The Avengers

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

The Avengers

Unread postby Cassie » 05 May 2012 21:24

Okay...so who has seen it?

I went to see it last night in IMAX 3D. It lived up to all the hype and MORE.It was fantastic. I loved every second of it. Can't wait to go see it again.

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: The Avengers

Unread postby angelbear425 » 06 May 2012 08:12

Saw it in XD 3D at Cinemark Thursday night. I agree. It was awesome! I can't wait until the next one! I also loved Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk.

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

StephSP
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby StephSP » 06 May 2012 08:20

i also have seen it last night and in my opinion it was totally boring, until it becomes interesting the last half of an hour :( or maybe i wasn't in the right mood for it?? i guess i had too many expectations. :noclue:

"My philosophy for life is: don't regret anything you do - cause in the end it makes you who you are"

NinaL
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby NinaL » 06 May 2012 14:42

My sister and I are planning to go see it, so hopefully we´ll do that next weekend. I hope it`s as good as it seems.

"Cause what`s inside of me is invisible to most, even in clear view"

Do you have a Sick Puppies tattoo? Want to be a part of my project?

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 06 May 2012 17:50

AMAZING!

I'm very critical of super hero movies, it blew every expectation out of the water, not surprising since Joss Weadon wrote and directed, the man can do no wrong.

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 06 May 2012 18:33

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 06 May 2012 21:23

Joss Whedon, wow can't believe I spelled his name wrong, I'm disappointed in myself

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 07 May 2012 04:09

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 07 May 2012 04:26

Omg we saw midnight premiere and it was perfect. It was dramatic and funny and actiony and perfect. :love:

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 07 May 2012 17:48

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 08 May 2012 00:33

It definitely delivered! The most fun film I've experienced in theaters so far this year.

However, I still think it'll be below "The Amazing Spider-Man" and DEFINITELY "The Dark Knight Rises" in overall quality (oh boy, the comic-book geek in me is getting such an intense fix this year!). Which is saying a lot for the aforementioned as I absolutely loved "The Avengers"! Additionally, I was very surprised at how much screen-time Black Widow received, she's my favorite. :love:

.....I really wanted the IMAX experience though, but I boycotted 3-D as I feel it really doesn't belong in cinema. Plus, I just don't like how it looks, it's too distracting & annoying to my eyes.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Eliza_janet5
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Eliza_janet5 » 08 May 2012 08:40

Totally gunna go see this movie.

Love is a terrible crime. It kills the innocent with blood and grime.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 09 May 2012 15:26

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 09 May 2012 20:18

Can't compare this and the DK Rises too be honest. Dark Knight is for the gritty, dark, side of super heroes, and I personally think it'll be one of the greatest movies yet. Avengers was the kind of super hero movie that appeals to everyone with an awesome mix of action and humor. I think spiderman will be amazing but below both of these.

Formerly known as Cakerz

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 18 May 2012 22:08

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 23 May 2012 18:28

Formerly known as Cakerz

rocklover

Unread postby rocklover » 05 Jul 2012 09:24

im a big comic book/superhero movie fan to begin with. loved this movie. ive already seen it 3x in the theatre. and i read last week that the dvd is being released on my birthday (9/25) :rock:

~Jen

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”