Why do I try?

Write poems? Songs? Draw? Share your creative visions here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Skinwalker
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Why do I try?

Unread postby Skinwalker » 05 Sep 2012 18:23

This is something I wrote while in yearbook class. It was for an English assignment to use a lot of figurative language. Its for my friend and his toxic girlfriend. Hope you enjoy it.

To be with you I fight demons and throw snakes away. I rip the vampire from your neck and hold you in my arms. You just want to cry but I never let you shed a tear. "Follow your heart," I once said. Your heart led you back to the vampire and back into her wicked ways. She sucked the life out of you and you are now only a shell. Today you smiled for once in a while. Sometimes when reality hits you hard you need a hit to the head. Late at night I ask myself why do I try? Why do I try to get you to realize what you've been seeing? I'm done trying and I know that you'll come crawling back. I'm going to watch as the house you've built on the shifting sand comes crumbling down. Next time find someone who is as solid as a rock. When she leaves you ask yourself, why did I try?

Lose your pride, lose your patience, lose your mind. But whatever the case may be, NEVER LOSE HOPE!
SMILE!!! Let everyone know you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday
Sometimes what holds you together & what tears you apart are the SAME things!

Shows so far (Just starting): 5/4/2013

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Why do I try?

Unread postby chandra » 06 Sep 2012 13:53

wow, that sounds really cool :rock:

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

sh4ms
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby sh4ms » 07 Sep 2012 02:52

gnarly dude, keep it up :biggrin:

Skinwalker
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Skinwalker » 08 Sep 2012 20:42

Thanks :smile: I think the guy this is for may be a member and if he is he'll know its for him. I just thought that someone out there would relate to this...

Lose your pride, lose your patience, lose your mind. But whatever the case may be, NEVER LOSE HOPE!
SMILE!!! Let everyone know you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday
Sometimes what holds you together & what tears you apart are the SAME things!

Shows so far (Just starting): 5/4/2013

Return to “Inspired”