SICK PUPPIES TO HOST CONSUMER GAMEPLAY SESSION WITH WWE®

Any breaking news, changes to the rules, sign up information, etc.
Susanna
Founder
Founder

SICK PUPPIES TO HOST CONSUMER GAMEPLAY SESSION WITH WWE®

Unread postby Susanna » 14 Dec 2009 10:42

THQ AND EMI / CAPITOL MUSIC GROUP RECORDING ARTIST SICK PUPPIES TO HOST
CONSUMER GAMEPLAY SESSION WITH WWE® SMACKDOWN® VS. RAW® 2010

Consumers to Compete Against Band Members in Latest Addition
to Distinguished Fighting Video Game Franchise via Xbox LIVE® Online Entertainment Network

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.  December 14, 2009  THQ Inc. today announced the company has partnered with EMI / Capitol Music Group recording artist Sick Puppies to offer consumers the opportunity to connect with the band using WWE® SmackDown® vs. Raw® 2010, the critically acclaimed addition to the renowned fighting videogame franchise. On Friday, December 18 at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT, Sick Puppies band members will log into the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft to compete against fans using the Gamertag “SICKPUPPIESband.” The consumer gameplay session is expected to last for approximately two hours.

“Through our continued partnership with EMI / Capitol Music Group, we are pleased to unite Sick Puppies with our unparalleled WWE SmackDown vs. Raw audience,” said Victor Rodriguez, music director, THQ. “The band’s impactful sound and relationship with WWE make for the perfect fit with the franchise.”

“We can’t wait to meet you guys online and play WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010,” said Emma Anzai, bassist, Sick Puppies. “You’re going down!”

“You’re Going Down,” the No. 1 single from the band’s recent release, Tri-Polar, appears on the soundtrack to WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010. In addition, “You’re Going Down” served as the official theme song for the WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view in June 2009.

About WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 for the Xbox 360
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 introduces a new Create-a-Superstar Mode, including a fresh look, all-new 3-D parts and improved graphical quality, allowing players to create Superstars and Divas comparable in quality with their in-game WWE counterparts. A new Paint Tool enables detailed creation of tattoos, logos and other unique designs, while a franchise-first Superstar Threads feature lets players create alternate ring gear for Superstars and Divas by customizing the colors of shirts, pants, face paint, elbow pads, boots and more. The game’s Create-a-Finisher Mode has been updated to let players create acrobatic and gravity-defying diving attacks from the top turnbuckle, move their creations to new heights by adjusting the trajectory and take advantage of new moves from the front grapple position. Taking creativity even further, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 marks the debut of WWE Story Designer. In this new mode, players can create and customize their own storylines and cut scenes, including selection of talent and scene locations, writing their own dialogue, adjusting camera angles, choosing from over 100 scene animations, assigning talent emotions and much more. Players may also construct each night’s show card with matches, unique match stipulations, interference events and other story twists and turns.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 empowers players with not only extensive creative freedom but the ability to share their gameplay experiences as well. For the first time in franchise history, the WWE Community Creations interface enables players to upload their creations online, including created Superstars and Divas, story designs, finishing moves, highlight reels and screenshots, and share them with others around the world. Players may also download created content via keyword search engine from other users for use both online and offline. In addition, players can tag their creations with search terms, as well as leave ratings, allowing for ease of use in searching the robust database for the most popular – or even the most obscure – created items. To date, more than 50,000 items have been uploaded to WWE Community Creations via Xbox LIVE.

In addition to its extensive creative and online offerings, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 includes a number of key updates. The WWE Training Facility provides a franchise-first in-game tutorial, making it simple for both long-time fans and newcomers to get helpful gameplay tips and practice moves with their favorite Superstars and Divas. The popular Road to WrestleMania story-based mode returns with interactive cut scenes and six new storylines based on a created Superstar, Mickie James, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels and Edge, as well as a “Brand Warfare” co-op storyline with Triple H and John Cena. In terms of match types, the Championship Scramble makes its WWE SmackDown vs. Raw franchise debut, while the renowned Royal Rumble delivers a revised presentation and more ways to eliminate opponents, including three elimination mini-games and match-specific finishing moves. In addition, a robust talent roster will include more than 60 playable Superstars and Divas, many of whom will make their videogame debut, as they represent the Raw, SmackDown and ECW® brands.

