signs! Very enthusiastic girls jumping up and down with the signs, probably trying to stay warm. Besides the Sheriffs with guns, the place was pretty laid back. :tongue:
I brought SPWC flyers, and left some at the merch desk. There was a crowd of ALL ages. Toddlers, kids, teens, drunk parents and grandparents dancing around! Quite amusing actually.
The first band, Fallbrooke, wasn't bad. Listenable. Some cool riffs here and there. The second band was local. They did a lot of cover songs (I enjoyed a couple) and a couple originals. The older folks in the crowd really enjoyed them. Shim and Emma came out a couple times to check out the opening bands. Mark came out later, after they had some sort of meet n greet for VIP ticket holders.
[side note: They played Nickelback over and over and over, while waiting and inbetween bands. It gave me a headache. I was soooo happy when SPs preshow music came on!]

AND THE MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING!!!
It was fun to watch Paul tuning the instruments. He seemed to have a problem with Emma's bass though, and ran it back to her. So we were in the first 2 rows, with a pit area in front of us. We asked if we were going to be able to go to the rail. They said the security would be strict for the first few songs, then we would possibly be able to go up. Well, I believe it was after the first song, some drunk guy went up in front and was dancing. He would not comply with security. Shim got a kick out of that and dedicated a song to him (Deliverance I believe). After that song, he told everyone to move up, so WE GOT THE RAIL!!! He apologized to security while laughing. :laugh:
This was a pretty high energy show. Shim had a lot of fun with the crowd. He climbed up the light scafold. He did the "which side cheers louder" thing. My voice was quite raspy after the show. Shim reached down to grab this little girls hand that was standing next to me. It was soo cute. She gasped and then looked at me beaming! One downside was that Emma's mic seemed a bit distorted during Deliverance. It got a little bit better during ABH. We had hoped for a little bit longer setlist or an encore, but :noclue:
Serge, Gigi and I got a setlist! Emma, Shim and Mark stayed after the show to meet with everyone of course. They stayed until they met the last people in line. Paul chatted a bit and gave me a hug. I got my EP, My World single and a poster signed.

Overall, this was a great show! I had a lot of fun with Serge, Gigi, Melissa and Shari! I thought it was a pretty good turn out for such a tiny little town. I think this is the first show I've been to where Shim climbs on stuff. It was pretty cool. I remember looking at the stage set up and thinking "how cool it would be if Shim turned into a monkey tonight." No kidding!

The drive home was LOOOOOONG! But we made it!
We didn't get abducted or attacked by the eyes in the hills!!!
:surprised:

~~~Cali Crew, feel free to fill in and add your story too!!!~~~

aka Sarah

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 15 Oct 2008 16:27

Sorry everyone, I really haven't had time I didn't forget though...friday was Sick Puppies and then Monday was The Tonight Show...I didn't come back until Saturday after the Sick Puppies concert and then I had stuff to do, then I hung out with Blake on Sunday and then woke up super early on Monday and went to the Leno show then yesterday was my rest day, so now today I have time before I go onto homework =]

I would NEVER forget about you guys!

well here are some of the best pictures (Full size ones will be uploaded to our album)
ok here is a before, mind you it was SUPER windy the concert even had to be moved in doors.

and after...

Prep Time!
New Member? :tongue:

hahah....

ok here are some during the show....

She's Smiling, it's adorable! :smile:

Shim smiled as well! :biggrin:

he was climbing the stage poles!

he also threw himself onto Mark's drums at the end =P

they had soooo much energy that night, and helped with the security being tight and not letting us form a pit! one's shim gave us the OK there was nothing they could do =P

I also gave Shim my painting...

he then asked me if I wanted a picture and took me aside so I could get one =]

Also before the show I gave them little whopper boxes of each flavor through Paul, Emma told me after the show "Hey you're the one who gave us us the whoppers!thanks!" and then wrote "thanks for the presents" on my set list and then wrote "To:Gigi, You Rock!" on my drumstick! I also got 2 more Shim guitar picks =] and some other stuff, the night was amazing,really =]

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 15 Oct 2008 16:56

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 15 Oct 2008 18:14

Gigi, you got some great pictures! Especially of Emma.

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 15 Oct 2008 18:22

A video is coming up I am just uploading it =]

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 15 Oct 2008 18:24

Gigi! Those Emma pictures.. are freaking gorgeous... especially the one of her smiling! Awwh....she's such a cutie. :smile:

Thanks for sharing!

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 15 Oct 2008 18:42

That's all I got but if I do say so myself, it's a pretty damn good video!

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 15 Oct 2008 19:50

Gigi great pics!!

You all sound like you had a fantastic time! :smile:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 15 Oct 2008 20:43

It looks like you all had a great time. The pictures came out really good. :biggrin:

My avatar is always watching.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 15 Oct 2008 21:13

Those pictures are awesome Gigi :biggrin: Shim climbing up the scaffold is priceless :cool: Glad to hear you guys had such an awesome time!!

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

decadence21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby decadence21 » 15 Oct 2008 22:23

My pics are currently uploading. Is there a such thing as too many?!?!
I certainly hope not!
:wink:

aka Sarah

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 16 Oct 2008 04:16

Awesome pics Gigi, but I can't see the video! It sounds like everyone had an awesome time!

Thanks Sarah for telling us your review of the night! It was fun to read about. :biggrin:

ToniB
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ToniB » 16 Oct 2008 04:33

Great pics, great stories! Sounds like it was a blast! Gigi - it sounds like you had a really crazy (but super fun) few days! I enjoyed your ev review, too. Thanks for posting everything you guys!

Hey, it's gonna be okay. Hey, we're gonna laugh at this one day.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 16 Oct 2008 04:57

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 16 Oct 2008 10:15

I could feel the energy of that show just by watching the video :cool:

Return to “Concerts”