The Dark Knight Rises

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Unread postby Cassie » 11 Jun 2012 07:06

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Serge » 06 Jul 2012 01:09

2 weeks away! The tormenting wait is almost over, lol.

I really wanted to do the trilogy marathon/midnight showing, but there's no one willing to join me for it. But in a few days I'm getting my tickets for an early release-day showing on IMAX. I'm so excited. :crazy:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 06 Jul 2012 09:33

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 06 Jul 2012 22:57

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Serge » 07 Jul 2012 00:35

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 07 Jul 2012 00:42

So I just checked the pricing, and the trilogy marathon is only $25 and it starts at 6:30, not too bad really! I'm surprised it hasn't sold-out (I guess most people can't endure the close to 8 hours), the midnight showing in IMAX is sold-out though!

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 07 Jul 2012 22:10

Movie is so close I can taste it.

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 08 Jul 2012 19:33

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 09 Jul 2012 16:02

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 18 Jul 2012 15:56

2 Days away! :crazy:

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 22 Jul 2012 03:15

So this film left me so speechless, that I couldn't even think of what to say anywhere online until right now, lol. Viewing the trilogy back-to-back definitely enhances it, because to me, all 3 films are equal and feel more like one big book split into 3 main parts. I'm not going to write a review or share my detailed opinions until I see it a 2nd time (on IMAX) for two reasons: 1) It was so epic that my feelings & thoughts need more time to fully collect, and 2) Nolan films always require at LEAST one more view, but usually multiple views to fully understand it and to catch things you might have missed.

But for now, I will say that it's the best film of the year so far, the best comic-book film of all time, and EASILY one of the best trilogies ever. Not too many sagas can be named that had great endings. My embarrassing admission is that I actually fell into a (not serious) "depression" if you will, after the film. Why? because TDKR was the thing I was most looking forward to this year and because Nolan said this would be his last Batman film as Director; so even as the optimist that I am, I find it difficult to believe that anyone can top Nolan's masterpieces, let alone match them.

....I'm planning on seeing it a 2nd time and on IMAX! But I will probably try to go for a 3rd time as well. =P

Has anyone else seen it yet?

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 22 Jul 2012 21:50

Saw it twice, and while I'd usually write a novel of a review I'm the same way, it was just so amazing I don't really know how to describe short of just saying OH MY GOD, PHENOMENAL, ETC. I had higher expectations for this movie than I ever have for any other movie and it still exceeded them which is crazy.

Formerly known as Cakerz

xoBITEMARKSox
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby xoBITEMARKSox » 22 Jul 2012 22:21

It was a good movie. Anne Hathaway was fantastic! For how long it was, it ran pretty quickly. However, a lot of the twists i was able to predict fairly early on. I also tended to compare this to the Avengers a ton, and I felt TDKR could have been better... I am much more of a Marvel fan than DC so maybe im biased, but did anyone else agree Avengers was better?

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 23 Jul 2012 02:08

I can't wait to see it again!

I personally thought "The Dark Knight Rises" was better overall, but they are definitely very different films. "The Avengers" is way more kid-friendly, while TDKR really isn't. I had an absolute blast and adrenaline rush with "The Avengers", but with TDKR, I felt such a plethora of emotions. My eyes even watered at many points because of some powerful performances, the ending, and because this was Nolan's last time working with Batman, at least as Director.

Personally, for a third film that's part of a trilogy, I couldn't have asked for more. Like Cody, my expectations were sky high, and it still exceeded them. As I mentioned before, there's VERY rarely endings to a film saga that are just as good or better than their predecessors, let alone be even pretty good at all. (i.e. "Spider-Man 3" and "X-Men: The Last Stand"). Christopher Nolan is so ridiculously fail-proof, I love that man so much!

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 23 Jul 2012 20:17

Nolan has yet to make a movie that is not amazing. I'm same I can't compare this and Avengers. I don't even like DC at all except batman, I'm marvel all the way, and I LOVED Avengers, but it's so much more of a family fun, action, enjoyable movie, where DKR is so much more of an emotional journey and closure to one I've been experiencing for years.

Formerly known as Cakerz

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 30 Jul 2012 23:33

Happy Birthday, Mr. Nolan! :bow:

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”