What are you reading?

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What are you reading?

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 28 Dec 2012 06:34

Got The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for Christmas, got through book one and on 'The Restaurant at The End of the Universe'

Hedgehogs for days

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patrickdron » 18 Jan 2013 12:16

Schooled by Deena Bright it's like Fifty Shades of Grey meets a love story.

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby *J* » 05 Feb 2013 13:22

Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman & Jay Bonansinga. It is crazy! If you like the show Walking Dead, this is a good history of the Governor.

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patrickdron » 11 Feb 2013 14:17

finished up Schooled by Deena Bright, which was pretty good considering it was a combination of 50 Shades of Grey and something written by Chelsea Handler.
now onto Miracle: the Saga of Bobby Allison and the Alabama Gang, by Peter Goldenbock.

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 11 Feb 2013 17:06

A little while back I read a book called 'Briar Rose' by Jane Yolen, an interesting spin on the Holocaust.
And I just finished reading the first Beautiful Creatures book, (I'm such a supernatural romance nerd :P) now I need the other three books...I'm still on the fence about whether or not to watch the movie though...

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 11 Feb 2013 17:18

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 11 Feb 2013 17:31

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 11 Feb 2013 17:38

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

Starception
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Starception » 14 Feb 2013 17:24

The Savage Grace by Bree Despain <3

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 18 Feb 2013 15:06

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

Hedgehogs for days

risenreturn

Unread postby risenreturn » 21 Feb 2013 22:19

LotR: Fellowship of The Ring

I kinda got into needing to reading the series after The Hobbit came out, the found a box set for $20. Now that I'm on the bigger series, It's not moving as quickly. I;mm only about 100 pages through... They managed to fit a movie out of 100 pages of the Hobbit!

katie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby katie » 22 Feb 2013 08:57

I just read Titus Andronicus by Shakespeare. It's such a messed up, gory play and I loved it!

kakugori
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kakugori » 24 Feb 2013 18:44

Since the last time I posted, I've finished Green, the sequel called Endurance, and the last book in the series, Kalimpura. Love these.

Also devoured the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books. I read the last one, Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest cover to cover in one night. I didn't like them too well at first, more tell than show, but the further I got the more I liked them.

Now I'm reading Anne Rice's The Feast of All Saints. I've read all the Vampire Chronicles and the Mayfair Witches, and decided to pick this one up since I haven't read it before.

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patrickdron » 28 Feb 2013 09:12

Devious Seduction by Virgina Wade

dulcecorazon98
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dulcecorazon98 » 28 Jun 2013 18:09

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Washington Irving/ Gris Grimly.

I found my collection of Gris Grimly books and found a book of his that I haven't read so I decided to read it!
:smile:

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patrickdron » 01 Jul 2013 05:21

since I last posted in this particular thread the book I'm currently reading is: Camelot and Vine by Petrea Burchard

kakugori
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kakugori » 01 Jul 2013 18:12

I just finished up The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and I think it's my new favorite book. I wanna go to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books!

Before that, I re-read all of the Sandman and Lucifer.

Now, reading Blackdog by KV Johansen.

patrickdron
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby patrickdron » 11 Jul 2013 13:24

now reading: Schooled II (The Final Lesson Plan, Smutless version) by Deena Bright

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 11 Jul 2013 16:26

Hedgehogs for days

erameline
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby erameline » 12 Jul 2013 12:00

I recently read the Gone series by Michael Grant. It's YA and it's probably geared towards folks a bit younger than me, but that's the beauty of the YA genre-- it doesn't matter.

Anyway, Michael Grant is one of my favorite authors (along with his wife, K.A. Applegate), and these books did not let me down. Grant does... realism... SO WELL. One of the best things I liked about Animorphs (which he collaborated on back in the day) is that it didn't shelter anyone from the harsh realities of the world. People do bad things. You face it, you deal with it-- or you don't. He doesn't shy away from things like PTSD and it's honestly so refreshing to see a character-- multiple characters-- dealing with real-world issues in a real-world way.

Also, I love the way he and KA write female characters. They do it so well that you don't even notice how good it is, and that's the way it should be. You don't write a Strong Female Character by writing a boy's part and giving it a girl's name. No. You allow her to be feminine in all the right places and strong in a perfect way. Ahh, I don't know how to describe it. Which is why it's SO GOOD. You can tell when female characters suck and this is NOT THAT.

Anyway, I run a book blog, and although I haven't quite gotten my GONE review up yet, you can see what else I've been reading. :)

http://analaithe-books.com

Right now I'm reading the Sailor Moon manga, which... lol I probably won't end up reviewing. :P But Neil Gaiman's latest, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, is next on my list.

Return to “Random”