Locks of Love

Something you're itching to say that just doesn't fit anywhere else? By all means, don't hold back. Share it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Locks of Love

Unread postby chandra » 06 Nov 2012 15:54

Hey everybody,
We've got such a charitable bunch here, I figured I'd share this with you guys! :biggrin:

WHAT IS LOCKS OF LOVE?
Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. We meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics. Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure. The prostheses we provide help to restore their self-esteem and their confidence, enabling them to face the world and their peers.

MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to return a sense of self, confidence and normalcy to children suffering from hair loss by utilizing donated ponytails to provide the highest quality hair prosthetics to financially disadvantaged children. The children receive hair prostheses free of charge or on a sliding scale, based on financial need.

I've been donating to locks of love for about five years now :)
Please give it a shot or tell your friends!

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Locks of Love

Unread postby *J* » 06 Nov 2012 16:39

Awwww, that is so awesome!!

Return to “Random”