2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
User avatar
stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6685
Joined: 17 Jan 2010 07:11
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Contact:

2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby stephb » 31 Dec 2015 21:37

So now that it is 2016 (or almost - about 20 minutes for me lol), I was wondering if you had any New Year's resolutions?

I read something on Facebook about how many people have resolutions and never stick to them. While I do believe that to be true, I still like making a few in hopes of a "better" year than the previous. So for me, I try to make realistic ones or ones with realistic obtainable goals. So mine are:

1) Rock out to as many concerts as possible.
2) Journal (I am hoping that this is a way that I will be able to deal with some things that have happened/are happening and be able to get my feelings out and not keep things bottled up.)
3) Create a plan to keep my genealogy organized, my rules followed, and keep things documented.
4) REALLY work a new business I started and stay positive and focused on it (and hopefully make some money).
5) Find a new full time job that makes me happy (and hopefully pays the bills with some left to spare).


Steph

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
vegawriters
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 776
Joined: 08 Sep 2014 17:18
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby vegawriters » 01 Jan 2016 22:55

I make a million resolutions every year, but the ones I did this year are worth sticking to -

#1 - write 1500 words a day. I have a year end goal of 500K. Today, right now, at 11:53, I'm at ... 263. Ooooops.
#2 - Write one short story a day and finish the novel I'm working on.
#3 - Get my music writing underway again. A lot fell by the wayside at the end of 2015.
#4 - Journal. (I feel you on this Steph!) And I did it this morning and it felt fantastic.
#5 - Walk 3 miles a day or bike 6 miles a day. I did neither today but I had a legit excuse of throwing out my back. But I did get out and play with the dog. :P

I've got a couple of others, but they all tie into the ones up there.

Good luck on yours, Steph! I know how hard they are to live in to.


Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Image
Image

Image

User avatar
Sirenesong
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 243
Joined: 26 Mar 2014 22:45
Location: Sandnes, Norway

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby Sirenesong » 03 Jan 2016 12:48

Right now I'm working on downloading apps and signing up on the local gym with my friends... Christmas really hit me hard :laugh: :crazy:


Be the change you want to see in the world
Image

User avatar
vegawriters
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 776
Joined: 08 Sep 2014 17:18
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby vegawriters » 03 Jan 2016 17:22

Sirenesong wrote:Right now I'm working on downloading apps and signing up on the local gym with my friends... Christmas really hit me hard :laugh: :crazy:


I ... got on the scale this morning.

This might have been a very bad idea.


Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Image
Image

Image

youngblood4918
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Dec 2015 18:58

Re: New Years Resolutions

Unread postby youngblood4918 » 10 Jan 2016 19:08

My new year's resolution is to be a more responsible person. This includes reading everyday, being a cleaner person, and not forgetting to take my vitamins every morning with breakfast. I know these sound like simple things, but sometimes the things that are the most simple are the easiest to forget. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great 2016!



cheetofreak82
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 151
Joined: 18 Dec 2013 07:36
Location: Illinois/St.Louis Area

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby cheetofreak82 » 11 Jan 2016 13:54

stephb wrote:So now that it is 2016 (or almost - about 20 minutes for me lol), I was wondering if you had any New Year's resolutions?

I read something on Facebook about how many people have resolutions and never stick to them. While I do believe that to be true, I still like making a few in hopes of a "better" year than the previous. So for me, I try to make realistic ones or ones with realistic obtainable goals. So mine are:

1) Rock out to as many concerts as possible.
2) Journal (I am hoping that this is a way that I will be able to deal with some things that have happened/are happening and be able to get my feelings out and not keep things bottled up.)
3) Create a plan to keep my genealogy organized, my rules followed, and keep things documented.
4) REALLY work a new business I started and stay positive and focused on it (and hopefully make some money).
5) Find a new full time job that makes me happy (and hopefully pays the bills with some left to spare).




I would totally have to agree with #5. It sucks paying bills and having nothing left over!


