Meaning of Life

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Meaning of Life

Unread postby aquarius215 » 10 Aug 2014 06:38

A recent Sick Puppies News email talked about the meaning of life. It's a question that people have asked for thousands of years. So I started thinking...what would my meaning of life be, at this moment, at this point in my life? What I came up with is....to make a difference. People always worry about leaving behind money or things when they die. But money gets spent and things just sit there or can be destroyed (those of us in NY, NJ & Staten Island found that out when Hurricane Sandy hit!). But, if you can make a difference, that can have lasting consequences and possibly even a ripple effect. When I posted about the toys I make & donate at Christmas, I inspired someone else to do the same. How awesome that more kids will get toys! For me, that is what gives my life meaning...to know that in some small way, I have made those kis's lives better, if only because they know that someone thought of them at Charistmas.

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

Nikole
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Meaning of Life

Unread postby Nikole » 11 Aug 2014 22:10

Sounds like a great meaning of life. People don't realize how something so small can mean so much. I think that making a differences is important in life. In the end, who cares how much money we had or how big our house was, it's the memories everyone thinks about. I would rather spend more time making a difference in someones life than pursue materialist items. I'm currently pursuing a bachelor's in psychology and then will go for my Masters in Social Work. I want to help teenagers that went through what i did as a teen. If I can make a difference in just one persons life, it will be worth it! Hopefully I can inspire someone else to do the same!

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Meaning of Life

Unread postby aquarius215 » 15 Aug 2014 05:31

Sounds like a great way to spend your life! As the single mom of a teenage son with depression, I can tell you that you will make a huge difference, especially since you are so committed & passionate about the work you want to do. Best of luck!

Jenn

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

Return to “Random”