What is that SP song that helps u through everything?

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
MarkJ1994
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What is that SP song that helps u through everything?

Unread postby MarkJ1994 » 04 Nov 2013 11:56

When everyone and everything has gone against you, what is that SP song that helps you through that time? Mine is "ODD ONE" or "THERE'S NO GOING BACK". What is yours?

Markj1994

Shows been to:
October 1, 2013~ Orlando, FL House of Blues
April 26, 2014- Fort Myers, FL.
April 27, 2014- Jacksonville, FL
August 3, 2014- Louisville, Kentucky

justsickpups
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What is that SP song that helps u through everything?

Unread postby justsickpups » 04 Nov 2013 21:47

I'd say All the Same or White Balloons

Salvera
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Salvera » 05 Nov 2013 03:30

You're going down

crystal08

Unread postby crystal08 » 05 Nov 2013 06:29

So many songs hard to pick just one. Right now i'm listening to That Time of Year.

jarnold427
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jarnold427 » 05 Nov 2013 15:10

Maybe and White Balloons, without a doubt!!

Courage comes from letting go and loving everything you fear away

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rapscallion » 05 Nov 2013 15:45

Seems odd, but Too Many Words.

When a sky full of tears falls to the earth, I've got to believe we're healing now

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 05 Nov 2013 17:01

Healing Now

#2017ForDavid :sp:

ColorfulDetonation
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ColorfulDetonation » 05 Nov 2013 20:13

What Are You Looking For?

~Michaela Lee~

TeresaW
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TeresaW » 05 Nov 2013 23:13

War

Ceallach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Ceallach » 06 Nov 2013 09:48

There's no single one - it depends on the situation.

Currently, Healing Now is the song that I wake up & go to sleep to, every day. Their timing was perfect with this song - it says what I couldn't find the words to say, combined with just the right music....

Others that top the list:
White Balloons (there's a very special story connected to this song)
That Time of Year (caught me as soon as I heard it on NCIS)
Odd One (I AM the odd one, always have been)
Riptide (never feel that you have to justify your life to another)
Where Did the Time Go
There's No Going Back (Shim's term 'unrequited memories' is perfect)

You're Going Down = the ringtone assigned to one specific person, who worked hard to make my life miserable, despite the fact that I was already going through a family crisis...someday, this person will go down - when they have to explain their actions & words to a higher power. Karma can be a b----.

MUSIC SPEAKS WHEN WORDS FAIL

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 06 Nov 2013 09:54

DUAL. All of it. Turn it up really loud. Sing every word.

I DO!!!!

spakz1993
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby spakz1993 » 07 Nov 2013 05:04

Depends on what I'm going through. But... "All The Same", "Poison", & "There's No Going Back" helped me through the end of this summer.

There was an old flame of sorts who came back into my life. I used to be head over heels over this person all throughout school, but it was never reciprocated. So we ended up just staying friends & were like family. They switched schools before our senior year. We lose touch and three, four years later, out of the blue, they add me on Facebook. We start talking. They got married and I am in a long term relationship myself. Well...after talking about the past, this person up and admits to me that they were into me. Threw me for a whirlwind but this person was scared of one, ruining our relationship/friendship. And two, they were just plain scared (social status, etc). This really put my current relationship to the test as I found myself slowly falling for my old flame again over the summer of 2013. They had confessed to treating me like dirt and how they kept this from me and I basically found out that my high school years could have been completely different since we both were secretly into each other...

Poison helps me put to words what I've been feeling---something dangerous and toxic can be disguised as something so sweet and so right when you know in your gut that it's wrong. Literally and figuratively.

All The Same is a song that we had talked about 2 years ago & she had mentioned the name of "Sick Puppies" but I didn't know that was a literal band name. Ironically, after our falling out, I had discovered the band. It was so fitting. This person, all throughout junior high & high school, they would bring me in so close and then push me away and would compulsively lie and cause problems for me. This person was a toxic friend but I loved them so much and I really didn't have anyone else. After high school, they'd ignore me for months but then find me again on Facebook or something. We'd rekindle and then right when things were going okay, they'd disappear again. I can never really get over caring for this person or get over the memories because just as I about forget, they pop back in...

