What is love?

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CookieMonster24
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

What is love?

Unread postby CookieMonster24 » 21 Apr 2011 21:31

Everyone has a different opinion on love. I'm making this post so i can hear how other people describe it.
Mine would have to be that love at first site that you only see in movies or read in books. Where you only have one real love ever.
What is it to you? Feel free to get all mushy and stuff XD

"I'm not your ordinary girl. When i first came into this world i was born without a heart, in the cold, in the dark. Don't think theres a right solution, people like me are the pollution. There's nothing i don't regret, so listen up close so you don't forget. I think novocaine runs threw veins. I don't know how to love or how to feel..."

summertime<3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What is love?

Unread postby summertime<3 » 22 Apr 2011 07:48

Well.. I had a whole novel written out :laugh: but this quote basically sums it up for me...

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.

Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."

..and i'm drowning in the ashes; kicking, screaming. <3
Dubuque, IA ~ 7/26/2008
Milwaukee, WI ~ 5/21/2010
Peoria, IL ~ 12/10/2010
Waterloo, IA ~ 3/4/2011 <3
Rockford, IL ~ 5/14/2011

Platteville, WI ~ 9/5/2011

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 22 Apr 2011 11:42

summertime<3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby summertime<3 » 22 Apr 2011 15:07

^ It might be? But not that I'm aware of. I think i just typed in love quotes on google a long time ago and came across it..

Dubuque, IA ~ 7/26/2008
Peoria, IL ~ 12/10/2010
Rockford, IL ~ 5/14/2011

justsickpups
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby justsickpups » 22 Apr 2011 22:18

Love is a camouflage... You can't see it but you know it's there. Sometimes we come across it quickly and get easily heart broken and sometimes we wait too long for it and miss the opportunity. I believe that no matter what happens there will always be somebody/someone that will love you for who you are and not for how you look, dress, etc. :smile:

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 25 Apr 2011 15:07

I think that there is the one person out there who will truly make you happy and they'll be able to do it for the rest of your life. They're your true love. Whenever your together you cant help but be happy. (Unless of course your dog just died or any other sort of traumatic experience. But even then they can still cheer you up a little.) Love is just happiness made especially wrapped up in a different person, but still everyone has problems, so you have to work to be with them or stay with them or keep them out of trouble, but in the end it will all be worth it.*

(WARNING: this was all type after my boyfriend told me how great I am and we had a wonderful conversation that made me laugh at numerous times. I'm still smiling. Anyways all things stated may not be true cuz I'm just so happy with my life and everything right now so yeah... :smile: )

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Kairi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kairi » 27 Apr 2011 04:17

Most people say that love is just a feeling only you know how it feels. I thing there's more behind it. Right now I'm in a relationship for 2 years and we have our rocky moments. Though we have some troubles we are still together and fighting through our down moments and if you don't say that that is love you're wrong.

Love isn't just a feeling, it's everything behind the feeling

Never change, just be happy with who you are

summertime<3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby summertime<3 » 28 Apr 2011 19:17

Dubuque, IA ~ 7/26/2008
Peoria, IL ~ 12/10/2010
Rockford, IL ~ 5/14/2011

Stheno
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stheno » 29 Apr 2011 16:30

Love is hard to describe I think, but the only way to explain it is how I feel about my fiance.

When I think about him I get a smile on my face, and the same when I look over at him. We have our rocky moments but we sort them out and he sticks by me when I say nasty things to hurt him :( Whenever I am upset he comforts me :D I can't bare to be far away from him and I will finish an 8 hour shift and go into his work to see him, even though I live with him! Love makes you feel like this: :crazy:

You liar go f*ck yourself
So listen to your heart
And help your dreams, to come true

http://www.facebook.com/mosher.bunny

Starception
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Starception » 14 Feb 2013 19:40

What is love? Baby don't hurt me.
Sorry, I had to. XD

Love is when you can't see yourself without that person. They may get on your nerves sometimes but despite that you can't and don't want to be without them.

Return to “Random”