Tropic Thunder

Seen a great movie? A horrible one? Addicted to a tv show? Tell us about it.
Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tropic Thunder

Unread postby Serge » 28 Aug 2008 13:28

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this movie yet. I thought it was hilarious! one of the best comedies I've seen in a long time.

Robert Downey Jr = the man lol

....has anyone else seen it? :)

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Tropic Thunder

Unread postby Kemmy » 28 Aug 2008 13:37

Haven't seen it but I probably will. I've been hearing good things about it.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Serge » 28 Aug 2008 15:05

Really? who? =o

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 28 Aug 2008 15:37

i saw it and it was awesome!!!! i loved RDJ in it. he was the best!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 28 Aug 2008 15:49

Yay finally someone else who also saw it! haha

I loved the whole Blu-Ray & HD-DVD talk, it was so random, but I felt like a total dork that I knew EVERYTHING that he was talking about =x

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 29 Aug 2008 20:59

I didn't even know there was a movie coming out with this title. :laugh:

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 29 Aug 2008 21:12

lol seriously?

I've been waiting for this movie for like ever! it has such an all-star cast too! Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr, Jack Black, Tom Cruise, and a couple of others (plus funny guest appearances lol)

....the fake trailers were the best!

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 29 Aug 2008 21:28

oh, I think I know what you're talking about now, I think I saw previews! :tongue:

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 29 Aug 2008 21:32

It's so funny!

I can't believe they're actually selling the "Booty Sweat" energy drink from the movie, haha. :laugh:

.....I wonder if they'll end up selling the candy bar too, I'm not sure if I should share the name in public though lol.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 29 Aug 2008 22:15

I think I might see it tomorrow... wait, today (it is after midnight :tongue: )

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 29 Aug 2008 22:17

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 29 Aug 2008 22:22

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 29 Aug 2008 22:33

my favorite would have to be
"I know what dude I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!"

haha! i love it :laugh:

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 29 Aug 2008 22:38

lol he had too many, but most are too dirty to say here, haha!

I also loved this one:

"Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box"

:laugh:

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 29 Aug 2008 22:43

haha yeah i love that one. some of my other favorites are too dirty to say here also lol

this one was good:

"All right fellas, we're gonna make camp, rest up. Y'all might be in for a treat. You know back before the war broke out I was a saucier in San Antone. I bet I could collar up some of them greens, yeah, some crawfish out the paddy, yo'! Ha! I'm makin' some crabapples for dessert now, yo! Hell yeah, ha!"

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 29 Aug 2008 22:49

^lol I loved that part too!

Another classic RDJ scene was when he played the role of a farmer as a distraction.

"I'm a lead farmer, mother[bleep]" :laugh:

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 29 Aug 2008 22:58

haha i remember that part! all this talk to making me want to see it again!

"Man, just cause it's a theme song don't make it not true."

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 29 Aug 2008 23:04

Haha! you stole my words! I was just about to say that I feel like watching it again! (I probably will too lol)

One of my favorite non-RDJ moments was the whole Tyra part, haha:

"Somebody said they were close to me?"

:laugh:

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 29 Aug 2008 23:06

yeah ill probably see it too lol.

i love the tyra part! and the whole part about lance. haha! i dont want to say too much and give it away... but it was awesome

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 29 Aug 2008 23:08

Haha same here! everyone needs to go and see it =P

Return to “Movies & TV Shows”