How can I change my email address, username, et cetera?

Frequently Asked Questions about the Sick Puppies World Crew
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

How can I change my email address, username, et cetera?

Unread postby Zach » 04 Jun 2008 22:18

How can I change my email address, username, or other account details?

Most of your account information can be readily and easily updated or changed through the User Control Panel. To access your control panel, you click on the "User Control Panel" link in the upper-left area of the board (under the "Board Index" icon). Once in your control panel, you will notice that there are several tabs with different options. Feel free to take a gander at all of the options. Listed below are some commonly updated or changed options within the User Control Panel tabs.

Email address:
You can change or update your email address by clicking on the profile tab, then on "Edit Account Settings." You will notice two boxes, one to type in your new email address and then a confirmation box. Once you have typed your new email address in both boxes, click "Submit." Do note that changing or updating your email address will automatically send out a new validation email. You will need to login to the specified email address to confirm, and subsequently continue using the forum.

Password:
You can change or update your password by clicking on the profile tab, then on "Edit Account Settings." You will notice two boxes, one to type in your new password and then a confirmation box. Once you have typed your new password in both boxes, click "Submit." Do note that changing your password will require you to login again before continuing to use the forum.

Username:
Because of databasing limitations, there is no direct way for you to change your own username. However, if you have a legitimate desire to change your username, you may contact the Technical Administrator (dlcramer) via or via Email ( info@sickpuppies.net ). For verification purposes, you must send the following information in the Private Message (PM) or email in order to have your username changed:

1. Current username
2. Desired username
3. Email address associated with your account
4. Current password (you may change it AFTER your username request has been honoured)
5. Reason for wanting to change your username

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “FAQ”