Image

User avatar
Sirenesong
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 243
Joined: 26 Mar 2014 22:45
Location: Sandnes, Norway

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby Sirenesong » 12 Jan 2016 07:00

vegawriters wrote:
Sirenesong wrote:Right now I'm working on downloading apps and signing up on the local gym with my friends... Christmas really hit me hard :laugh: :crazy:


I ... got on the scale this morning.

This might have been a very bad idea.


Hahah, know this one!

I've binged so much cookies, and I've just been laying in my bed for a month because I have an inflammation in my leg, and somehow I've lost two kilos....

I think it's lying to make me feel better, but I don't mind :biggrin:


Be the change you want to see in the world
Image

User avatar
NickyToons
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador
Posts: 1061
Joined: 01 Feb 2011 12:01
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby NickyToons » 14 Jan 2016 01:56

How are everyone's New Year resolutions going here? :)

I don't really believe in New Year's resolutions, but I do believe in goals, so a few months ago I set myself some goals for the new year and got a little head start on them.
One of my goals is to run my first marathon this year (hopefully two and then be done with it for the rest of my life :laugh: ) and I've been training very hard to reach this goal, which also makes me help toward my other goal of being more healthy and fit.
Not only do I want to grow and train my body, another goal is to focus on my mind, and deal better with for example stressful situations and moments in life. Another goal which will support this goal is that I started a decluttering process in my house and only keep the things important to me, so I'm not constantly trying to tidy my house.

I have some more, but I think these are my main goals I am working on right now. The reason I don't believe in New Year's resolutions is that once people loose track in the beginning it's very demotivating to keep them up. I think it's completely ok to have weaker moments, it doesn't mean we fail, it means we can realize this and keep trying and makes us stronger.

I wish you all good luck and hope you reach the goals you want to reach this year!


NickyToons * Twitter * Facebook

Image

01/30/11 Sheffield (UK) * 04/06/11 Cologne (GER) * 04/09/11 Amsterdam (NL)
06/17/11 Haarlem (NL) * 06/21/11 Dortmund (GER) * 06/22/11 Eindhoven (NL)
04/15/14 Cologne (GER) * 04/18/14 Amsterdam (NL) * 04/19/14 Paris (FR)

User avatar
sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador
Posts: 410
Joined: 19 Aug 2013 08:00
Location: Reading, PA
Contact:

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby sickestpup » 15 Jan 2016 06:52

2015 brought a lot of memories good and bad but I'm ready to look forward.

1: Get stronger, faster, and better at hockey.
2: Try, and I mean really really try to be happy despite my situation.
3: Play more live shows.
4: Support SP like I have before, and always will.


I don't wanna make too many resolutions because I won't stick to them lol.



User avatar
Cora
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2835
Joined: 22 Aug 2010 20:51
Location: Okoboji, IA
Contact:

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby Cora » 19 Jan 2016 08:33

We're doing Biggest Loser at work for the first 12 weeks of the year, and I'm taking it seriously. I would love to get back down to where I was my senior year of high school. I think this will be a great jumping off point.

Also, I'm making the resolution to not drink soda this year. I had one the other day as a reward for not having soda for a week and I certainly didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. That's a good sign, right? ;)
Except if there's booze in it. Then I'll drink it now and then. #Priorities


Image
Image

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavidImage :sp: Always in our hearts

User avatar
Dominique
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1628
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 22:24
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby Dominique » 26 Feb 2016 19:48

I am working onto getting healthier and getting my thyroid under control :)


Image



AOM: 09.14 * 09.15 * 04.16
Upcoming Shows:
04.30.17
Awesome Shows:
12.08.16 * 09.26.16 * 05.01.16 * 04.30.16 * 04.29.16 ~ 08.07.14 * 07.27.14 * 05.25.14 * 03.10.14 ~ 12.13.13 * 09.03.13 * 09.02.13 ~ 10.13.12 ~ 04.21.11 ~ 10.30.10 * 05.14.10 * 05.13.10 * 05.12.10 ~ 09.09.09


#2016forDavid Image #begin

User avatar
NickyToons
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador
Posts: 1061
Joined: 01 Feb 2011 12:01
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby NickyToons » 29 Feb 2016 08:39

I think getting healthier is always a good goal to have, good luck girls!

