The Nightmare Before Christmas

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Re: The Nightmare Before Christmas

Unread postby Cassie » 24 Apr 2010 07:53

Haha. I used to have a lot more Monopoly games but I think we lost them with all the moving over the years. Plus Lyzz doesn't like it. We only ever played during game night but our friends moved out of their apartment to go back living with their parents after Christmas so we don't have them anymore :(

Anyway currently I have NBC Monopoly, Anti-Monopoly, and some Tropical Monopoly DVD Game, along with the standard. I haven't had a chance to play any except the regular (cuz of the lack of game nights) The first 2 were Xmas presents so it's not like I wasted money...Whenever we went to game night, we would play Mega Monopoly, (which was like my second favorite game to play). Especially the Speed Die. I USED to have Millenium-opoly, which I loved, Deluxe, and Here and Now (not the "World" edition")

My biggest peeve with the newer ones is the electronic banking. My brothers have a version that we tried with it, and I hated it. It's more of a hassle than the money, having to remember which color is which person and having them in the right slots. Especially if you're playing at a fast speed. They just got Monopoly City for Xmas which I'm curious about trying.

Wow, did I really talk that much about Monopoly? Anyway, we stumbled across NBC Scrabble like the beginning of last summer in a store near us called Christmas Tree Shops for $13 and grabbed it. It was the last one. We later found out that it sells for twice that :surprised: We haven't seen another one there since tho...

angelbear425 wrote:I would love to see a NBC Uno game. [/color]

There already is one.

Uno is awesome too. I have that H20 version tho and I don't like it. I used to have a deluxe version in a tin but it got lost and I'm so mad cuz I can't find it ANYWHERE....

Image Image Image

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 24 Apr 2010 08:00

Cassie wrote:
angelbear425 wrote:I would love to see a NBC Uno game. [/color]

There already is one.

Uno is awesome too. I have that H20 version tho and I don't like it. I used to have a deluxe version in a tin but it got lost and I'm so mad cuz I can't find it ANYWHERE....

I am going to have to look for that. :smile:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 24 Apr 2010 08:05

Ya know what..?? I do remember seeing this when I was in Disney World for my birthday last October. I didn't buy it because I never played the game before.

I just looked on ebay and it's really expensive (surprise, surprise) so I am just going to watch until I go to Disney again.

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 24 Apr 2010 08:09

http://www.bettysattic.com/website/stor ... m_no=55756

I just haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

Image Image Image

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 24 Apr 2010 08:14

Thanks, Cassie!

psycolovermonkey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby psycolovermonkey » 26 Apr 2010 21:52

angelbear425 wrote:I love Monopoly too! I also have several different ones. Regular, Millenium, Scooby Doo, Disney, Juicy Couture, and Here and Now. I also had Deluxe Monopoly, but my sister stole it out of my closet and claimed it was a gift from her bf at the time. Like I was an idiot- mine disappeared and she all of a sudden got it. :laugh:

I have Toy Story Uno and never played the game until a few months ago, but that is also such a fun game! I am shocked I never played Uno before because of how much I loved it.

I would love to see a NBC Uno game.

A nbeforec uno game would be awesome if I could find that we'd definitly hafta step up the tornaments...

Thanks us4gim4ru for making my Avatar for me - Many hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:<3: Play HAYPI KINGDOM it's the best MMO game on Apple/Android :wink: Trust me :wink: I would know Im an expert and they only pick 2 per server (20,000 people) :<3: Refer DarkGodess and I'll love you forever :<3:
:<3: Joje thinks Emma`s a Goddess :<3:

Imagehttp://www.foryounoctura.com

psycolovermonkey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby psycolovermonkey » 26 Apr 2010 22:05

Cassie wrote:http://www.bettysattic.com/website/store/product_detail.asp?item_no=55756

Yea, Thanks Im gunna hafta get chels on that right away then I'll have an excuse 2 move torny night up from once a month to 2-3 times a month...wow I wasnt this excited at the club saterday nite...Im a DORK :biggrin:

