It's going to be okay...

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SAMMUS
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

It's going to be okay...

Unread postby SAMMUS » 01 Aug 2011 04:22

I didn't know where else to post this and I'm sorry if I messed anything up. But I had to say, this explanation of the song "My World" really got to me. :smile:
I suffer from Panic Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
I will have panic attacks randomly sometimes for what seems like NO reason and I've gone through periods of FEAR and sadness... scared of change.
I don't think you know, unless you've experienced this, how good it feels to hear such good advice.
To hear Shim say:
"Fear is the dumbest thing that we've ever created in our minds; its just so stupid... it stands in the way of everything and it achieves nothing"
made me feel confident and brave. I love hearing stuff like this, especially from people I look up to. To know they (or everyone) go through the same feelings, whether it be fear or anxiety, makes me feel like it's going to be okay.
I almost cried, which hurts to admit. Because my panic is so crippling at times, I love having little sayings to tell myself that help me calm down and stop panicking "Fear is the dumbest thing... it stands in the way of everything and it achieves nothing." -Shim Moore-
"Live hard. Live your dream." -Jukka Hilden-
"Live now, pay later." -Jukka Hilden
"When you're old; you don't want to be thinking about the things you didn't do but you do want to be thinking about the things you did do!" -Jarppi Leppälä-
Like basically; don't be afraid to get out and get hurt. You can't hide from life and pain, it will always find you!
http://youtu.be/VufvXngcKGI

<3 Oh and thanks for listening <3

RobDrinksMilk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: It's going to be okay...

Unread postby RobDrinksMilk » 01 Aug 2011 13:14

I hope that you can find a way to cope with your mental illness, things can get better. Change is only possible if you want it. Go for it.

hamjen
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby hamjen » 01 Aug 2011 17:23

I see alot of people with similar issues in my job....the great difference between you and most of them is that you are being honest with yourself and are brave enough to put yourself out there (like you did on the forum).....that's awesome!

I wish you much progress in coping with your anxiety and it does get better!!!!!!

Heeeeeeey, it's gonna be okay!!! :)

:hug:

Jen

SAMMUS
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SAMMUS » 02 Aug 2011 00:00

Adre
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Adre » 02 Aug 2011 04:58

I also deal with these panic attacks sometimes putting me in the fetal position for no reason other than worry over sometimes nothing at all.. Can be pretty embarrassing when I'm around friends / family for them to see. I know how this feels all to well and isn't fun what so ever. It's good that you've found ways to help you cope. My response doesn't merit much help just wanted to let you know that you're not alone out there. :wave:

josiep
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby josiep » 02 Aug 2011 05:20

wish you well recovering....hang in there

no change,no change

SAMMUS
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SAMMUS » 02 Aug 2011 20:23

Starception
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Starception » 14 Feb 2013 19:31

I have panic attacks sometimes as well, sometimes they're minor and other times really horrible.. :crazy:

But it'll always be okay, just find something to do that'll distract your mind. For me, it's posting in forums (mostly on VampireFreaks) and graphic designing. :3

Return to “Random”