Pirates of the Caribbean

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
jazzyd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby jazzyd » 24 Apr 2008 12:26

I love the character Capitan Jack Sparrow!
And Johnny Dep played him soo freaken well. These are a great set of movies.
The last one though was a little too long I did not remember anything after the movie. Cause there is just so much going on.
And I heard they are coming out with a 4th one too.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby Serge » 24 Apr 2008 12:41

Last I heard was that if there is a 4th one the only main character that would be coming back is Jack Sparrow :D

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby hshiau » 24 Apr 2008 12:54

For me, the first one was good because it was different and interesting. The rest were rehash of the same stuff.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby Serge » 24 Apr 2008 14:07

Yeah I kind of agree, I fell asleep for a while during the second one lol.

...and the third one I got on DVD but have yet to see it still, I suppose it's for the very same reason you just mentioned haha =P

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

jazzyd

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby jazzyd » 24 Apr 2008 14:18

I heard that the fourth one was going to concentrate on the son form Orlando blooms character.

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby frodolover36 » 24 Apr 2008 22:25

love the movies!

really the only original is gunna be jack sparrow?? that sucks.

i wonder how they r gunna do it if its gunna be surrounding will's kid

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

uiuclaura
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby uiuclaura » 25 Apr 2008 00:20

Captain Jack Sparrow is my hero.

...And I won't lie, I'm slightly in lust with O. Bloom. Don't jude :P I have to say that the only movie of the trilogy that I didn't enjoy was the second one. It was just kind of filler and I'm sure they could have made it much more intriguing if they'd tried a little harder. Third one was a bit long-ish, but I loved the score, so I sat through it happily, and of course the first was the original and made of awesome.

And I would totally see a Cap'n Jack-centered 4th movie.

"If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking and you beat love down."

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby frodolover36 » 25 Apr 2008 11:06

ur not the only one lovin orlando ;)

i would definitely see the fourth one. no matter what. ill be there for the midnight show!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

ampskeeter22
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby ampskeeter22 » 25 Apr 2008 14:22

I liked the trilogy a lot i didn't care too much for the 2nd one though. But that would be amazing if they are going to make a 4th one, i would go see it ;D

On a quest for SP world domination :crazy:

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby Stephanie » 25 Apr 2008 14:29

The first one will always be the best in my eyes. That first scene with Jack arriving on his "ship" was just awesome. The other two were enjoyable..but they focused a bit more on Elizabeth, less on Jack...and she was not my favorite character by far. I actually found her obnoxious whenever she came on the screen.

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 25 Apr 2008 14:32

I love the first one but I agree with most, I didn't care for the other two. I mainly just watched them to see Johnny Depp lol but they were pretty boring imo.

\m/Mandy\m/

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby frodolover36 » 25 Apr 2008 22:11

well they definitely werent as good as the first one. i was quite disappointed with the third one. when calypso turned into what she turned into (dont wanna give anthing away for those who havent seen it lol) i was like "wtf!?" it was sooo lame. i was very disappointed. and the ending didnt really do it for me

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

jlove

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby jlove » 26 Apr 2008 16:41

I have to agree, I loved the first movie, but the second one I fell asleep twice during before finally finishing it. I really didn't like it, I thought there was way too much going on, and I found it hard to understand a lot of it too. Still haven't seen the last one, and I'm sorry but I really have no intentions to. Orlando Bloom man-crush aside.

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby Stephanie » 26 Apr 2008 18:10

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby frodolover36 » 26 Apr 2008 22:22

yeah i know it was weird. all my friends thought it was the stupidest thing ever

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

taly444

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Unread postby taly444 » 14 Jul 2008 15:53

Personally I absolutely love the movies! Every one of them!
I love Johnny Depp, he is an amazing actor. He plays the role of Captain Jack SO well! I don't think there is a scene in any three of the movies with Johnny Depp where I didn't laugh! I swear!
I don't think there is a movie I didn't like him in, except he was slightly creepin in The Libertine but still good.
I don't see how they are going to only bring back Johnny Depp. Because Orlando and Kira played obviously such big roles in all three movies they can't just NOT have them in the fourth one!
Well I'm awaiting it! And hopefully I'll get to see them all in it! =]
But I could watch all three of those movies a million times.
But I do have to say my favorite would have to be either the first or the third.

Chaos_3
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Chaos_3 » 11 Aug 2008 19:04

They're going to make a fourth one?!
I think they're over doing the pirates.
The first and third were really good, but the second one SUCKED.
I have a feeling that maybe they're chances of making a good EVEN numbered Pirates film are slim.

Speedynek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Speedynek » 13 Dec 2010 13:16

This is gonna be epic! Can't wait to see it in 3D!

Thanks to for signature!

Proud 1st Czech member and Ambassador! :D

Will I ever learn to treasure the ones I care for? Everyone leaves in the end doesn't matter how hard you hold on. Doesn't matter how much you drain your heart for.

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 13 Dec 2010 14:45

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 13 Dec 2010 18:19

I LOVE the trailer!! I can't even begin to descirbe how stoked I am about this movie. Johnny Depp = one sexxxy pirate. :love:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”