SPWC Fan of the Week #53

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

SPWC Fan of the Week #53

Unread postby chandra » 06 Nov 2013 11:35

Introducing Leah Schwab, our Fan of the Week!

Introducing Leah Schwab, our Fan of the Week!

When did you first hear about the band?
"The first time I ever heard of Sick Puppies was around Christmas time 2006. My family loved the Free Hugs video and researched the awesome band playing in the background. So when Dressed Up As Life came out we bought it right away."

What is your favorite song?
"Picking my favorite song is really hard because they all have so much meaning to me. But, the lyrics, "shoulda, coulda, means ya never know," are words to live by. I have to say my favorite song (right now) is "No Going Back." I am considering my 1st tattoo be those lyrics."

Are you a member of the SPWC forum? If so, why did you decide to join and what is your username?
"I have been a SPWC member since Nov. 2009. I am very close to having enough points to become an Ambassador. I am hoping, the next time I see them I will an Ambassador & will be at least 75 lbs. lighter. The reason I joined SPWC was to get more of Sick Puppies. My username on the forum is yrekagrow. It's where I live & what I do."

Where are you from?
"I am from Yreka, California. THE REAL EFFIN' NorCal. Here in the tip of the triangle is where all sorts of magic happens."

What's your biggest phobia?
"As lame as it sounds, seeing red & blue lights in my rear-view mirror has to be my BIGGEST phobia. Just typing it makes me nervous. My lifestyle poses the question, "what's worse cops or robbers?" You are welcome to use that in a song, Shim. Lol."

Why do you love Sick Puppies?
"All of the Sick Puppies songs are the soundtrack to the last 6 years' of my life. The band has been very important to me because I LOVE music. I am a musician, I was trained to play classical piano & I am a singer. So I appreciate music as art. With Sick Puppies, there is such a connection with them; with their love of the art they share with us. It's genuine and most of all sincere. I have been going to rock concerts since the 70's. Recently, I've seen bands like Muse, Foo Fighters, Rebelution, Linkin Park, Fun., Foster the People, (SERIOUSLY-just to name a few), but NONE of them are as fan-oriented as our beloved Sick Puppies."

Fun Facts:
"We traveled to Eugene, Oregon last month to see them for the 4th time. During the concert, I was standing front & center of the stage. I rocked out like a frickin' teenager. I know, it didn't go unnoticed. The second they finished playing, "You're Goin' Down," my sweet Emma handed me HER set-list. THIS IS THE HOLY-GRAIL OF CONCERT SOUVENIRS. It's one of my most PRIZED possessions. It's framed and sits prominently on my coffee table."

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

TeresaW
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: SPWC Fan of the Week #53

Unread postby TeresaW » 06 Nov 2013 11:54

I was at the Eugene show, as well. The NW fans need to be out recruiting so we can get the band headed in our direction more often... Awesome score on the set list. Grats on fan of the week :)

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 06 Nov 2013 12:29

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 06 Nov 2013 12:33

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

yrekagrow
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby yrekagrow » 06 Nov 2013 14:10

Thank you so much for the recognition. I am so hopeful SP come back to NW. Maybe they can make a couple stops along 101. That way they could enjoy our beautiful coast. I know Shim (especially) loves the ocean.

...where did the time go? HELL IF I KNOW!

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 06 Nov 2013 17:28

I was also at the Eugene show. That was an awesome night. It's cool you got Emma's set list.

Good luck on becoming an Ambassador, we have a lot of fun on this side. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions about what we do or how to become one of our team.

:smile:

I DO!!!!

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 06 Nov 2013 22:27

Cool interview! Good luck becoming an Ambassador!!!

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Return to “Sick Puppies”