What was your first SP concert like and where was it?

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
RenzoN
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What was your first SP concert like and where was it?

Unread postby RenzoN » 29 Oct 2013 13:39

April 9 2011 in Amsterdam. The day after that i joined the World Crew and after i was a member long enough i became Ambassador and i love it. Last September i went to the US and met alot of awesome people from this forum!
Last edited by RenzoN on 26 Nov 2013 05:49, edited 1 time in total.

04/09/11 Amsterdam - 06/17/11 Haarlem - 06/21/11 Dortmund - 06/22/11 Eindhoven - 09/07/13 Eugene - 09/09/13 San Francisco - 09/11/13 West Hollywood - 09/12/13 Anaheim - 09/13/13 Las Vegas - 04/18/14 Amsterdam - 04/19/14 Paris - 04/21/14 Birmingham - 04/22/14 Manchester - 04/24/14 London

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 29 Oct 2013 15:01

I can't remember the date at the moment, but it was March 2008 in my home town. It was a "secret show" put on by the (used to be) rock station. I saw them again 4 days later and the rest is history. I've been hooked every since.

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

CoasterJake
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby CoasterJake » 29 Oct 2013 22:14

My first ever show was in December 2010 in Orlando, FL at some theatre. It was my freshmen year of college and a lady friend begged me to drive her to this concert because she didn't have a car. I hadn't even heard of Sick Puppies before and was absolutely blown away by them. It was also my first ever concert! I no longer talk to this lady friend but thank god I knew her at that point and time and she made me take her to the concert or I would have never heard of SP!

It also stank because she got sick halfway through the set and we had to leave :(. I had to wait until June of 2011 to finally see the band for myself and get in a full show, signing line, etc.

UCF Knights c/o 2014 :)

Shows so far (getting started :P):
12/03/10
6/6/11
9/25/12
6/19/13; 6/21/13; 7/16/13; 9/15/13; 9/17/13; 12/14/13
3/6/14; 4/26/14; 4/27/14
4/23/16; 4/24/16

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 01 Nov 2013 16:00

The first time I saw them play live was an acoustic session at Captial in NYC sometime during February 2010 when they were touring with Chevelle. There was a blizzard looming that night....so the drive home was interesting.

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

TeresaW
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TeresaW » 06 Nov 2013 00:25

I saw them first with Nickelback in Tacoma in 2010. Definitely did not expect the opening act to be better than the headliner.

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 06 Nov 2013 09:25

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Song of a Phoenix
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Song of a Phoenix » 10 Nov 2013 07:02

I can't remember the date or venue (SHAME ON ME!), but I first saw them opening for Evanescence back when I was a concert newbie. I remember hearing about them and thinking "Sick Puppies? Who are they? Never heard of them." and just brushing it off. Little did I know they would become my favorite band of all time. It also taught me to listen to the backup bands before the concert so if you end up liking them, you can go in knowing at least some of their songs and buy the album while you are there!

"Taking that choice, taking that leap of faith and what you wanna do with your life. And everyone's tellin' ya coulda, woulda, shoulda, what they would've done back in that day, and what you should've done blahblahblahblah, c'mon man. From us to you, do whatever the hell you wanna do with your entire life and just make sure it works for you." -Shim Moore before performing Maybe.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 10 Nov 2013 11:10

Song of a Phoenix
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Song of a Phoenix » 10 Nov 2013 13:20

"Taking that choice, taking that leap of faith and what you wanna do with your life. And everyone's tellin' ya coulda, woulda, shoulda, what they would've done back in that day, and what you should've done blahblahblahblah, c'mon man. From us to you, do whatever the hell you wanna do with your entire life and just make sure it works for you." -Shim Moore before performing Maybe.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 10 Nov 2013 14:21

sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby sickestpup » 11 Nov 2013 05:26

My first concert was at the Electric Factory in Philly when they were touring with Chevelle. Don't really remember the day but it was COLD and it had to be 2010 cuz that's when I was in a band with ambassador Anthony Carrozza and we did Sick Puppies covers (All the Same and Deliverance) before I even knew who they were. Then I saw them and realized just how unworthy I felt playing the bass to those songs lol and I've been hooked ever since.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 11 Nov 2013 06:44

