Introduce yourself!

Where International fans can come and connect with other fans in their areas.
Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Introduce yourself!

Unread postby Mari » 21 Nov 2010 13:21

Hello guys!

This is a thread to introduce yourself, just a couple of lines about where you are from and something about yourself!

I'll start....

Short summary, I've got the ambassador record for moving most times, when I first got involved here I lived in Sheffield (two addresses there), then I moved to Edinburgh (two addresses there too) and now I live in Malta. Oh yeah and I am originally from Norway!

The first time I got to see the Pups was in London this week, and it was mind blowing!!!

Apart from this my interests are reading, photography, running and finding the perfect cup of flat white coffee. (Not necessarily in that order...) :laugh:

OK, so lets share!

Where are you from?

When did you first see Sick Puppies, and if you've been lucky enough to catch them more than once, how many times have you seen them, or are you still waiting for them to hit your neck of the woods?

Any other interests?

Anything else you would like to add (or not...)

~Mari~

Image Image

Speedynek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Introduce yourself!

Unread postby Speedynek » 21 Nov 2010 22:34

Hello!

I'm from Czech Republic and my hometown is Zlin.. It's small town on/in (not sure =/) east Czech Republic with typical houses which built Tomas Bata in 30s :cool:

Unfortunately still waiting for a concert in Czech Republic and praying for it, cuz many bands ignoring my country.. =/ If they'll ignore my country I have to go to UK or USA to see the concert so who'll give me a bed? :lmao:

Interests? Friends, beer, games, music! Oh yeah I'm addict! and drums but still looking for some place =/

For the last I wanna be the ambassador but don't know how promote Sick Puppies here in Czech Republic and my skills with videos sucks.. :cry:

Thanks to NickyToons for signature!

Proud 1st Czech member and Ambassador! :D

Will I ever learn to treasure the ones I care for? Everyone leaves in the end doesn't matter how hard you hold on. Doesn't matter how much you drain your heart for.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 24 Nov 2010 19:45

Hey guys! I'm in Montreal, Canada.

I went to a show for the first time a few years ago, and have been going ever since. But, I only saw them in Canada for the first time earlier this year - I usually have to go to the States to see them.

My interests are writing, photography, singing, and hanging out with peeps.

Speedynek wrote:For the last I wanna be the ambassador but don't know how promote Sick Puppies here in Czech Republic and my skills with videos sucks.. :cry:

You don't need video skills to be an ambassador :) And, like Becky mentioned here, finding radio stations from your area would be a big help!

What else? Um...I did a cupcake contest this weekend and baked 200 cupcakes with 2 friends. Oh, and I'm a concert addict. :tongue:

ImageImage
Better thank your lucky stars...
Becky wrote:package shots happen.
Every breath is a second chance
I take concert photos. Wanna see 'em?

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 25 Nov 2010 06:25

My turn !
I'm in Lyon, France.

I got to see the Pups for the first time last week in London, and it was.. EPIC, totally worth the wait.

My hobbies are mainly music-related. I play bass in a band and love listening to music and going to concerts.
But I also love watching movies, hanging out with my friends and reading.

And..... I wish I had more money because I love visiting new places.. I'd love to go to Japan, Australia, Canada,..

:smile:

Kat2323
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kat2323 » 26 Nov 2010 08:45

Hello! :D ok well my name is Kaitlin, but you can call me Kat :) I'm in Canada as well! I first saw SP when they were on tour with nickelback and loved them ever since. they never com ehere, so this weekend I am going to syrause to see them :D but on twitter they said they are going to come to Canada in march/april, lets hope! :biggrin:

I'm not in school right now, but in Jan I am going to school for special effects makeup! :rock: I'm so excited.

Justine wrote:And..... I wish I had more money because I love visiting new places.. I'd love to go to Japan, Australia, Canada,..

Yay Canada :P

ImageImage
ImageTweet me! :) @Kat2323x

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 26 Nov 2010 17:50

Kat2323 wrote:I'm not in school right now, but in Jan I am going to school for special effects makeup! :rock: I'm so excited.

That sounds pretty awesome.

Kat2323 wrote:
Justine wrote:And..... I wish I had more money because I love visiting new places.. I'd love to go to Japan, Australia, Canada,..

Yay Canada :P

I second this. :tongue:

ImageImage

corduroybear
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby corduroybear » 27 Nov 2010 14:16

Hey guys! My name is Douglas and I'm orginally from the highlands of Scotland but I'm now living in Malta with a deranged lunatic who flew 1600 miles to see SP perform in London...

