The next cd

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby frodolover36 » 24 Apr 2008 22:59

alright now shim has been saying that they are going to go into the studio and work on the next cd.

what i want to know is would u guys want them to kinda stick with the style they're doing or do more harder stuff??

the first cd was a lot more hard rock that Dressed up as Life which i kind of liked. what do u think?

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The next cd

Unread postby Serge » 24 Apr 2008 23:31

Well, I'd like it to be an album of its own, and I think SP is a band that can pull that off easily and VERY effectively.

....it'd be a real bummer if their melodic sound and ballads were to suddenly vanish since they do such a beautiful job with those. It's usually those kind of songs that everyone identifies with the most and the ones that send chills down your spine.

So I think they should go into the studio with a varietal mentality and also not be afraid to step on un-familiar ground. :)

They have the talent, the heart, the experience, and the passion. I truly believe they're capable of anything. They're amazing like that ^_^

<3
Last edited by Serge on 24 Apr 2008 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The next cd

Unread postby Katy » 25 Apr 2008 04:36

I haven't had the opportunity to sit down and listen to their first CD thoroughly. But it is easy to see how much they've grown as musicians between the first album and Dressed Up As Life. All I would want for the 3rd CD is to be able to say the same thing again. :)

Becky
Founder
Founder

The next cd

Unread postby Becky » 25 Apr 2008 05:04

I would actually hope there would be less ballady songs on the next album. I like them, but I prefer the harder songs and listen to them a lot more often. So I hope the next album has more rockers, for sure. 8-)

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby Samsung » 25 Apr 2008 06:42

I'de hope for a mix of the harder songs on DUAL and for a more WTTRL sound.
Maybe one ballady song.

That'de be an amazing album ;D
Last edited by Samsung on 25 Apr 2008 06:42, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar is always watching.

coltonjared
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby coltonjared » 25 Apr 2008 06:55

I don't care what on the next album I just want it lol

decadence21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby decadence21 » 25 Apr 2008 08:39

Hard, soft, whatever. Variety is always good. I love Dressed Up... and I'm really excited for new material! I know it's gonna sound great and be meaningful.
Last edited by decadence21 on 25 Apr 2008 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

aka Sarah

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby Serge » 25 Apr 2008 08:41

Yeah it's good to have a variety :)

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby Donna » 25 Apr 2008 09:36

I agree with the variety - definitely love the harder stuff like Nothing Really Matters and Pitiful. But I also really love Anywhere but Here and Too Many Words so I think it would be great if they did a little of both ;D We all know it's going to be great no matter what they decide to go with - I think , as Serge said , that they are capable of creating anything in that studio and what they create will be coming from their heart and the passion for what they do which is what will make it all the more special .... and it's guaranteed to rock 8-)

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Lisa
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby Lisa » 25 Apr 2008 10:47

I like the harder rockin songs more but a few softer songs would be o.k too. I'd probably like just about anything they come out with though.

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby frodolover36 » 25 Apr 2008 10:49

i agree. variety is good so if they took it in a completely different direction they could totally pull it off!!! i will agree that i do like the harder stuff. more rocker style ;) but a good mix of hard and ballad is good too

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby nicolenice » 25 Apr 2008 12:44

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby frodolover36 » 25 Apr 2008 12:49

exactly ;)

i love the harder stuff

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

decadence21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby decadence21 » 25 Apr 2008 12:56

I'd like to hear just a little more vocals from Emma! ;D

aka Sarah

Becky
Founder
Founder

The next cd

Unread postby Becky » 25 Apr 2008 13:08

jazzyd

The next cd

Unread postby jazzyd » 25 Apr 2008 13:12

I wonder if any of them play other instruments that would be cool to hear

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby Serge » 25 Apr 2008 14:19

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby Stephanie » 25 Apr 2008 14:25

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby Serge » 25 Apr 2008 14:27

She certainly does, I get chills every time she does that small part in "Anywhere But Here"

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

The next cd

Unread postby Stephanie » 25 Apr 2008 14:32

Return to “Sick Puppies”