X-Men: First Class

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

X-Men: First Class

Unread postby Serge » 10 Feb 2011 16:43

I'm glad other comic book films are following in the steps of the new Batman series and choosing great Directors for their films. It looks like Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Stardust, Kick-Ass) did an amazing job with this. I can't wait to see it! :smile:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: X-Men: First Class

Unread postby Cody Lee » 12 Feb 2011 19:50

Hated X3, Wolverine wasn't much better. The story/timeline for this one have been f**ked up but the director/casting alone makes me think it'll be much better than the other 2.

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 26 May 2011 00:08

Early reviews are at 100% positive so far. I knew this was going to be amazing! Great Director and a great cast.

I can't wait to see it next Friday, and I might even go on the opening day.

.....who else is excited? :crazy:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Agbert

Unread postby Agbert » 09 Jun 2011 22:56

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 18 Jun 2011 15:38

I have only seen the movies so I am just judging it by a movie and not by the previous media. LOVED IT!!!

Dave and I just saw it this morning and it was so good. Loved the actors and the graphics. It explained to us what happened before the other movies..go see it!

Nicky_Angel
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Nicky_Angel » 20 Jun 2011 09:03

I love the whole X-Men movies deal but I was a bit disappointed by the new one...
all my friends were saying how good it was and when I finally got the chance to watch it... It wasn't bad or anything but it wasn't all that good too...

they really messed up the characters and time and ignored the movies before that and I don't like it when they don't follow the original stories.

I don't care, no I wouldn't dare, To fix the twist in you

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 28 Jun 2011 16:53

They didn't follow the original stories from the comics or previous films?

If it's the latter, I disagree, since it pretty much connected with the original trilogy (especially Erik and Xavier's history); with the exception of maybe a few minor things (since I THINK Shaw appeared in X-2, except as "Dr. Shaw"; not sure if it was the actual Sebastian Shaw). If it's the former, then well, no other comic-book film adaptation every follows what's in the comics 100%.

I not only thought it was the best X-Men film so far, but quite possibly the best film of the year so far. ("Source Code" and "Rango" being close behind). Every single aspect of the film was beautifully crafted (superb acting, intelligent dialogue, perfect flow of the story, awesome special effects, great musical score, appropriate comic relief), and I even felt way more emotion than all the previous X-Men films combined. (my eyes literally watered in one or two scenes, lol.)

But I guess we all feel differently about art, and that's what makes it beautiful.

....I personally hope this is the start of a new trilogy; as long as Matthew Vaughn remains the Director. :)

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 29 Jun 2011 07:13

Yes, I agree one of my favorite movies so far. And I think it did connect the other movies and give more of a background. I am re-watching the others and it is so fun!

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 29 Jun 2011 18:51

Bad effects, great movie. Saved by the acting of Prof x and magneto. I'd usually write a longer review but no time.

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 30 Jun 2011 08:28

silver_spirit17
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby silver_spirit17 » 30 Jun 2011 13:30

I have seen it twice now and really enjoyed it. If opportunity would go and see it again. Really want to sit down and rewatch the others. Also must comment I enjoyed the reuse and expansion of a certain scene from the first movie :).

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 30 Jun 2011 16:52

rocklover

Unread postby rocklover » 05 Jul 2012 09:34

love this whole series (minus the wolverine spinoff) and i really enjoyed this movie. i was skeptical at first. i hate remakes/sequals but they did a great job with this

~Jen

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”