...but to be honest, if i could have managed it myself, I'd have been there at her side screaming at the band from the front row!

I'm an English teacher at a language school, and I gotta admit, I love my job! Also...above said lunatic brought me back a t-shirt from the gig, so i proudly wear it at school in front of the students.

My hobbies are mainly writing - I love the feel of being able to create something out of nothing. It could be a song, a poem, a story - anything! I'm currently in the process of writng 2 novels...but I've been in this process for a few years now so I'm not expecting to finish any time soon.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell!

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mari » 27 Nov 2010 14:43

Kat2323 wrote:Yay Canada :P

I thought it was "Oh Canada" :laugh:

corduroybear wrote:Hey guys! My name is Douglas and I'm orginally from the highlands of Scotland but I'm now living in Malta with a deranged lunatic who flew 1600 miles to see SP perform in London...

Sorry that should be 1300 miles Mr Teacherman... I am sure I can do another 300 miles easily though :biggrin: but let's not make it 500 miles, there is too much scope for bad bad jokes.

(For anyone not Scottish or British here, do a search on youtube for the Proclaimers and 500 Miles...)

~Mari~

Image Image

Kat2323
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kat2323 » 27 Nov 2010 16:15

Mari wrote:
Kat2323 wrote:Yay Canada :P

I thought it was "Oh Canada" :laugh:
You are too funny :laugh:

And corduroybear, I like your signature!!!! :biggrin:

ImageImage
ImageTweet me! :) @Kat2323x

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 28 Nov 2010 18:11

Mari wrote:
corduroybear wrote:Hey guys! My name is Douglas and I'm orginally from the highlands of Scotland but I'm now living in Malta with a deranged lunatic who flew 1600 miles to see SP perform in London...

Sorry that should be 1300 miles Mr Teacherman... I am sure I can do another 300 miles easily though :biggrin: but let's not make it 500 miles, there is too much scope for bad bad jokes.

I started singing the song in my head when I got to this part of your post, Mari. :laugh:

Welcome, Douglas!

ImageImage

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 28 Nov 2010 19:15

Mari wrote:(For anyone not Scottish or British here, do a search on youtube for the Proclaimers and 500 Miles...)

Gee thanks. Read that and now I have that song stuck in my head. :surprised:

Juliesnaps
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Juliesnaps » 28 Nov 2010 19:40

dlcramer wrote:
Mari wrote:(For anyone not Scottish or British here, do a search on youtube for the Proclaimers and 500 Miles...)

agreed :)

Now...I guess I don't count 'cause I live in the USA now but my permanent residency card says Australia!! LOL I haven't been there since I was 5 but I lived in Belgium for 10 years (my family is Belgian, so am I) and in Canada (near Montreal) for 2. I still feel like I'm international even if I live here :)

MCO 10/21/09 PBI 12/05/09 JAX 01/31/10 ATL 04/21/10
MCO 07/23/10 FLL 07/24/10 JAX 07/25/10 MCO 12/03/10
EMA 01/29/11 SZD 01/30/11 PBI 05/1/11 MCO 05/29/11
JAX 05/30/11 PIE 09/25/12 MSP 08/31/13 LAS 09/13/13
JAX 09/30/13 ATL 02/21/14 STL 07/20/14 ORD 07/22/14
ENW 08/1/14 IND 08/04/14 ORD 5/13/16 FWA 5/14/16
AZO 5/15/16 BMI 5/17/16 Cadott 7/14/16 Oshkosh 7/15/16
DSM 9/29/16 STL 9/30/16 MSN 12/06/16 MWE 08/25/17

Mari
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mari » 29 Nov 2010 04:44

Juliesnaps wrote:
dlcramer wrote:

agreed :)

Now...I guess I don't count 'cause I live in the USA now but my permanent residency card says Australia!! LOL I haven't been there since I was 5 but I lived in Belgium for 10 years (my family is Belgian, so am I) and in Canada (near Montreal) for 2. I still feel like I'm international even if I live here :)

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Hey you are definitely international Julie! Honourary if you wish, or potentially more internatinal than the rest of us... :biggrin:

~Mari~

Image Image

JayElle
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JayElle » 29 Nov 2010 08:50

Hey!

I'm Jay (or Jen), from wonderful Ontario, Canada (originally British Columbia; before that I lived in Germany for 11 years). I'm fluent in English, German, and my French is getting there :)

I've had the pleasure of seeing Sick Puppies 3 times so far.
Aannd I have this epic roadtrip idea for next year, where I plan to see them a few nights in a row. I'm aiming for the 10 shows in calendar year :D

Still, I'd love for them to come to Canada.
Kat2323 wrote:on twitter they said they are going to come to Canada in march/april, lets hope! :biggrin:

I'm trés excited!

