What are you doing right now?

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
Myst
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Re: What are you doing right now?

Unread postby Myst » 21 Jun 2017 10:03

stephb wrote:
Myst wrote:So last week at work, I gave my formal notice that I'm leaving at the end of July... and I've since been sitting back and watching them literally panic at the thought of trying to fill my spot, hahahaha. I work a lot of hours and love to pick up OT shifts just for the 2x money. (So freaking expensive to live here, hence why I'm leaving)

A lot of it is their own doing... the shift I work is staffed with three FTE's, one left two years ago and they took a solid six months to even post the position as available... then hire and train their chosen candidate, who is still not fully trained, but wouldn't you know they've hurried her right along in the last week, haha.

Feels so weird to be excited about moving... because I HATE moving... but I'll be glad to be out of this place and all its ridiculous drama!

Are you moving within town or somewhere else since you mentioned the cost of living?

Moving out of state actually, down to Albany NY. The only downside of what I do for a living... there aren't too many places in a given town I can work, so if I change jobs it often does mean a decent move. Don't get me wrong, I do like this city... it's beautiful and there are certainly things about it that I will miss, but the money is ridiculous. And I hate my job here because of incompetent overly-dramatic coworkers and some very moronic policies, so.

On another plus side though... Albany actually has a really good music scene. That's where I end up driving to now for most of my shows, and now it'll be in my backyard! The house I'm renting is only 5 minutes away from my favorite local venue, haha. And a much shorter hop to my favorite Worcester and Boston (MA) venues.

ImageImage

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 21 Jun 2017 15:38

Myst wrote:
stephb wrote:
Myst wrote:So last week at work, I gave my formal notice that I'm leaving at the end of July... and I've since been sitting back and watching them literally panic at the thought of trying to fill my spot, hahahaha. I work a lot of hours and love to pick up OT shifts just for the 2x money. (So freaking expensive to live here, hence why I'm leaving)

A lot of it is their own doing... the shift I work is staffed with three FTE's, one left two years ago and they took a solid six months to even post the position as available... then hire and train their chosen candidate, who is still not fully trained, but wouldn't you know they've hurried her right along in the last week, haha.

Feels so weird to be excited about moving... because I HATE moving... but I'll be glad to be out of this place and all its ridiculous drama!

Are you moving within town or somewhere else since you mentioned the cost of living?

Moving out of state actually, down to Albany NY. The only downside of what I do for a living... there aren't too many places in a given town I can work, so if I change jobs it often does mean a decent move. Don't get me wrong, I do like this city... it's beautiful and there are certainly things about it that I will miss, but the money is ridiculous. And I hate my job here because of incompetent overly-dramatic coworkers and some very moronic policies, so.

On another plus side though... Albany actually has a really good music scene. That's where I end up driving to now for most of my shows, and now it'll be in my backyard! The house I'm renting is only 5 minutes away from my favorite local venue, haha. And a much shorter hop to my favorite Worcester and Boston (MA) venues.

That really sucks that people are like that at work. It is good though the music scene will be better and closer. Good luck with the move and new job.

Steph

Myst
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Myst » 21 Jun 2017 15:46

Thanks!

ImageImage

vegawriters

Unread postby vegawriters » 22 Jun 2017 08:01

I'm SSSOOOO glad for you!!!! OMG.

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Myst
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Myst » 08 Jul 2017 07:01

vegawriters wrote:

I'm SSSOOOO glad for you!!!! OMG.

Oh man, so much drama has ensued since. They were *so* mad that I wouldn't extend my last day to cover one last full weekend at the end of July. I'd given my last day as that Friday not really realizing that was my weekend to work... oh well. I don't want to work it and I don't have to! Plus an opportunity for a small concert-roadie to NJ/MA came up for that weekend.... so. Priorities :P That full weekend slot on the schedule has already had one opening for going on two years because it was never filled when the last person left, so now it has 0/2 required people... but the way I see it they totally did that to themselves by never filling the other FT spot sooooo not really my problem.

ImageImage

Return to “Random”