Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Unread postby *J* » 25 Sep 2013 09:45

Did anyone else watch this last night? I loved The Avengers and Joss Whedon alway rocks! I liked the special effects and connot wait to get to know the characters. I will be tuning in next week for more laughs and adventure.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Unread postby Cassie » 30 Sep 2013 07:44

I didn't get to watch it live but I watched it the next day and I think I'm probably biased but I loved it. It's definitely got the potential to be an amazing show with Joss behind the wheel. And everyone was shocked to learn Coulson would be in it...like HELLO! have you seen ANYTHING Joss has ever done???

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby *J* » 30 Sep 2013 07:59

Yes!! I thought it was really funny too...Joss always has humor...even if it is a little twisted!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 30 Sep 2013 08:01

And all of the Avengers references made me super happy. Plus the Joss actors...I was geeking out a bit.

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 30 Sep 2013 08:11

Yeah, when I saw "Gunn", I was so happy! I absolutely loved Angel! Buffy is my favorite tv show of all time so I am a huge Whedon fan!

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 30 Sep 2013 08:46

Mine too! And I love Firefly so when Shepherd Book came on sceen I could barely contain myself. I can't wait to see if he steals anyone else. Fingers crossed for Amy Acker.... :biggrin:

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 30 Sep 2013 08:49

I was so sad when Firefly went off the air. One season was not enough!

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 30 Sep 2013 09:52

OH my god I loved this show. Looks like its going to be funny and twisted.
And did anyone else make the connection that Lola was Stark's flying car 2.0 from captain america (I saw it on tumblr)
I just love the way the marvel universe is tied together like that.

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 01 Oct 2013 08:40

jarnold427
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jarnold427 » 12 Nov 2013 20:27

It keeps getting better every week!!! I'm a huge Joss fan, but the show was really shaky at the beginning. Made me a little nervous, but my fan love overcame my inner critic so I watch every week and BOY HOWDY has it gotten good!! The past two weeks have been amazing and I can't wait for next week!

Also I regularly have insane fangirl moments over Melinda May's badassery every week. I think 75% of Ming-Na Wen's acting is nonverbal and the faces she makes are flawless. So many excellent eye rolls...

Courage comes from letting go and loving everything you fear away

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 13 Nov 2013 13:20

Yea...I thought it was a bit shaky too but I had no doubts it would get better. It's Joss afterall. I have complete faith in him. Ugh I really need to catch up. I'm an episode or two behind. Its been a crazy week for me. :crazy:

Nicky_Angel
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Nicky_Angel » 16 Nov 2013 04:59

For me the show is okay.
I'm a huge comic book fan and I've pretty much watched every single show and movie done by Joss and after The Avengers it was clear that I will be a devoted fan of this show but it kind of feels like a regular spy show.
Every once in a while they throw in some reference to the marvel universe so we will feel connected but other than that there isn't much there that I can say is comic book related.
Ive read that next week will be related to Thor 2 (so if you haven't watched it yet, go now!) so I'm curious to see that one.
I hope the show will get better otherwise it won't last more than a season or two at the most.

I don't care, no I wouldn't dare, To fix the twist in you

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 16 Nov 2013 19:40

Nicky_Angel
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Nicky_Angel » 17 Nov 2013 03:08

I have all the faith in the world in him
but the show was meant to be something that connects to the movies and the books but still draw in some new audiences
I guess we shall wait and see

jarnold427
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jarnold427 » 21 Nov 2013 19:28

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 22 Nov 2013 07:43

Yes! I watched the Thor one yesterday. Damn, Melinda May is a badass, isn't she? I love every character on this show which surprises me a little. There's usually at least one person I'm not so fond of or could do without but it's such a strong ensemble.

Nicky_Angel
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Nicky_Angel » 22 Nov 2013 09:40

I love FitzSimmons
They are so cute and nerdy

jarnold427
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jarnold427 » 27 Nov 2013 20:46

Tuesdays episode anyone?!?! Oh. My. Gawsh. Melinda May fangirl fest happened on my couch.

Nicky_Angel
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Nicky_Angel » 02 Dec 2013 13:54

Don't like her much
maybe if she will come out of her shell a bit more

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 02 Dec 2013 16:22

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”