Shadows in the Spotlight

Write poems? Songs? Draw? Share your creative visions here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vegawriters

Shadows in the Spotlight

Unread postby vegawriters » 25 Feb 2017 08:41

Confession: for most of my adult life, I've been writing stories about rock stars. Hell, for my teenage life too I'm sure. So, eventually I figured I'd write a book! I've written two - and one is now available as a serial novel up on my patreon page.

Check it out:

Like with so many bands, it happened in a smoky bar in Los Angeles; in 1981, four men joined forces and changed the face and sound of heavy metal. Prog rockers with a grinding sound, lyrics that demanded thought, and band members who defied convention. They were openly gay and bisexual. They were dying.

Twenty years later, Marc Gadling ruled the music world. Time Machine survived the 80’s, navigated the 90’s and was pushing full steam ahead into the new millennium. Despite losing his longtime lover and founding member of the band to AIDS, he’d come through, securing custody of his son from Luke’s and meeting someone who, for the first time since Jared’s death made him feel whole again. But then, the world stopped spinning when a test came back with a single word that changed everything: positive. Three years after his diagnosis, Marc was dead from AIDS related pneumonia and lesions on the brain.

Shadows in the Spotlight pits young musicians in Los Angeles against an increasingly dichotomous culture; acceptance and subculture on the left and the rise of government sponsored censorship on the right. It is the story of a single father, a recovering drug addict, queer men surviving in the hyper-masculine metal world and the women who changed their lives.

The full story here:

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shadows in the Spotlight

Unread postby stephb » 03 Mar 2017 16:12

Steph

vegawriters

Re: Shadows in the Spotlight

Unread postby vegawriters » 04 Mar 2017 22:26

That'll be $10 a month. ;)

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Inspired”