Soooo.... I've been painting again. (IMG HEAVY)

Write poems? Songs? Draw? Share your creative visions here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Daez
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Soooo.... I've been painting again. (IMG HEAVY)

Unread postby Daez » 12 Mar 2014 20:10

I saw a picture online awhile back that I fell in love with, and I decided to paint it onto a canvas and hang it in my bedroom. It's still most definitely a work in progress, but... nobody else (not even my facebook haha!) has gotten to see this yet but I figured why not share, so.... here ya go!

Alright, so... as I said, I saw this picture that I loved. But when I decided to paint it, I decided to paint it BIG. I wanted a 4x4 foot canvas to do it on... and any that I found that even came close to that size were all (YEOWZA!) expensive. So... I said "forget this" (in less polite language), and decided to make one myself.

So to start, I had to find some wood. Thankfully my folks' garage had a spare cut from one of their latest builds leftover! And then... I needed a saw...

Fingers and limbs in tact? YES!

And then to put 'er together....!

And now... canvas!

Three coats of Gesso and several days of drying, and I had a blank canvas (that was almost as tall as me!)

Originally, I'd wanted to do something rainbow-y as I'm rather obsessed with those. Unfortunately, it didn't work out well. AT. ALL.

So... I had to start over, and this time it turned out a lot better, I think.

And then it was time to put the design on! (hah, you can see the prayer bench my folks made that I was painting for them, on the left, too lol)

And it's slowly taking shape and coming together! Here's the final "progression" picture, as of last night:

I've got the outer border all penciled in, and then I've got the corners to fill in, but... I'm really pretty pleased with it so far! It's not EXACTLY like the one I saw and loved, but... that's ok, it's got a bit of my own twist on it, haha.

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Soooo.... I've been painting again. (IMG HEAVY)

Unread postby Rose » 13 Mar 2014 14:34

That is very cool. How much did that much canvas cost? I love painting too but art supplies so soooo expensive.

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Daez
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Daez » 13 Mar 2014 14:38

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 13 Mar 2014 14:45

Nice job! :rock:

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

Daez
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Daez » 13 Mar 2014 14:54

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 17 May 2014 22:22

That's amazing! Great work!

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby tbritting » 18 May 2014 05:53

Looks amazing so far! :rock:

Daez
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Daez » 18 May 2014 07:33

Thanks guys!

Due to heading to Florida I've not gotten much more done on it haha. I need to whip myself into gear and get it finished, though! :crazy:

jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jackvegas » 18 May 2014 10:18

Excellent work.

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 18 May 2014 21:27

This is SO cool!!!! And the whole making-your-own-canvas thing - absolutely brilliant and makes it all the cooler!!!

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

Return to “Inspired”