Face/Off

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Face/Off

Unread postby aquarius215 » 11 Oct 2013 07:53

Anyone else watching Face/Off on Syfy? It's one of the few things on that channel that is worth watching. It's a competition for make-up artists. Every week is a new challenge. It's pretty cool to watch their ideas come to life.

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
Don't let someone tell you you're no one...Odd One
What's inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view
Where did the time go? Hell if I know
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Face/Off

Unread postby chandra » 11 Oct 2013 11:36

Aww I love watching this show! Those people are amazingly talented, it's so inspiring, especially this time of year! :evillaugh:
Last October, I started playing around with different makeup techniques after watching this show...I made this out of water, cornstarch, cocoa powder and fake blood! So fun!

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 11 Oct 2013 19:25

I. Friggen. Love. This show.
One of the small parts of it that makes me happy is that they're not as angry at each other like on other competition shows where people fight all the time and junk. Excluding the two most recent episodes, I guess. I hope this isn't a thing SyFy is doing to the show now, the lack of on-screen angst is half the reason I like this show.
The other half is the fact that it's about character design. Making up original characters is like my hobby, and it's gotten improved ever since I started watching FaceOff. I can't come up with anything near elaborate as they do, though- and I'm sure as hey-ho not a sculptor XD

Hedgehogs for days

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 12 Oct 2013 09:05

Do you have a favorite to win? I think Tate deserves it. Of course I thought that last time...

crochetmama215@yahoo.com
I tried to be someone else, but nothing seemed to change. I know now this is who I really am inside.

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 12 Oct 2013 16:11

Hedgehogs for days

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 17 Oct 2013 18:47

Hey Chandra
That pic is so gross(but in a good way). I think you have some potential. Any plans to design a costume for Halloween?

crochetmama215@yahoo.com

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 18 Oct 2013 13:58

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

Nicky_Angel
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Nicky_Angel » 18 Oct 2013 14:57

I love this show!
I watched every single season and I made all my friends watch it too and now we are all addicted!

Although I have to say that I feel this season is not as good as the ones before
I feel like the topics they choose are not that interesting and that the final makeups are disappointing
and also this season I really disagree with the judges a lot, esp on top looks and safes, I feel like they are over looking amazing work and rewarding mediocrity

I don't care, no I wouldn't dare, To fix the twist in you

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 20 Oct 2013 08:46

You have a point about the judges. I didn't really see the funny in Tate's ghost make-up but I thought it was well done. I have to admit that I did agree with the judges this wee, though. Roy's make-up was the only one that I thought actually was funny. I mean, come on, that lower face was hysterical!

crochetmama215@yahoo.com

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 20 Oct 2013 09:30

I guess I'm going to have to start watching this show! Sounds really cool!

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 01 Nov 2013 16:03

I LOVE this show. I've always been a huge fan of movie make-up/effects, so it's always cool watching what these artists create. I don't have cable and haven't been keeping up with the current season though.......... :confused:

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 01 Nov 2013 16:51

Hedgehogs for days

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 01 Nov 2013 16:58

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 01 Nov 2013 19:12

I's so happy for Tate that he made it to the finale. He deserved it. I thinkLaura will be his toughest competition.

crochetmama215@yahoo.com

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 05 Nov 2013 18:36

I had never heard of this show until I saw you guys post in this thread about it. They had a marathon today and I'm totally hooked. :rock:

Nicky_Angel
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Nicky_Angel » 07 Nov 2013 05:46

I really disliked this season, all the previous seasons were SO good and this season I really felt like they chose boring ideas for the challenges, didn't really bring interesting judges and I really didn't agree with most of their choices for best/worst looksץ
I felt bad for tate that he didn't get to win (again) but Laura was really better at the end.
Hoping that next season will be better

I don't care, no I wouldn't dare, To fix the twist in you

Julie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Julie » 09 Nov 2013 11:05

My theory is as such....70 year-olds of today swing dance at weddings, so at 70 we'll be moshing and head banging in walkers to Rage.

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 10 Nov 2013 04:50

I'm disappointed that Tate didn't win. I think the judges got it wrong. In my opinion, Tate's design showed the transformation from girl to swan better than Laura's. But, I wasn't a judge, so I guess it doesn't really matter much.

crochetmama215@yahoo.com

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 13 Nov 2013 18:15

For anyone who's interested, I just saw a commercial on SyFy that there's a new season of Face/Off starting in January. Can't wait!

crochetmama215@yahoo.com

aquarius215
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby aquarius215 » 18 Jan 2014 04:17

Anyone catch the season premiere on 114?

crochetmama215@yahoo.com

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”