Dead Like Me

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kakugori
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Dead Like Me

Unread postby kakugori » 16 Oct 2010 21:47

I am not much for TV, and I don't really keep up with anything current, but I want to talk about this particular series - Dead Like Me.

I fell in love with it from the very beginning... I was channel surfing late one night/very early one morning (you know how that goes). I landed on SciFi (SyFy now I guess??) because I saw Mandy Patinkin, who is one of my favorite actors. I got to see about the last half of the episode, and liked it, and then promptly forgot all about it. Several months later, I was in a 'must watch everything on Hulu' stage and ran across the show again in my recommendations. I watched the entire series, both seasons, in the course of about a week and then went out and bought the whole collection because I loved it so much.

Folks, this is my favorite TV series of all time. I find it hilarious. The characters are fantastic, and that's not just the 'main' characters--I really love the waitress at Der Waffle Haus, Kiffany. The show deals with the main character, George, and the way she and her family handle her death at a young age and the whole business of being a grim reaper. Funny and insightful. (If you liked Pushing Daisies, this was created by the same guy.)

- -

Anybody else love this show as much as I do? Or maybe you've never heard of it before and I have just totally brightened up your life?

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Re: Dead Like Me

Unread postby Cassie » 16 Oct 2010 22:32

Wow, didn't think anybody else knew about this show. I remember watching the very first episode when it aired on Showtime. Fell in love. Unfortunately, it was at my friends house and I didn't get that channel at home. Watched the next and forgot about it cuz I couldn't watch it :cry: ...until I saw the season 1 box set in Borders. Bought it on the spot and caught up, then waited patiently for season 2. LOVE the show. Season 1 was way better than 2, but it's definitely a favorite.

Did you watch the movie?

dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dlcramer » 16 Oct 2010 22:51

We used to watch it on Showtime when it originally aired. Poor George, getting hit by the toilet that way.

kakugori
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby kakugori » 17 Oct 2010 18:40

^^I do have the movie--it came as part of the boxed set I bought. Not as good as the series, IMO, and sorely lacking Mandy Patinkin but still pretty funny. Best part was the storyline with Reggie.

For you guys that have seen it, favorite character/episode/moment?

I don't really have a favorite episode (too hard to pick just one), though I really like Roxy, Kiffany, Crystal and Delores. And I love this quote:
Daisy: "Do you know what the holy trinity is, George?"
Rube: "We are in a f*ing restaurant, it's peppers, onions, and celery."

Burried4U
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Burried4U » 17 Oct 2010 19:05

This is one of my favorite tv series ever!!! I love Mason. he is so.... Mason. :laugh: There's really no other way to describe him.

Jeep_wrangler_girl
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jeep_wrangler_girl » 07 Dec 2010 07:56

OMFG! I love Dead Like Me. When I was in school, my aunt would let me stay up late to watch it with her....after it ended I didn't think much more about it until I saw season 1 on sale at Target for $20. I bought it immediately and fell in love all over again.

Favorite characters: George, Mason, and Ronnie Dobbs.
Favorite episode: I don't think I can choose because their are too many good ones, but I love all the ones where you learn about Rube's past and the one where Mason has that tube of drugs burst in his bum.
Favorite quote:
"Mason: But I am prett?
Rube: Oh you're darling, you make my heart flutter"

"George: Death is like sex in high school. If you knew how many times you missed having it, you'd be paralyzed"

"Daisy Adair: If Romeo had just masturbated a couple of times a week he would have saved both those nice families a heap of trouble. "

rocklover

Unread postby rocklover » 23 May 2011 17:41

loved this show. it was the whole reason i got showtime. i now own the complete series as well as the movie (although i didnt really enjoy the movie, it just wasnt the same as the tv series)

~Jen

x_Carlie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby x_Carlie » 30 May 2011 09:52

I just started watching it a few weeks ago, after a friend told me about it, and it's now my favorite show. =D The characters are all so great. My favorites would have to be Mason and Roxy.

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”