Alice in Wonderland

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alice in Wonderland

Unread postby Serge » 22 Jun 2009 03:10

(I could have SWORN I started a thread last year, hmm)

Well it's still roughly 9 months away, but this film is TOO good now to discuss now! I've been stoked for it for ages, even blogged about it last year! lol

It's the first film to use a technique combining live action, motion capture technology and stop motion. Aussie Mia Wasikowska is playing Alice, and the rest of the cast is star-studded: Johnny Depp (Mad Hatter), Helena Bonham Carter (Red Queen), Anne Hathaway [<--love her!] (White Queen), Alan Rickman (Caterpillar), Christopher Lee (Jabberwock), Crispin Glover (Knave of Hearts), and much more!

On top of that the production cast is stacked as well! Tim Burton is Directing, Danny Elfman is doing the music, Chris Lebenzon (The Crow, Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish) is editing, and cinematography by Dariusz Wolski (The Crow, Pirates trilogy, Sweeney Todd). In other words, this film is fail proof! I'm so stoked for it it's ridiculous (Alice is my fave fantasy tale of all time!)

FIRST LOOK:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... land_N.htm

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Mike
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Alice in Wonderland

Unread postby Mike » 22 Jun 2009 14:02

Here is an article with a couple more pictures. Johnny Depp looks CREEPY. I would say the same about Helena Bonham Carter, but that's not news...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/2 ... 18747.html

rockedbritt
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rockedbritt » 22 Jun 2009 15:50

I.AM.SO.EXCITED. :crazy:

Hi, I'm Brittany and I'm in love with Sick Puppies.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 22 Jun 2009 19:23

I am totally excited for this ..as Serge already knows :laugh: I think the visuals in this movie (as in all of Burton's creations) are going to be beyond rad. I think Depp and Bonham-Carter look super....odd as well but I always say the odder the better :cool: Alice's world is strange so I believe that the way they look is very fitting . I just wish it was coming out before March 2010!

There are some amazing photos here as well ... eep...I can't wait...

http://www.collider.com/2009/06/21/firs ... d-updated/

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 22 Jun 2009 19:39

LOL @ the pic of Helena. My god, that woman can adjust to anything... same with Depp. They all look great. :laugh:

Cassandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cassandra » 22 Jun 2009 21:24

:crazy: I can't wait until this movie comes out!

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 23 Jun 2009 04:42

I am really excited about this movie! And Serge, I was sure that you'd started a thread for this already too. Maybe we're both losing it? :laugh:

jls07
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jls07 » 23 Jun 2009 11:05

This movie is gonna be so epic! I cannot wait! Hopefully we wont have to wait to ridiculously long for it to come out!

Call me Jes!

Here since '08. Gotta love that Evanescence tour (;

Mike
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mike » 23 Jun 2009 11:11

Depends on what you consider a long wait. The movie comes out March 5, 2010

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 23 Jun 2009 16:37

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 23 Jun 2009 17:37

I like the aforementioned one only because it makes us look good. :biggrin:

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 23 Jun 2009 17:47

And it sounds cooler! lol

(and who doesn't like the idea of an actual Wonderland? with no drugs required! =x)

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 24 Jun 2009 20:41

I thought I was losing it too LOL So I went through and figured out the mystery! There wasn't a thread started, the discussion was from the "Disney, Anyone?" Thread So, no rabbit hole, no drugs, no insanity (well, not MUCH anyways :laugh: )

But yeah... I can't wait for this movie either! I LOVED the pics on those sites and I think it'll be the perfect movie for Tim Burton!

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 25 Jun 2009 04:09

Thanks for clearing that up, Missy!

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 25 Jun 2009 05:15

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 25 Jun 2009 14:21

You can call me Life Saver now :wink: :laugh:

I want one of the posters too! In fact, I think I remember reading that they were gonna begin advertising the film this week and I wanted to make a point of going to the movies specifically for that reason lol

I remember when I was little, we lived down the street from a movie rental place and I was absolutely OBSESSED with The Lion King. I convinced the guys at the movie store to let me have the big cardboard displays and I kept it in my room forever and a day! It was awesome :biggrin:

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 22 Jul 2009 16:15

Aww, the trailer was online about an hour ago but it seems it got stripped and won't be available until later this week :cry:

rockedbritt
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rockedbritt » 22 Jul 2009 22:10

Hi, I'm Brittany and I'm in love with Sick Puppies.

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 23 Jul 2009 04:24

^^^ It says "Page Not Found". :(

Kate
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kate » 23 Jul 2009 04:29

For you, my dears. :wink:

Hurry up before it gets taken down.

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”