Trick 'r Treat

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kakugori
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Trick 'r Treat

Unread postby kakugori » 15 Aug 2012 20:28

I don't know how I hadn't seen this before, but clearly I was missing something. Trick 'r Treat is a fantastic movie, or at least this particular Halloween obsessed, starts-planning-in-July type of person thinks so. I LOVE IT.

So you have this kidlet named Sam, who is like the spirit of Halloween, going around town reminding people to keep to tradition. Wear a costume, hand out candy, decorate, don't blow out the candle in the jack o'lantern too early, etc. Except this is a thriller/horror movie, so it gets a little more persuasive. But, c'mon, look at this kid:

He's cute! Look how happy that face is. Please ignore the walls and the flaming pumpkin.

So, yeah. Horror movie that isn't just scary/gory/whatever so it's good for Halloween - it's really all about the best holiday ever.

Anybody? Anybody? Having just discovered this fantastic thing, now I want to share it with everyone I've never met.

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Trick 'r Treat

Unread postby *J* » 16 Aug 2012 09:59

Cool. When did it come out? I might have to see if it is on netflix and put it in my queue for Halloween. I usually drink beer and watch Halloween movies while Dave hands out candy. Occasionally, he will call me outside to check out cool costumes. Only day of the year I wish I had a child :tongue: !

kakugori
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kakugori » 16 Aug 2012 12:32

The production company apparently decided to can it, so this was never released in theaters (probably why I hadn't discovered it until now). The copyright says 2007, but I think it went straight to dvd in 2009.

Definitely a good movie to watch on Halloween. Netflix should have it.

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 17 Aug 2012 13:57

sounds cool, i luuuv halloween! i'll have to check it out :smile: 'the gingerdead man' movies are great to watch on halloween too :laugh: anybody seen these amazing works of cinematography? haha

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”