GRAND RAPIDS, MI - 30 OCTOBER 2008

Sick Puppies live! Ticket links and venue information. Tell us about the shows you're going to or the ones you've already seen here!
frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: GRAND RAPIDS, MI - 30 OCTOBER 2008

Unread postby frodolover36 » 28 Oct 2008 21:15

i hate clowns!!! aw man. i leave for nicoles tomorrow! then its off to good ol' michigan!!! i cant wait!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

dressedupaslife
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dressedupaslife » 28 Oct 2008 22:46

..............Post party photo LMAO

decided on my favorite clown to be for the party lol.....Pennywise....from Stephen King's "IT"

I'm sending out a signal to the possibility of you...
'Cause right at this moment, I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 28 Oct 2008 23:32

Lori
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lori » 29 Oct 2008 05:23

Well, I'm officially leaving on my road trip for this concert in approximately 10 hours from now. And just my luck, it has started to snow..lol! But I am so pumped for this event, nothing will stop me! So to whoever is going, see you all there. Can't wait!!! :smile: :rock:

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 29 Oct 2008 10:59

Brian - the afterparty pictures are too funny ! And ...ummmmm...I have to go with Kemmy in saying that Pennywise is definitely creepy :surprised: Can't wait to see all the pictures of you guys dressed up!

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 29 Oct 2008 12:36

Leaving my house right nowww.

See you all there! :biggrin:

Chaps
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Chaps » 29 Oct 2008 14:41

To all that is driving to this concert... PLEASE drive safe and watch your speed cause i know the officers in blue or going to be out in full force for the next couple of days. Cant wait to see and meet everyone there!

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 30 Oct 2008 05:40

its today!!!! i cant wait to see everyone!!! we're going to hit up a store this morning to get some last minute things like batteries and such. and also to comtinue the great shoe search lol. im hoping to find somehting there so i dont have to settle on flip flops

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 30 Oct 2008 19:05

IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 30 Oct 2008 19:38

Sure, leave us hanging.... :laugh:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Becky
Founder
Founder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Becky » 30 Oct 2008 19:46

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 30 Oct 2008 19:47

Wow Crystal.

Thank you for all of the details :wink: :laugh:
Just kidding :hug:

My avatar is always watching.

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 30 Oct 2008 21:25

LOL! Sorry guys. My laptop was repaired SUPER quickly (sent it out on Monday, got it back yesterday right before we left!!!) I popped on my laptop right after the show quick before I had to head back out again for dinner. Now that we're done for the night, I have some time to spare to fill you in on the MOST AMAZING SHOW I'VE EVER SEEN! Luckily, it should be detailed as the memories are still so fresh! Those of you that were at Chicago... Chicago rocked but this show just left me breathless!

Let's start with the "meh" stuff:

The freak shows were ok. We only saw three acts, one of a girl that was pretty darn good with a whip, one of guy that enjoys pain and had girls from the audience stand on him on a board of nails (yea, not so much) and the last was a fire-breathing act. The girl was amazing but after seeing her do the same thing for, like, 20 minutes, we were ready to see the Pups!!! Which brings us to our main event...

The show KICKED ASS! It started with a single spotlight that Mark so graciously walked into with a Batman T-shirt and a half-face Batman mask. Then it went dark and Shim came out as the most STRIKINGLY similar joker costume on I've ever seen. Seriously, he could have been the joker. The show itself was amazing... Pretty long set too. The set list is pretty foggy in our head's but here's me and Stephanie's compilation (in no particular order):

Nothing Really Matters
Something Different
My World
Pitiful
Cancer
Deliverance
All The Same
Too Many Words
Howard's Tale
Anywhere But Here
Asshole Father

So after the last song, a battle ensued between Batman and Joker. It was HILARIOUS! All the while Emma played background ON THE DRUMS!!! :biggrin: In the ends, Joker prevailed and James dragged Batman's body offstage. :laugh:

They played AMAZINGLY tonight... There was so much energy from Shim, Emma, and Mark and they seemed so happy to be there and they totally rocked it tonight. Unfortunately, the venue was INCREDIBLY strict about cameras. I tried to get a picture of Shim on my phone just to be able to show his wonderful joker getup but it wouldn't turn out. All in all... AMAZING!!!

Matthew
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Matthew » 30 Oct 2008 21:27

BEST SICK PUPPIES SHOW EVER!!!!!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 30 Oct 2008 21:35

Oh man. That's awesome!! Sucks about the cameras, though. I'd love to see what they all looked like!

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 30 Oct 2008 21:36

Crystal, that sounds amazing!!!!! I am so glad you guys had such an awesome time .... Shim as the Joker and Mark as Batman -- love it :cool:
The camera policy is crappy ... would have loved to have seen the costumes !

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 30 Oct 2008 21:38

Crystal, that sounds amazing! Sucks about the cameras but there's not much you can do when they're really strict.

Thanks for the recap! :hug:

Regan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Regan » 30 Oct 2008 21:54

Thanks Crystal! Sounds like it was absofrickenlutely amazing. Poor Mark, getting killed by Shim.

If I were a vegetable, I'd be a radish, because I'm only kind of rad.

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 30 Oct 2008 22:36

OMG!! Definitely the BEST Sick Puppies show I've ever seen!! Seeing Mark and Shim dressed like Batman and the Joker was great!! Pictures would have been fantastic, but like Crystal said the camera policy was crappy.

All I have to say is:

"Why sooo serious???" :crazy:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 31 Oct 2008 02:14

:surprised: Emma on drums!!! I wish I could have seen that.

The epic battle between Mark and Shim sounded awesome. Boo to no cameras.

Thank you for the update!!

Return to “Concerts”