More information about WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 can be found at http://www.smackdownvsraw.com.

About Sick Puppies
The band launched their world domination strategy with the album Dressed Up As Life, and the single, “All the Same,” used in a video featuring fellow Aussie Juan Mann in his global “Free Hugs” campaign, attracted 49 million YouTube views and spawned a worldwide phenomenon. For their RMR/Virgin/EMI follow-up, Tri-Polar, the group has joined with Rock Mafia hitmakers Antonina Armato and Tim James to create a sound that reflects the band’s past four whirlwind years in the rock and roll fast lane. The first single, “You’re Going Down,” was used as the theme song for the WWE’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view broadcast. Sick Puppies can also be seen on theatre screens in Rock Prophecies, the award-winning documentary about legendary rock photographer Robert M. Knight, who famously took the band under his wing when they first came to the States.

More information about Sick Puppies can be found at http://www.sickpuppies.net.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: SICK PUPPIES TO HOST CONSUMER GAMEPLAY SESSION WITH WWE®

Unread postby Donna » 14 Dec 2009 10:50

That is so cool !! It makes me wish I had X- box :biggrin:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 14 Dec 2009 16:04

I'm xbox junkie but dont have (or want) the game. I'll add them anyways and maybe they'll play other games in the future. I play Halo 3 with Doug and Chris (Singer/drummer) from Hoobastank lol.

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 14 Dec 2009 17:03

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Gabby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Gabby » 14 Dec 2009 17:11

Hey everyone. Watch me go dish out $50 for the game solely for the fact that Sick Puppies will be signing in.

Wow, I really am a total loser. :surprised:

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Julie » 14 Dec 2009 17:46

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 14 Dec 2009 19:32

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

4LK
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby 4LK » 14 Dec 2009 20:47

Not only do I have a 360, but I also have that game. Badass.

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 14 Dec 2009 22:30

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 14 Dec 2009 22:35

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 14 Dec 2009 23:08

Haha I saw this on facebook. I didn't see what game it was going to be tho...Smackdown vs. Raw makes sense. I totally wish I had an XBOX now. It's bad enough I miss out on a bunch of other cool games since I only own a Wii, but it would be totally sweet to play against SP...I Know Paramore did this recently too. Not sure what game it was with tho...

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 15 Dec 2009 04:31

Josh is getting a 360 Elite for Christmas - this makes me want to give it to him early! Ahh, too bad though. I hope everyone that gets to jump in on this has a ton of fun!

Jessamy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jessamy » 15 Dec 2009 18:15

boooooooooooooo! i work! stupid stupid stupid!....oh wait.....the xbox is broken anyways...DOUBLE STUPID! :wall:

Sick Puppies + My Chemical Romance = :love:
08-18-08~ 05-23-09~ 07-22-09~ 09-11-09~ 12-13-10~ 04-23-10~ 05-01-10~ 07-15-10~ 08-13-10~08-14-10~12-10-10~12-13-10~04-19-11

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 15 Dec 2009 18:27

Just an FYI, I'm going to copy and paste this article onto my blog and a bulletin (on MySpace) to help spread the word !!!

Dominique

Unread postby Dominique » 15 Dec 2009 19:17

Might have to steal my friends X-Box for the day, I am sure he wont miss it =P :laugh:

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 15 Dec 2009 19:28

I posted a bulletin and blog about this on the the SPWC myspace page.

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 15 Dec 2009 20:49

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 15 Dec 2009 22:39

Posted this on MySpace too.

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

4LK
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby 4LK » 17 Dec 2009 12:16

"SICKPUPPIESband" accepted my friend request. Neat.

If I get into a game with them tomorrow night, I'll make sure to let all of you know. :cool:

Return to “Site Announcements”