Thanks us4gim4ru for making my Avatar for me - Many hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:<3: Play HAYPI KINGDOM it's the best MMO game on Apple/Android :wink: Trust me :wink: I would know Im an expert and they only pick 2 per server (20,000 people) :<3: Refer DarkGodess and I'll love you forever :<3:

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 27 Apr 2010 07:41

Cassie wrote: http://www.bettysattic.com/website/stor ... m_no=55756

I went and ordered this and the site cancelled my order. I am off to call them to see why it was cancelled. They didn't even send me an email saying it was cancelled. I checked the status and that is what it said. :ugh:

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 27 Apr 2010 07:51

The uno game is no longer available on that site, which is the reason it was cancelled. :cry:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 27 Apr 2010 17:21

angelbear425 wrote:The uno game is no longer available on that site, which is the reason it was cancelled. :cry:

Then the idiots that work there should update their site...I told Lyzz and she is kicking herself that she didn't just get it for me for Xmas with the NBC monopoly. Amazon had it in stock for $10, and it would have been free shipping :cry:

Image Image Image

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 27 Apr 2010 19:49

Cassie wrote:
angelbear425 wrote:The uno game is no longer available on that site, which is the reason it was cancelled. :cry:

Then the idiots that work there should update their site...I told Lyzz and she is kicking herself that she didn't just get it for me for Xmas with the NBC monopoly. Amazon had it in stock for $10, and it would have been free shipping :cry:

Completely agreed. I asked the lady that too. I said "Why was it on the site if you didn't even have it in stock?" Her response: "I don't know?" Nice.. :wall:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 27 Apr 2010 19:50

angelbear425 wrote:I asked the lady that too. I said "Why was it on the site if you didn't even have it in stock?" Her response: "I don't know?" Nice.. :wall: [/color]

:ugh: :ugh:

Image Image Image

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 27 Apr 2010 19:59

Yea I will probably never look on that site again being that this occurred.

psycolovermonkey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby psycolovermonkey » 27 Apr 2010 22:05

I had a perfect day till I heard that.... I was really looking forward to ordering it friday. :cry: Well I guess i'll hafta be satisfied with my 2 piercings for now. If anybody else finds it online (somewhere else) can you let me know. I'm usin a mobile so it's kinda hard to search for stuff like that so I prob wont find it.... :ugh: :wall: :ugh:

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 27 Apr 2010 23:13

psycolovermonkey wrote:

I had a perfect day till I heard that.... I was really looking forward to ordering it friday. :cry: Well I guess i'll hafta be satisfied with my 2 piercings for now. If anybody else finds it online (somewhere else) can you let me know. I'm usin a mobile so it's kinda hard to search for stuff like that so I prob wont find it.... :ugh: :wall: :ugh:

You can find it on ebay if you want to pay a ton. I know I don't so I will either wait until going to Disney, wait until around Halloween, or just not get it.

psycolovermonkey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby psycolovermonkey » 27 Apr 2010 23:34

They didnt have it around indy at halloween I would of seen it... and bought it.... :smile: an I cant afford expensive so Im stuck until somebody finds it online....

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 28 Apr 2010 08:38

Here it is on amazon from a private seller. Though when I saw the price I went :surprised: :laugh: . I'm sure you will too. http://www.amazon.com/The-Nightmare-Bef ... B0010W655Q

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 28 Apr 2010 13:26

Yea, there's no way I'd pay that much for it. I know last fall/winter it was everywhere. I wish we got it then... :angry: I actually forgot about it for a while til you guys mentioned it...I'm hoping it will be available again this year around that time. :noclue:

Image Image Image

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 28 Apr 2010 13:33

Sooo... I sent an email complaint to the customer service department of Betty's Attic about the uno game not being available and on their website and the lady told me she couldn't find it so I sent her the link and item number. She told me it was removed, but I just tried clicking the link again and I can still "order" the item. :laugh:

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 28 Apr 2010 13:37

Complain again until they take it down :noclue:

Image Image Image

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”