I noticed becoming a vegetarian really helped on on that part too, because I am more aware of what I eat to get the right nutrition I also more often pick a healthier option.


NickyToons * Twitter * Facebook

Image

01/30/11 Sheffield (UK) * 04/06/11 Cologne (GER) * 04/09/11 Amsterdam (NL)
06/17/11 Haarlem (NL) * 06/21/11 Dortmund (GER) * 06/22/11 Eindhoven (NL)
04/15/14 Cologne (GER) * 04/18/14 Amsterdam (NL) * 04/19/14 Paris (FR)

User avatar
Cora
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2835
Joined: 22 Aug 2010 20:51
Location: Okoboji, IA
Contact:

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby Cora » 29 Feb 2016 14:08

NickyToons wrote:I think getting healthier is always a good goal to have, good luck girls!

I noticed becoming a vegetarian really helped on on that part too, because I am more aware of what I eat to get the right nutrition I also more often pick a healthier option.


Definitely agreed. :) I'm not a vegetarian, but I've pretty much weeded out all the red meat and now stick to chicken and fish. I feel so much better and have dropped 30 pounds so far! Still more to go.

This weekend was mom's birthday and mine is the 2nd, so we went to Sioux Falls and I let myself pig out yesterday. So much regret now. I feel like craaaap!


Image
Image

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavidImage :sp: Always in our hearts

User avatar
NickyToons
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador
Posts: 1061
Joined: 01 Feb 2011 12:01
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby NickyToons » 01 Mar 2016 08:00

That's amazing Cora, I'm happy for you! :) And it's ok to let yourself pig out so now and then, haha!

It's the life changes that can get you far, and after getting some used to it it's not even hard anymore to keep up with.
I always thought going vegetarian would be hard, but it's so much easier as I thought it would be. I hope it's easier during my 3 week trip through the States though. I know a lot of places where you go out to eat aren't really focussed on vegetarians.. so that will be interesting!


NickyToons * Twitter * Facebook

Image

01/30/11 Sheffield (UK) * 04/06/11 Cologne (GER) * 04/09/11 Amsterdam (NL)
06/17/11 Haarlem (NL) * 06/21/11 Dortmund (GER) * 06/22/11 Eindhoven (NL)
04/15/14 Cologne (GER) * 04/18/14 Amsterdam (NL) * 04/19/14 Paris (FR)

User avatar
Cora
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2835
Joined: 22 Aug 2010 20:51
Location: Okoboji, IA
Contact:

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby Cora » 03 Mar 2016 19:53

NickyToons wrote:That's amazing Cora, I'm happy for you! :) And it's ok to let yourself pig out so now and then, haha!

It's the life changes that can get you far, and after getting some used to it it's not even hard anymore to keep up with.
I always thought going vegetarian would be hard, but it's so much easier as I thought it would be. I hope it's easier during my 3 week trip through the States though. I know a lot of places where you go out to eat aren't really focussed on vegetarians.. so that will be interesting!


Thanks!! :smile: :smile: Yeah, I keep reminding myself that so long as I go back to being good right away, it'll be just fine. Instead of 'Oh crap, well screw everything now...' lol!

Ooh, yeah it could be difficult in the states, BUT it seems like bigger cities are much better at realizing not everyone wants beef on everything. (I live in livestock country - if you don't eat meat your betraying your roots - whaaaaatever). You'll be fine though. You can always find something or tell them to leave out the meat. Something I need to remember. :P


Image
Image

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavidImage :sp: Always in our hearts

User avatar
aznprincessesa
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador
Posts: 310
Joined: 07 Oct 2012 14:37
Location: Keizer, OR
Contact:

Re: 2016 New Year's Resolutions?

Unread postby aznprincessesa » 18 Aug 2016 05:26

I made a simple resolution this year and that was to enroll in at least 5 5k races this year. Examples like the Bubble Run or the Color Run... well life happened and I didn't enroll for anything this year... :noclue: There's always next year right??


:sp: "You can't regret what you don't decide." :rock:


Image
Image


Return to “Random”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest