Donnie Darko

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jazzyd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Donnie Darko

Unread postby jazzyd » 19 Apr 2008 17:35

I've only seen half of it but I LOVE IT!

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Donnie Darko

Unread postby Serge » 19 Apr 2008 17:40

Whaaat?, you HAVE to see all of it. It's one of my favorites of all time, I can't believe it's almost 7yrs old already lol.

It's such an amazing film, now I wanna see it again haha.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Donnie Darko

Unread postby Shamrock » 19 Apr 2008 21:24

Yes, you definately should watch the whole thing. It's great.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Donnie Darko

Unread postby Serge » 19 Apr 2008 23:06

I'm about to watch it right now!

....as an insomniac with anxiety problems, the only thing that can relax me on late nights is good films and good music :D

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

jazzyd

Donnie Darko

Unread postby jazzyd » 20 Apr 2008 12:14

ok please explain this movie to me!

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Donnie Darko

Unread postby Serge » 20 Apr 2008 12:35

Ah man!, well there's a lot of symbolism & allusions throughout the whole movie. But the main plot is that everything that's going on is what that book "The Philosophy of Time Travel" has written. (i.e. the Artifact is the jet engine, Donnie's the Living Receiver, the people who die are the Manipulated Dead)

If you buy the Director's Cut DVD it explains it a lot better through bonus scenes and other extras :D

jazzyd

Donnie Darko

Unread postby jazzyd » 20 Apr 2008 12:39

haha yeah that is not a movie to watch at 2:30 in the morning

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Donnie Darko

Unread postby Serge » 20 Apr 2008 12:47

lol it is when you're an insomniac.

I'm such a nocturnal person!, in the morning/noon I still find myself pressing the snooze button on my brain for the 3rd time =x

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”