Music Questions

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Youtuber87
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Music Questions

Unread postby Youtuber87 » 28 Jun 2017 03:41

I hope someone can help me for this if not i hope i am pointed in the right direction, I am not sure if i got this in the right category

I have had a gaming channel on youtube but haven't really done anything with it until recently.

I know sometimes if a musician's music is played, there is a copyright claim and the video cant be monetized. I use video editing software to fix videos up, I want to make a few videos with music from different artists . I know that the videos cant not be monetized which i am completely fine with.... My main goal is to try and get lots of views/visits to my channel since i am just starting out again. So i mean i don't mind sacrificing a few videos so to speak to help out my channel and i would be totally fine with it who owns the rights to the song getting any money the video would make. ,,

In my videos, I basically say that i what song i am using, who sings it, that i bought it on itunes, that i do not own the rights to it, using it for promotional reasons. I also put the songs information in the description too.

All the possible songs of sick puppies i want to use, i checked the copyright policies on youtube , and it says i can use the songs but cant monetize them which like i said before i dont mind that at all. I am attempting to get a hold of the label or someone which each song but im not sure if its necessarily since the copyright policies says it can be use just not monetized.

So i guess what i am trying to ask since the copyright policies on youtube says the songs can be use just not monetized and since i mentioned buying on itunes, not owning the rights to it, using it for promotional reasons in the video as well have the songs information in the description... will i get in trouble ? do i need any other permissions ?

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Music Questions

Unread postby *J* » 29 Jun 2017 00:34

Hello! We do a monthly webcast for Sick Puppies and a lot of videos that have Sick Puppies songs. Our channel is not monetized so that worse that happens is that people in other countries cannot view the video. It is ultimately up to YouTube what they decide about your account, but you should not have to get permission from the record label.

Youtuber87
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Music Questions

Unread postby Youtuber87 » 29 Jun 2017 10:23

As far as YouTube, the sick puppies can be view worldwide just not monetized it says in the details. I was doing some research and I guess according to google there were several names as far as record labels that showed up so I'm not sure about that as far as which one if not all I should contact. I mean there has been copyright claims before by a band who has heard their music in a game but the only thing that happened was the video couldn't be monetized. So your probably right about not needed permission from the label since it's ultimately up to youtube but does sick puppies have one main label ? I found virgin, capital, and emi record labels

Return to “Sick Puppies”