Artist Review: "Under a Very Black Sky"

Write poems? Songs? Draw? Share your creative visions here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sicklucidpainter
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Artist Review: "Under a Very Black Sky"

Unread postby sicklucidpainter » 26 Jul 2013 19:30

So back when I saw the contest to review "Connect", I really only could think about trying to accomplish by drawing it. Even if it doesn't make the contest, it really was the only way I could see doing it.

So I started this and wanted to produce it using my watercolors. Sadly, I lost those somewhere in the mess of my house (I still can't find therm). So for two days this sat uncolored and tortured me because all I wanted was to finish it.

Then at a random thought at 4am (why I was up I still can't tell you) I watered down some acrylics and went to work. I was amazed to get any kind of depth with just black acrylic. But in the end I'm happy with the final product.

The characters are my own original creations, Tobias and Katarina. I would go more in depth with them, but honestly I don't know where to start with their story. So instead of boring everyone with an attempt to explain them, they can just be the faces for the image as I originally intended them to be

"not knowing everything is all that makes it okay....sometimes" ~Katarina Maxwell

Finally saw the puppies ~*Fete Ballroom Providence RI, 08-09-2013*~

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Artist Review: "Under a Very Black Sky"

Unread postby dlcramer » 27 Jul 2013 06:58

This is awesome. Unfortunately that contest is for doing a review on itunes which would be cool if it allowed a graphic review. If you want to do it, I recommend doing a review based on how the songs inspire you in your art.

sicklucidpainter
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sicklucidpainter » 27 Jul 2013 07:50

"not knowing everything is all that makes it okay....sometimes" ~Katarina Maxwell

Finally saw the puppies ~*Fete Ballroom Providence RI, 08-09-2013*~

jkennedy219
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jkennedy219 » 09 Aug 2013 05:19

my sister is awsome inspired me to write[color=#00FF00]my album nw if i was rich i could produce it haha[/color]

Return to “Inspired”