just wondering....

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

just wondering....

Unread postby aquarius215 » 22 Jun 2014 06:44

So...I don't know it I am the only 30 Seconds to Mars fan on this forum, but Jared Leto recently did something that pissed off a lot of fans in Italy. As most of probably do not know, Shannon Leto got arrested and charged with a DUI on June 16. He also had an outstanding ticket for driving without a license and remained in custody for a couple of days after his arrest. The band was due in Italy on June 18. Apparently, they not only did not cancel, but they used a DRUM TRACK! Needless to say, fans were pissed. I mean, I would hope that if any of the Pups couldn't be at a show, they would just cancel. It would be disappointing, but better than hearing a track. I have seen since then that Jared sort of acknowledged that Shannon wasn't there and said at the end of City of Angels "For Shannon". It seems that no one outside the U.S. knows about Shannon. So my question is....would it ever be acceptable to use a track rather than cancel or get a sub?

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: just wondering....

Unread postby jackvegas » 22 Jun 2014 08:25

As a replacement for a band member? Never. I would prefer they reschedule than do that.

Lale_Opal
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Lale_Opal » 22 Jun 2014 12:11

:shocked:
Awful. They`d better have canceled the show, really. Btw, I`ve heard that 30STM used traks at their shows in Russia, though every band member was OK. I`m not their fan, but this disappointed me a lot. Seems they are not sure they can play live well :/
Last edited by Lale_Opal on 22 Jun 2014 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

| |

Lale_Opal
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Lale_Opal » 22 Jun 2014 12:19

And maybe anyone had heard about that recent incident with Paramore when Jeremy couldn`t play because he was at the hospital with his pregnant wife. Not sure, who played instead of him, but the band put his cardboard figure on the scene. That was really fun. Maybe 30STM could have done something like this.

| |

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 22 Jun 2014 13:20

I saw Hinder at the Clay County Fair when the frontman wasn't there. According to the other members of the band, he had some "personal problems" (they all used air quotes and looked kinda pissed) when the introduced the guy to replace him for a bit. (The frontman for....Asking Alexander I think?) Seeing as how I hadn't ever seen Hinder before, I didn't know any different until they said anything, but had that happened for a band I loved (like jee, the Pups), I would hope they'd just cancel. It was kinda weird....

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 11 Jul 2014 15:45

I can't say it surprises me at all that they would do that... considering what they did at the one show of theirs I attended way back in the day of their Beautiful Lie album. I was a huge 30STM fan, so I bought a shirt at the show to gain access to the meet and greet. Get to the meet and greet, and all the band members were wearing blue nitrile gloves and doctor's face masks. Not a one of them even looked up from the posters they were signing to so much as smile and say hi, except for Shannon, who tbh looked pretty embarrassed to be there. It was late spring, not like it was flu season. I work with blood all day long at my job and I don't wear that much PPE. I'm one of those people who doesn't really respect a band who treat their fans like they don't matter, so I drifted away from 30STM after that.

But I have been in the other boat too, where a band member is too sick to perform. My preference? Find a sub and play the show, unless it's something known in advance, then yeah, reschedule. Nothing pisses me off more than driving three hours to find out something's been canceled, especially after spending my precious CTO time at work to attend. Last year I went to see my second-favorite band (Gemini Syndrome), and Aaron the singer was crazy sick with laryngitis. Like just-released-from-the-ER sick. But they still went on because they didn't want to just cancel, and you know what? It was a pretty awesome show. The two guitarists split vocal duties, and did the best they could with what they had. The people around me weren't upset. Even heard the gal next to me exclaim how she'd never heard of them before but was going to go buy their album because she loved it.

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 12 Jul 2014 06:22

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

Return to “Random”