Iceland

Where International fans can come and connect with other fans in their areas.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Iceland

Unread postby Shamrock » 28 Aug 2014 13:27

I am a Sick Puppies fan, residing in Iceland!! Wooo.... maybe the pups will follow me here someday. They could be the biggest news in the country, just like that JT fellow was all over the news the past two weeks :P.... BUT BIGGER.

I just need to do some convincing their way... maybe if I post photos they will be convinced to visit this beautiful Island. I'll work on it.

Anyway, I thought as an International, I would post an update here.

Hello to my fellow SPWC and beloved Ambassadors xo
I have been in Iceland for over a week and things are going well so far. I miss the forum, so wanted to give you an update. I have been mostly staying low-key and studying for the two exams I have finally completed writing. Now I am just waiting for the results of my examinations. I move into my dormitory tomorrow, but have been staying with my cousins, and will probably spend many weekends with them. They are like a second family to me. It is wonderful. We are even petsitting an Iceland Dog. (Google them!) They are the cutest ever, you'll fall in love.

I missed out on the summer sky, so it actually does get dark maybe around 9 or 10, instead of staying sunny all night. They put salt in their oatmeal instead of sugar. It is not really cold, but it is cloudy all the time so when I look out the window I often think maybe I'll be cold, but am surprisingly not. There is constantly music playing everywhere. Live in the streets, in the pubs.. big stages. Music is everwhere. Love it.

Anyway, I'm running out of ideas, but I will write again.

HUGS,
:sham:

Cora

Re: Iceland

Unread postby Cora » 29 Aug 2014 09:58

Okay, Iceland sounds completely awesome!!!! I'd honestly never really heard anything about it until reading this (as pathetic as that sounds). Now I'm totally interested! ;) Good luck with school and everything!! Keep us up to date!! :)

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 01 Sep 2014 07:39

So great to hear an update! I'm sure you did wonderful on your exams...even the grammar one. I really don't know much about Iceland either other than it isn't icy :laugh: (that's Greenland I hear) so it will be interesting to hear your stories.

Steph

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 02 Sep 2014 17:24

I passed my exams for both University's! Graduate in October from one, and started classes yesterday in the other, and the lectures are entirely in Icelandic. It is kind of intimidating, but it seems okay so far? But I worry it will get harder later.... but hopefully my brain will wrap around vocabulary better.

Today I learned that even when it looks like it is just sprinkling out, it is probably best to wear a coat, because even though I was outside for TWO minutes and it looked like light rain, I probably looked like I just got out of the shower when I got to the next building over. Yeesh!

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 03 Sep 2014 10:32

Holy crap!! Total immersion for the win!!!! :) :) That sounds amazing! Congrats on your exams too!!!!! SO SO SO exciting!!!

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 10 Sep 2014 22:50

Hi Sham! :wave: Great to hear an update from you! Glad you are doing well, Iceland sounds like a really cool place!

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 02 Oct 2014 19:04

Haha, it is cool alright! Things are going well, except I'm terrified of my grammar class. I do not wrap my brain around it well at all. I'm also awful in the conversation class. I listen to everyone speak and understand what they are saying and think to myself, that's not too hard to say. But almost everyone in my classes have already been living in Iceland for a year or two or three if not more, so already speak it quite fluently sounding.. but their grammar is probably off. And I wonder how I could ever keep up. I rarely speak, and I need to get myself speaking, but I am shy :P Ahhh... I feel like I should not have taken the test and probably should have went into the practical diploma class. But that would have been slow for me.... my reading and listening is fine, it is just speaking and writing that I am not so good at. So conflicting.

Anyhow, that is how school is going. I joined the University Choir, went to choir 'camp', it was so much fun. I have made lots of friends through choir, and a few in my classes, and I have a great time with my cousins everytime I visit them.

Just thought I'd give a brief update, but I should get back to translating the book I'm reading.

P.S. Buy a SPWC shirt, they look awesome!!

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 10 Oct 2014 18:05

Thanks for the update Sham. I really can't imagine how hard it would be to be in a foreign country and learning all that. It HAS to be hard. I'm sure you are doing well though.

I like the PS by the way lol.

Steph

Return to “International World Crew”