Great Expectations BBC Mini-Series

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Great Expectations BBC Mini-Series

Unread postby chandra » 13 Mar 2014 18:27

Great Expectations BBC Mini-Series (2011)...

Does anyone else here adore this as much as I do?!
There's a public station I get that plays it a lot (usually in the middle of the night... :noclue: ), so I watch it every time it comes on TV, and each time I'm just amazed by how well done it is! There are a few parts from the book that I wish they'd kept, but overall, I think it really captures the feeling of the original story and accurately portrays the scenes included...and visually it's just stunning...the dialogue properly tributes the original writing (without being stale or predictable like some adaptations of classics, it infuses the perfect balance of interpretation and respect to the original), I think the casting is fantastic (and of course it comes with the lovely added bonus of two and a half hours of Douglas Booth's beautiful cheekbones :drool: ...)
...Anyway, I'm just extremely impressed with the whole production...If you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out!

I really need to buy a copy at some point instead of waiting for it to randomly come on TV at 2am :laugh:

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”