Let Me In

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Let Me In

Unread postby Serge » 30 Sep 2010 21:05

I usually hate remakes, but this actually looks pretty good and has gotten mostly positive early reviews. It's about time a REAL vampire film comes out. See the original first though, it's amazing.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Re: Let Me In

Unread postby Cassie » 01 Oct 2010 13:41

Agreed. I definitely can't wait to see this one...Loved the original.

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 01 Oct 2010 18:06

I did not know this was a remake...I don't see as many scary/gore movies as I used to. But I love thriller, suspense, twisty, crazy movies. I will go look up the original...maybe on netflix?

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 01 Oct 2010 19:36

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 01 Oct 2010 20:17

Yup, it's streaming on NetFlix too actually if I remember correctly, the original is "Let the Right One In" and it isn't even that old actually, 2008 I believe. It's Swedish though; but I personally don't mind and watch all kinds of foreign films. In fact, if you want good horror these days, foreign's the way to go. :)

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 02 Oct 2010 11:12

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 02 Oct 2010 18:51

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 03 Oct 2010 10:34

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 03 Oct 2010 11:06

Didn't know this was a remake. It looks really good though! I know Donna saw it last night and said it's a good movie.

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 03 Oct 2010 18:50

Justine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Justine » 04 Oct 2010 04:46

Nice ! It's coming out on Wednesday here, and I might go see it.
Can't wait :crazy:

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 04 Oct 2010 13:13

This is a must see .. I can't begin to say how much I loved this movie . There were parts that made me want to laugh, cry and even cheer . The storyline along with casting Chloe Grace Moretz as Abby and Kodi Smit-McPhee as Owen are what makes this movie so different and pretty emotional as compared to other vampire movies. They are both amazing in this .. I think they casted them perfectly. I will definitely be adding this to my DVD collection when it becomes available.

And I mean no offense to Twilight fans (I like Twilight too !) but after seeing this I can understand why so many people are not fans .. Let Me In is a true vampire movie and really leaves an impression on you after seeing it .

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 05 Oct 2010 00:00

You're welcome SEIPPUP! :)

I saw it earlier tonight and just finished my first official "blogging" review, so be gentle! I have fun watching, discussing, and basically anything dealing with films so I'll probably keep the blog site going from now on.

http://theextractor.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... e-not.html

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”