Just a little update!

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Just a little update!

Unread postby chandra » 28 May 2014 13:45

Hey loveys, it's been a while!!!

I've been really busy, and haven't been on in quite a bit, but I wanted to come over and see how everyone's doing, and to give you guys a little update about what I've been working on! Sorry it's so long! ;)

Although I miss being here with you guys very much....I'm doing really well, the whole family went to Seattle earlier in the year, and I attended a music function in where I met with tons of people in the local scene, and got a really good idea of what I'm looking at for career options...At this point I've kinda got my heart set on one day owning my own recording studio/label/music cooperative centered around artist's rights and bringing people together over great, genuine music...I guess we'll see how that goes... :laugh: haha

Right now though, I have so much to learn, so I'm focusing on that more than anything else...I'll be moving up to Seattle probably either next year or the year after, and the whole family will relocate as soon as possible, with as much as we love Oregon, we can't wait to get out of Eugene, and Seattle just really feels like home to all three of us! While I'm here though, I've been looking into different job/internship options, I've been in a bit of a pickle since it's a college town and most of the places that I've talked to have only been willing to do internships for U of O students (so frustrating)! But I found one recording studio that's very cool and open-minded....I sent in my resume...and it looks like there's a pretty good chance that I'll get it! In June, I'll go in and meet with the owner to discuss scheduling (it will probably be at least a year long commitment, but that's fine by me!) One of the really cool things about this place (in addition to the fact that they have really flexible hours) is that, if I get the internship, I'll be able to trade three hours of work for one hour of either one-on-one learning time or 'free-time'...meaning that I can start by using those hours for lessons from the owner on how to use the equipment...then once I learn enough I can use my free hours to start working independently, recording musicians...so I'm starting to scout around Portland for artists to work with...I think this internship will open up so many doors, I'm really excited!

I had a great 17th birthday earlier in the month, low-key movie night and junk food at home (I've never really liked having birthday parties), we had a wimpy kid movie marathon haha :laugh: lots of fun!

What else...? Oh, the other night we (my mom and brother and I) went to see Cage the Elephant in Portland...it was honestly the most incredibly unique concert I've ever had the pleasure of attending...I'm telling you, if you ever get the chance to go see them (especially at a small club) do it! I now wholeheartedly believe that you haven't lived until you've seen a Cage the Elephant show... Inside the venue it had to have been over 100 degrees, but after the music started no one really cared...everyone was dancing (the floors at the venue were really bouncy, so they were perfect for that), and then the moshing started....and you know how at most concerts there's kind of a designated 'mosh pit' in the middle of the crowd, then it's calmer on the sides? Not really the case here...the whole place was basically one huge mosh pit...then there was the crowd surfing (soooo much crowd surfing!), and the guys from the band would walk up and down the aisle and hug tons of people in the crowd while they sang and played guitar right up against the barricades and in the crowd...it was wild, absolutely amazing, and a truly unique experience...the way that concerts are supposed to be...we all agree that it was the best show we've ever been to...(although mom and I are really glad that we decided against taking Christian back when he was nine! He'd have been squished like a bug! haha) We barely got any pictures from the show while the band was playing, but my brother got one with Matt (the lead singer) which is absolutely priceless...

Let's see, I'm also completely in love right now....I'm rehabilitating a little snake, his name is jellyfish, and I'm having a really hard time releasing him...it's so cold out and he's so little!

And I'm working with my brother on a children's book that he's writing, and I've been getting back to writing and playing music on the side like I used to...anyway, really busy, but I'm so excited to be moving forward...couldn't be happier!!!

I just posted some pictures from some of the things i mentioned above, feel free to take a look :)

I'd love to hear what you guys have been up to lately! :wave:

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Just a little update!

Unread postby tbritting » 28 May 2014 14:26

Good luck with the internship at the studio, Chandra! Sounds pretty exciting with the move to Seattle, just remember though "It can't rain all of the time" :wink: Awesome little snake friend you have, perhaps you may be able to keep him for a while longer? :noclue: Definitely miss you on the other side of the forum though, but sounds like you're having a great time, stay excellent! :rock: :hug:

Daez
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Daez » 28 May 2014 17:33

WOWZA, Chandra! All of that sounds incredible!

All I can really say is best of luck with the internship, and I hope the move to seattle is uneventful (eventful moving sucks!), and that I hope everything works out wonderfully!

Also, cuuuuute re the snake! How'd you end up with him in the first place? And last but not least, happy belated-birthday!!

ColorfulDetonation
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ColorfulDetonation » 28 May 2014 21:52

It's so great to hear everything that you're doing! I wish you all the luck in the world that you get an internship at that recording studio! That'd be such a cool environment to be in :music: If only I could find stuff like that in Nebraska! :laugh:

~Michaela Lee~

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 28 May 2014 22:26

Sounds like you've got some awesome stuff going on, Chandra! Good luck with everything!

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Salvera
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Salvera » 29 May 2014 00:41

Everything sounds so good! Good luck with the internship!

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 29 May 2014 12:51

Wow, sounds like so much fun! :crazy:

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 29 May 2014 16:59

This is completely awesome!!!

Good luck with Seattle!!! :smile: :smile: Such an amazing opportunity!!!!

And I saw your pics on Facebook the other day. (maybe just yesterday? lol) Looked AWESOME!!!!

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

Dominique

Unread postby Dominique » 29 May 2014 19:10

Seattle is such an awesome city!!! (Not bias or anything since my sister & brother-in-law live there ;))

Good luck!!!!!!! :hug:

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Myst » 31 May 2014 03:25

Oh that sounds sooo cool! Best of luck with the internship :) And you know... when you start discovering awesome new bands, I love a good underground rock group, hehe. So if you want to share... :P

I swear if I hadn't chosen my current career field, I probably would have picked something in music, which is a close #2 for me. Maybe concert photography, since I actually did professional photography for a while, hehe.

hamjen
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby hamjen » 31 May 2014 12:47

Sounds amazing. Best of luck to you girl!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 04 Jun 2014 12:21

Sounds like you've got a lot going on...good for you!

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 04 Jun 2014 16:01

Love the update Chandra!! Keep us posted and good luck with everything!

sheffie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sheffie » 04 Jun 2014 17:37

Sounds like an incredible opportunity!

. . . just my fuel for my fire.

RenzoN
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RenzoN » 08 Jun 2014 06:28

Wow that is all so cool Chandra!! Good luck with your internship. Hope you get your own studio later, that would be amazing. I have been playing in a band too lately and still working on new songs, maybe we could record an album in your own studio later :tongue:

04/09/11 Amsterdam - 06/17/11 Haarlem - 06/21/11 Dortmund - 06/22/11 Eindhoven - 09/07/13 Eugene - 09/09/13 San Francisco - 09/11/13 West Hollywood - 09/12/13 Anaheim - 09/13/13 Las Vegas - 04/18/14 Amsterdam - 04/19/14 Paris - 04/21/14 Birmingham - 04/22/14 Manchester - 04/24/14 London

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 15 Jun 2014 07:41

Best of luck with everything. I'm sure your little snake friend is adorable but they really freak me out, so I couldn't even look. lol I was a little jealous that you got to Cage the Elephant. I'm a recent fan, but I'm loving their sound. I think you're the only person, so far, that I know of who even knows who they are. One of the reasons I love the World Crew--it's the one place I can go to where I have something in common with so many people (other than my son!)

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

Return to “Random”