Inception

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Inception

Unread postby Serge » 23 Dec 2009 15:20

The plot is still vague and very little is known, but damnit it's Nolan! a brilliant director and one of my favorites. He's been fail-proof so far (Memento, The Prestige, both newest Batman films)

On top of it all, starring alongside DiCaprio will be Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, AND Cillian Murphy Three of my favorite actors/actress in a film by one of my favorite directors? Instant win!

And Marion Cotillard too who keeps showing a lot of promise.

.....I think this is easily the 2010 film I'm MOST looking forward to so far. :biggrin:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Inception

Unread postby Cody Lee » 23 Dec 2009 15:51

I remember seeing the preview and thinking, pretty cool

...then hearing "Nolan" and thinking ok gonna be awesome

...then hearing DiCaprio, Page, and Murphy and I was like HELL YES!

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 28 Dec 2009 21:53

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=392OyQuAR0Q

Finally an actual trailer, not just a teaser. CANNOT WAIT

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Serge » 05 Jan 2010 11:03

Nice! they actually show Ellen on that one :drool:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Sleeve

Unread postby Sleeve » 18 Feb 2010 15:44

Definitely looking forward to this, Nolan has a great track record so far. My favorite movie coming out this summer so far.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 12 May 2010 14:15

So the new trailer is out and I'm even more excited than I was before (which is hard cause I'm REALLY looking forward to this movie.)

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/in ... al-trailer

Finally some more plot

Formerly known as Cakerz

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 13 Jul 2010 00:39

3 days away!

I'm shocked there's not much buzz about it. Nolan directing/screenwriting. A dream cast filled with personal favorites of mine (DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Cilian Murphy). First great non-animated film of the summer, in my opinion. I can't wait! :smile:

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 13 Jul 2010 00:55

Formerly known as Cakerz

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 14 Jul 2010 11:51

lol that's sad :(

Well, I guess here is further proof since it looks like only you and I are stoked. I heard it's even more puzzling than "Memento" which is good because I LOVE films that force you to think and solve. Good thing I plan it to see it at least 2 more times in theaters! :smile:

....going to the premiere too?

grunt1096
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby grunt1096 » 14 Jul 2010 16:23

I can't wait to see this movie.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 14 Jul 2010 18:21

Missing midnight prem which makes me :(. but i'll see it friday

Formerly known as Cakerz

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 15 Jul 2010 18:19

I don't like going to midnight premieres of films that require a LOT of thinking and attention like this will, plus it's a close to 3 hour film lol. (and I'm not much of an insomniac anymore)

....I've had my regular premiere tickets for a while though, and I'll be seeing it again for free courtesy of a free ticket that came in the "Insomnia" Blu-Ray (Nolan's third film), but I plan to see it a total of 3 times! :biggrin:

P.S. - I love this article! so true.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Ince ... 19586.html

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 15 Jul 2010 18:29

I saw a preview to this at the theater recently. I thought it looked good. I have seen several tv commericals about it in the last few days too. I am not really sure I understand what it is about but then I guess that might be one of the points of a preview...get someone interested enough to see it even without saying much about it.

Steph

Kat2323
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kat2323 » 16 Jul 2010 08:32

I have been waiting to see this movie for ages :D I love Cillian and Leonardo. I am either seeing in Tonight or tomorrow night :D

Tweet me! :) @Kat2323x

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 16 Jul 2010 17:17

Wow! Talk about being blown away. It's so perfect in every way. Bravo, Mr. Nolan, bravo. :bow:

Christopher Nolan proved once more why he's one of the best contemporary Directors/Screenwriters. The best in "Blockbusters" without a doubt. Best film of the year! 5/5. I can't wait to see it again and again.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 16 Jul 2010 20:10

Just witnessed the greatest work of cinema I've ever seen in my life. Inception. Beauitful effects, brilliant storytelling, phenomenal acting, even true originality. It's such a shame that so many will dislike it for lack of the intelligence needed to understand it.

Formerly known as Cakerz

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 16 Jul 2010 21:23

^Very well said, my fellow great film taste comrade!

Especially the last part; it's okay to like a film but not fully understand it, and it's even okay to be undecided because you don't understand it, but saying something "sucks" because you don't understand it is so idiotic. And sadly, that'll be a major case for this film. I was personally not that confused at all with the exception of one or two minor things that should be answered with a 2nd or 3rd viewing.

grunt1096
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby grunt1096 » 17 Jul 2010 20:10

This was a fantastic movie. I loved the acting, especially Cillian Murphy, DiCaprio and Ellen Page. And the directing and special effects were top notch.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 18 Jul 2010 10:01

$60.4 opening weekend, not tremendous, but more than I thought. Great job, America, it's been a long while since a deserving film opened like this. And thank YOU Christopher Nolan for saving summer blockbusters films by bringing back hope. For a while, only Toy Story 3 seemed to be the only great one.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=inception.htm

....so a round of applause for all who have paid to see it. You're not only supporting a great film, the film of the year, and of the best films of the 21st century, but you're also supporting the survival of amazing summer blockbusters, and probably blockbusters in general too.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 18 Jul 2010 10:17

I think it's gonna have an avatar effect. Decent opening weekend, but because of word of mouth it's gonna bring in a LOT LOT more!

Formerly known as Cakerz

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”