Justine wrote:I'd love to go to Japan, Australia, Canada,..

We'd love to have you!

Other interests: Sailing, Boating, Skiing, Water polo, Volleyball, Photography and photo manipulation, graphic and tattoo design, yoga, reading, writing (fiction, short story, humour type stuff.. and a lot of SP wishful thinking hehe), camping and outdoors-y stuff, free hugs! And music. Definitely, definitely music. I agree whole heartedly with
August Rush wrote:I too believe in music, the way some people believe in fairy tales…
I believe music can transport you from where you were to where you might want to be. Music can carry you in between the cracks in our hearts, it can turn the sky blue, it can make the world… maybe just for the few seconds of pure simpatico… perfect.

But yes, this has gotten really long, so I'll leave it at that :P

11 Apr 2010 - Ottawa
15 Sep 2010 - Clifton Park
28 Nov 2010 - Syracuse
16 Mar 2011 - Clifton Park
01 Aug 2011 - Jermyn

Grief & resentment, I replace with understanding & agreement. Revolt, I replace with music. I will be able to love above all discontentment. To give even when I am stripped of everything.

I know you're connected to a part of me that I don't even know myself

Speedynek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Speedynek » 29 Nov 2010 08:57

I wanna live in Canada or USA too! :drool:

So much nice people have to live there! :)

Hope I will have a chance go there or have a guts to go there.. :))

Sorry for OT! :angel:

Thanks to NickyToons for signature!

Proud 1st Czech member and Ambassador! :D

Will I ever learn to treasure the ones I care for? Everyone leaves in the end doesn't matter how hard you hold on. Doesn't matter how much you drain your heart for.

Stace
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stace » 29 Nov 2010 09:05

Hey,

I'm also a Canadian, lived in Ontario my whole life.

First time I went to a Sick Puppies concert was when they opened for Nickelback in Ottawa, on my birthday :smile: Quite the birthday present, by the way, kind of like "Oh Happy Birthday, this is Sick Puppies, and you are in no way prepared for their awesomeness"
Since then, I've seen a show at Clifton Park and in Syracuse. I am very happy I own a car and love the idea of road trips :smile: Waiting on them to come to Canada as a headliner, their popularity is starting to grow up here since they've started playing "Maybe" on the radio

My interests include sarcastic wit (or funnyness of any kind), sports (rugby especially), movies, music, and keeping my superhero identity a secret :tongue:

JayElle
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JayElle » 29 Nov 2010 09:20

Stace wrote:kind of like "Oh Happy Birthday, this is Sick Puppies, and you are in no way prepared for their awesomeness"

First time seeing Sick Puppies:

Speedynek wrote:So much nice people have to live there! :)

11 Apr 2010 - Ottawa
28 Nov 2010 - Syracuse
01 Aug 2011 - Jermyn

Grief & resentment, I replace with understanding & agreement. Revolt, I replace with music. I will be able to love above all discontentment. To give even when I am stripped of everything.

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 30 Nov 2010 12:29

Kemmy wrote:Hey guys! I'm in Montreal, Canada.

Kat2323 wrote: I'm in Canada as well!

JayElle wrote:I'm Jay (or Jen), from wonderful Ontario, Canada

Stace wrote:I'm also a Canadian, lived in Ontario my whole life.

*scared*
:laugh:

JayElle
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JayElle » 30 Nov 2010 13:30

Justine wrote:*scared*
:laugh:

The Canadians are coming! :evillaugh:

11 Apr 2010 - Ottawa
28 Nov 2010 - Syracuse
01 Aug 2011 - Jermyn

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 30 Nov 2010 19:42

Nice to meet all of you guys!

I'm also from Montreal, Canada. Saw SP for the first in Poughkeepsie, NY. I was an online fan for a while, but seeing them live at that show got me hooked. I've been to a few shows all over USA/Canada; furthest being in L.A (lets just say that the stars aligned for that trip to happen :P). Can't say I would be able to choose a favourite show out of the ones I've been to.. each one is special for it's own reason.

Interests?... err.. Photography, artsy stuff, traveling, playing music (guitar/bass/keyboard) and Rockbanding with friends

Mari wrote:Anything else you would like to add (or not...)

2+2=4 :p Lame.. I know

Mari wrote:Proclaimers and 500 Miles...

and... now I get to try to get that song out of my head *shakes fist*

HA!

Return to “International World Crew”