RaghavDagaSP
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RaghavDagaSP » 11 Nov 2013 07:36

Not yet been there... Hopefully soon :smile:

A walking cancer dressed up as a life

RenzoN
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RenzoN » 16 Nov 2013 10:46

04/09/11 Amsterdam - 06/17/11 Haarlem - 06/21/11 Dortmund - 06/22/11 Eindhoven - 09/07/13 Eugene - 09/09/13 San Francisco - 09/11/13 West Hollywood - 09/12/13 Anaheim - 09/13/13 Las Vegas - 04/18/14 Amsterdam - 04/19/14 Paris - 04/21/14 Birmingham - 04/22/14 Manchester - 04/24/14 London

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 25 Nov 2013 23:52

May 19, 2007
Northern Lights (now Upstate Concert Hall) in Clifton Park, NY
Flyleaf, Kill Hannah, SP, Resident Hero.

Went to this show solely for SP, at the time I really didn't like either Flyleaf or KH, although Flyleaf kinda grew on me after I saw them. At this point I'd had DUAL for... a month and a half? I believe it came out around my birthday. So I knew all the words, and I was front and center where they could see lonely ol' me singing along, haha. I do remember liking the openers Resident Hero... not sure whatever happened to them though. I stopped following them after they went on hiatus however many years ago. Anyway, back to SP. I got a setlist from this show, and they were really awesome when I met them after their set. Signed my setlist and took a picture with me. Which of course I now dislike just because I've lost a significant amount of weight since this picture... I don't like old pictures of myself so much :(

Saw them two more times that year, August 8th and 10th. I think those were with Adelita's Way? (whom I didn't know before then but now love) I forget... 3am is not so conducive to remembering stuff like that, haha. The ticket stubs are in one of my memory frames behind me... but the cat sleeping in my lap says I'm not allowed to get up to look at them right now, lol.

darronwyoung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby darronwyoung » 13 Jun 2014 07:04

First show for me was at The Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA on August 10th 2013. I was familiar with the Pups prior to this, mainly from rock radio, and their hit Maybe on the pop station a few years back. I wouldn't have called myself a diehard fan though.

The small club was packed, it was hot, and I had a younger friend with me so we were send upstairs.

Sick Puppies embraced the huge crowd, didn't let the heat bother them one bit, and Shim made everyone from the front row to the top balcony feel like an old friend.

I bought all their albums, met the band, and left as a huge fan. That was my first of 3 shows in a years time and hopefully many more to come!!

"When life's a loaded gun, you pull the trigger"

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 13 Jun 2014 08:59

How have I not posted in this yet?! Okay, well my town does not do rock concerts. It's always always always country. So when Q102 was sponsoring a show with Janus, Sick Puppies, and Papa Roach on June 9, 2010 in Spencer, IA, I bought a ticket right away. Then my cousin, Emma, was coming to town at the same time as the concert so she got a ticket as well and all was hunky-dory. Then the day of the concert came around and, seeing as how that was my first rock concert, I got nervous and didn't want to go. I had no idea what to expect. I wasn't exactly as outgoing as I am now (haha).

But, thankfully Emma dragged me along and I had the time. of. my. life. I only knew a few of the songs, but it was absolutely amazing. I had so much fun and for the first time in my life, I let my hair down, threw up the rock horns, and rocked out. I met the band afterword and, let's just say I was not expecting Shim, Mark, and Emma to be as sweet as they were when I met them.

Needless to say I was hooked from then on out and had my cousin not physically dragged me along, I have absolutely no idea where I would be today. Not. A. Clue.

As for pics....Emma (Anzai) always teases me about my cute little orange camera now. Then, I only had a crappy little slide phone with a terrible camera. So here is the one picture from my first Sick Puppies concert. One. That's unheard of for me! :P

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 13 Jun 2014 11:14

Found one from my first show in 2007. Didn't get any good ones but I have some with cameos of Paul and the G on stage.

I DO!!!!

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 13 Jun 2014 13:52

^^^ They all look so widdle!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 13 Jun 2014 14:00

I really fell in love with that guitar. A black Gibson 335 with yellow binding. I fell in love so hard.

The blond Warwick, I haven't seen that bass in a really long time.

I DO!!!!

Return to “Sick Puppies”