Family Conversations about SP

Anything and everything you'd like to discuss about the band, their music, etc.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vegawriters

Family Conversations about SP

Unread postby vegawriters » 25 Jan 2016 13:36

So this conversation happened this weekend:

I was over at the sibling's, and her step-son, who I have started to provide music for because he needs it and he does really well with it and because I want to make sure he's on a good path ... ;)

Anyway, he looks at me and at my shirt and says "Shauna, is Sick Puppies a band?"

Why yes, I replied. (ready to ramble on forever and instead just let him ask questions)

"Can I have one of their albums?" The ten year old asks.

Now, my instant response is "Yes! Of course!" But, because I'm not mom, and we don't want to screw up mom's process of how she raises her kids, I say Well, I'll have to talk to your mom about it and make sure she's okay with the lyrics. Since, you know, language and all that fun stuff.

At this point, the sibling pipes up and says "You know. I think I'd be more comfortable if you wait a couple of years. There's just some stuff that you aren't ready to hear." Now, keep in mind, this is my sibling, who listens to harder stuff than I do a lot of the time. Which makes me laugh even harder. So I say, still laughing -

I think I have a clean version of an album or single at least somewhere somewhere.

The sibling pipes up, "That is an abomination against the lord!"

At this point, the poor kid isn't sure why we're laughing so hard, but we all are.

And then I remembered that the acoustic album is relatively clean. So kidlet is getting that. hahahahahahaha

Okay, so maybe you had to be there, but it was great.

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

SpiralingSoul
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Family Conversations about SP

Unread postby SpiralingSoul » 04 Mar 2016 10:32

Maaaan, the acoustic album is the SH*T! I love that album.

SO PRAY TO YOUR GOD
STICK TO YOUR GUNS
CAUSE YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 23 Mar 2016 18:08

Bahahahaha!!! I actually gave my nana Polar Opposite for her brithday shortly after it came out, way back when. She used to think it was just horrible that I would travel thousands of miles to see the same band over and over. Then all of a sudden her attitude changed and she could understand it...

I just remembered that after reading this post again.

Now I'm kinda sad. Her birthday would have been yesterday. :'(

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 23 Mar 2016 19:44

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 23 Mar 2016 19:50

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Sick Puppies”