Synecdoche, New York

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Synecdoche, New York

Unread postby Serge » 22 Oct 2008 23:17

Is anyone else stoked for this? =P

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one since not many have an eccentric taste in film as I do, but it's worth a shot lol. I've been waiting SO long for this and I'm glad it's finally hitting theaters this Friday. I'm a huge fan of Charlie Kaufman and he's not only a film-maker inspiration, but an inspiration in general, I've loved all his screenplay work. (Eternal Sunshine, Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, Human Behavior, etc)

I am, however, VERY nervous since this is his first time actually directing, I was hoping for Michel Gondry (since the synopsis screamed his name) or Spike Jonze as Director, but I'm sure Kaufman will do a great job in his Directorial debut. It's kinda sad that the most artistic/meaningful film of the year (possibly) will get very little attention and won't do so great in the box office :(

**EDIT** Bummer! apparently it's a very limited release, so it'll only be showing in LA and NYC this Friday. I hope that changes because I reaaaally wanna see this on the silver screen. :cry:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”