There's No Going Back basically is a song that has told me that you can't hold yourself back in the past of past actions and that you must move on.

Lame and generic, maybe. But SP has been more than therapy to me <3

Song of a Phoenix
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Song of a Phoenix » 12 Nov 2013 18:30

I feel like just about every song has it's time and place, but there are a couple in particular I feel attached to.

"Maybe" and "Run" are great for when I'm really feeling in a rut and feel like I can't trust myself to get anywhere in life. Nothing will change if I'm too afraid to try, so get out there and get moving!

"Riptide" reminds me of some encounters I've had with people who claimed to be my friends, but would criticize and insult almost everything that I really enjoyed and did because they weren't happy with their own lives. As long as I'm happy and I'm not hurting anyone, I can live my life however I want to.

"Connect" inspires me to try to be a little more outgoing since I can be shy or worried about being annoying and will often be "standing right beside" somebody, "screaming in my head" and not knowing how to reach out to them. The tune is so catchy and happy and inspiring that it really makes me wanna just run around hugging everyone.

Then sometimes one just needs a really loud, energetic "You're Going Down" to rock out to. :rock:

"Taking that choice, taking that leap of faith and what you wanna do with your life. And everyone's tellin' ya coulda, woulda, shoulda, what they would've done back in that day, and what you should've done blahblahblahblah, c'mon man. From us to you, do whatever the hell you wanna do with your entire life and just make sure it works for you." -Shim Moore before performing Maybe.

RaghavDagaSP
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RaghavDagaSP » 12 Nov 2013 18:40

Cancer, odd one, white balloons!! :cool:

A walking cancer dressed up as a life

WonSickPuppy
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby WonSickPuppy » 25 Nov 2013 17:59

I've got Pretender tattooed on both my inner biceps and All the Same across my chest. There isn't enough room on me for all their songs, so I got a SP emblem on my arm for all to see...Sick Puppies in general help get me through!

Skinwalker
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Skinwalker » 25 Nov 2013 18:05

My World by far. Odd One is second.

It reminds me that I'm not alone. It reminds me that there are other people who have been abandoned by people who swore they'd never leave. It has gotten me through a lot. Odd One helps me when I want to give up. I am sick of being told negative things and stuff like that. Odd One shows me that even though I'm odd I'm still me which means more than anything else.

Lose your pride, lose your patience, lose your mind. But whatever the case may be, NEVER LOSE HOPE!
SMILE!!! Let everyone know you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday
Sometimes what holds you together & what tears you apart are the SAME things!

Shows so far (Just starting): 5/4/2013

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 17 May 2014 06:25

#1 is definitely Odd One I cry every time I hear it (even in concert) Please don't judge! I'm an emotional person

I would also haveto say White Balloons.

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tbritting » 17 May 2014 09:12

So many to choose from. I'll go with Maybe, What Are You Looking For, Odd One, My World, Riptide and Under A Very Black Sky

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 17 May 2014 21:12

Aside from every single one..... :)

If I'm mad at myself or people keep putting me down: Odd One
It's my tattoo, the sign that's been above my door in every room at college, and the song that's helped me through so much.

If I'm super ticked off at someone: What Are You Thinking?
So. Unbelievably. Accurate.

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

NinaL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby NinaL » 02 Jun 2014 03:19

I think their music in general helps me when I`m feeling down, angry or that the world is against me. But there are some songs that I listen to more than others at times.

Maybe has always been important to me. I heard You`re going down before i deard Maybe, but it was Maybe that made me start listening t their music. I relate to a lot of the lyrics and it`s definitely on the soundtrack of my life.

Odd one. Has always been one of my favorite songs. I have always felt like I don`t fit in and I was bullied when I was younger.

White balloons. I can listen to the unplugged version for hours.

You`re going down.

Run. I think it`s the new Maybe for me. Just like Maybe, it motivates me and inspires me.

Healing now.

"Cause what`s inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view"

Do you have a Sick Puppies tattoo? Want to be a part of my project?

Return to “Sick Puppies”